Minivans are Masculinity Killers No?

when we have baby number 2, im coppin that swagwagon or a Honda Odyssey

but really though, if you have a family, it just makes sense. But 80% of dudes posting in this thread don't, hence the responses.....

Me and my family fit fine in a panamera and avalanche. Never needed a van.

I drove my fams minivan a few times
laugh.gif
I guess it makes sense for a family *shrug* and a cayenne is NOT a minivan

I hate minivans. They look terrible and they also handle terrible. It feels like you're driving a storage unit on wheels around cause those things weigh over 4000 pounds.

I'll take a station wagon any day of the week. I don't care about the hit on practicality, minivans are atrocious looking and handle like a semi-trailer. And I don't even want kids so it's no big deal.

Originally Posted by CelticsPride34

Originally Posted by DajonDondo

2010-bmw-x6-m-img02_gallery_image_large.jpg

Listen... I love BMW and more specificly M cars... but this is the most redundant "car" ever made... it seats 4, doesn't do any off-roading at all, has little trunk room, will break your back on a speed bump, has a weird center of gravity, and they decided to give iT 555 HP... I just don't get it ... I'm all for flashy, expensive, and fast, but give the car some sorta purpose...

laugh.gif
the X6M is a head scratcher all around. BMW decided to put a 4-door coupe upper on an SUV platform when most automakers are putting SUV uppers on sedan platforms.

Car is tiny on the inside, has no truck space, room for 4, weighs as much as a boat, and yet has a twin turbo V8? It's huge on the outside but tiny on the inside.

This car is a huge W T F for the entire automobile industry.

Like the other poster said, I fail to see what a minivan can offer as opposed to a 3-row SUV.
Minivans dont have THAT much extra space. If anything the only plus I can see is minivans are lower to the ground, but even then the difference isnt that much.

Even if you have 2 kids, a regular 2 row SUV (Murano, Venza for ex.) would be sufficient. You rolling with 4 people, how much extra space do you honestly need? Maybe if you are the type to haul around a lot of people, but for a family of 4 a 2 row SUV is more than enough. And no, I have no kids, but a lot of family friends that roll like this. Some do it in Camrys and Accords, might be a little tougher since its lower to the ground and not as roomy as an SUV, but good enough. Maybe I gotta wait til im a father to really see it, but from what ive seen, I stand by my opinion.

Originally Posted by scshift

Originally Posted by DajonDondo

2010-bmw-x6-m-img02_gallery_image_large.jpg

Listen... I love BMW and more specificly M cars... but this is the most redundant "car" ever made... it seats 4, doesn't do any off-roading at all, has little trunk room, will break your back on a speed bump, has a weird center of gravity, and they decided to give iT 555 HP... I just don't get it ... I'm all for flashy, expensive, and fast, but give the car some sorta purpose...

laugh.gif
the X6M is a head scratcher all around. BMW decided to put a 4-door coupe upper on an SUV platform when most automakers are putting SUV uppers on sedan platforms.

Car is tiny on the inside, has no truck space, room for 4, weighs as much as a boat, and yet has a twin turbo V8? It's huge on the outside but tiny on the inside.

This car is a huge W T F for the entire automobile industry.
Thank you... and yet it still has 4x4... or awd... or xdrive... or whatever they're calling today... i mean i actually like the looks of it... I remember Clarkson trying to drive it up a grassy hill... he went backwards...

Originally Posted by H Connect

dudes talking about car seats and strollers etc. I get that minivans have removable seats and you can slide a door with a touch of a button...but in all honesty how much more difficult is it to throw a stroller or a car seat in an SUV? I've full on moved furniture, fishing/camping gear, anything and everything in the garden department of Lowes, etc in my SUV with relative ease and plenty of space...I don't see how 2 kids and a few strollers would be any different honestly.
Furniture/fishing gear or rakes don't cry, yell, fight & crap on you.

Thank you... and yet it still has 4x4... or awd... or xdrive... or whatever they're calling today... i mean i actually like the looks of it... I remember Clarkson trying to drive it up a grassy hill... he went backwards...

I used to think it looked okay when it first came out but now I think it's one of the ugliest cars on the road today. It's like a mini-monster truck just because it's so high off the ground and you'd expect an SUV but instead you see this tiny cockpit riding on the wheels.

So absolutely pointless, especially the M model.

I hate minivans. They look terrible and they also handle terrible. It feels like you're driving a storage unit on wheels around cause those things weigh over 4000 pounds.

I'll take a station wagon any day of the week. I don't care about the hit on practicality, minivans are atrocious looking and handle like a semi-trailer. And I don't even want kids so it's no big deal.

I'm done.

30t6p3b.gif

If you think driving a minivan is killing your masculinity, you never had it to begin with.

This is also coming from a subway kind of guy.

Originally Posted by Aquatic Barefoot

I'm done.

30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif
I'm a person who sees cars are more than a utility tool. To me, they're more than a form of transportation.

It might not mean a lot to you, but to me, cars are probably my favorite thing in the world. And as a young kid, I have no money to afford a car. So you best bet when I have that money saved up, I'm getting exactly the car I want.

A minivan is nothing at all like a car. They are a nightmare to drive, park, to handle... yeah right. If I want utility, I'll buy a Cadillac CTS-V wagon, the 6-speed manual one. But I don't expect to have kids, so instead of rolling around in a car I dislike, I'll be pushing a drop top Lamborghini.

Originally Posted by Type X

Originally Posted by H Connect

dudes talking about car seats and strollers etc. I get that minivans have removable seats and you can slide a door with a touch of a button...but in all honesty how much more difficult is it to throw a stroller or a car seat in an SUV? I've full on moved furniture, fishing/camping gear, anything and everything in the garden department of Lowes, etc in my SUV with relative ease and plenty of space...I don't see how 2 kids and a few strollers would be any different honestly.
Furniture/fishing gear or rakes don't cry, yell, fight & crap on you.

indifferent.gif
what exactly does that have to do with making minivans more practical than SUVs when it comes to capacity, seating, storage, etc?

Originally Posted by Aquatic Barefoot

I'm done.

30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif
I'm a person who sees cars are more than a utility tool. To me, they're more than a form of transportation.

It might not mean a lot to you, but to me, cars are probably my favorite thing in the world. And as a young kid, I have no money to afford a car. So you best bet when I have that money saved up, I'm getting exactly the car I want.

A minivan is nothing at all like a car. They are a nightmare to drive, park, to handle... yeah right. If I want utility, I'll buy a Cadillac CTS-V wagon, the 6-speed manual one. But I don't expect to have kids, so instead of rolling around in a car I dislike, I'll be pushing a drop top Lamborghini.

You sir... are forever given a golden pass in my book... that wagon is my realistic dream car... just something bout wagons with that much power... I mean %+++... I loved my mom's XC70... personally wagon V > coupe V...

You sir... are forever given a golden pass in my book... that wagon is my realistic dream car... just something bout wagons with that much power... I mean %+++... I loved my mom's XC70... personally wagon V > coupe V...

I've always wanted a super-wagon just for the sleeper performance aspect of it.

Imagine pulling up to a stop light in an Audi RS6 wagon or a CTS-V wagon, lower the window and glance at the boy racers next to you, give them a head nod... race is on, next thing you know you're laying out rubber with a supercharged V8 or Lambo V10 under the hood... forever styling on unsuspecting fools
pimp.gif

I've always wanted a super-wagon just for the sleeper performance aspect of it.

Imagine pulling up to a stop light in an Audi RS6 wagon or a CTS-V wagon, lower the window and glance at the boy racers next to you, give them a head nod... race is on, next thing you know you're laying out rubber with a supercharged V8 or Lambo V10 under the hood... forever styling on unsuspecting fools
pimp.gif

I do imagine this almost daily... was never an RS6 fan... had the Lamborghini engine but it was way to detuned... M5 wagon or E63 wagon all day... although the new FF looks fantastic even if not a real wagon...

My first car was a 1988 Ford Aerostar.

I have no issues driving a minivan in the future if I had kids and stuff, but it wouldnt be my first choice. I'm hoping that my next car will be a 5 series wagon. God willing I wont have to make that decision anytime soon. I need to get another 10 years out of my car so I can save some cash up with no car payments.

I doubt dudes with kids care about their masculinity at that point in their life. Besides, you can always cop a weekend whip for when you and the baby moms wanna leave the kids to granny for the weekend while ya'll go out in your BMW/Benz/Corvette.

My friend whips a minivan. Awesome for hot boxing and going on road trips with friends. He never gets tickets either and definitely pulls his fair share of woman.

Back
Top Bottom