Minivans are Masculinity Killers No?

Originally Posted by DimesLikeHefner

Only HellaFlush 
pimp.gif

25i9r0g.jpg

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

So whatever practicality you gained from owning a minivan you threw out the window cause the car scrapes the ground whenever it moves
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Crispy Cream

They're family vehicles, so I don't see the issue.
This right here....plus, you'd be amazed at how far along these minivans have come....
they got some fresh stuff (for families).....
also, if I was a teenager again, I'd want to drive a minivan because quite frankly, cops naturally assume you're a family man when you're driving a minivan.....
that equates to getting away with a lot more stuff on the road than a dropped SUV on 22's with tinted windows....
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by CelticsPride34

I do imagine this almost daily... was never an RS6 fan... had the Lamborghini engine but it was way to detuned... M5 wagon or E63 wagon all day... although the new FF looks fantastic even if not a real wagon...

Given the choice now, if I had that kind of money I'd actually buy a murdered out Porsche Panamera Turbo (used). Fastest production sedan in the world
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DimesLikeHefner

Only HellaFlush 
pimp.gif

4vr2vo.jpg

2utkima.jpg

2nqfwb4.jpg

25i9r0g.jpg

for the amount of money someone spent to do this, they could have bought something else that doesn't look as stupid. 

Originally Posted by Crispy Cream

They're family vehicles, so I don't see the issue.

That is the heart of it. There is also the fact that having a family means that unless you are very wealthy, your standard of living will fall in terms of how much disposable income you have (formula, diapers, more food, day care all add up quickly and they only get more expensive as they get ytaste for video games and fast food and then a car and then even more fast food and they get even more expensive if they want to go to college), in terms of how much free time you have, how much sleep that you will get and in terms of your choices in what you can own and buy. Just as you should refrain from buying sharp decorative items, your ultra macho, bachelor vehicles might have to go or at least be put aside in favor of something that is used by families because they work. You cannot really have ease of transportation for the baby in a sports car or a big raised truck or monstrous SUV. The reason is that it is illegal to strap the little one to the top of a two seater and it is impractical to put the strollers and everything else,that usually has to be carried, at all times, when you have an infant in your care.

Originally Posted by H Connect

Originally Posted by Type X

Originally Posted by H Connect

dudes talking about car seats and strollers etc. I get that minivans have removable seats and you can slide a door with a touch of a button...but in all honesty how much more difficult is it to throw a stroller or a car seat in an SUV? I've full on moved furniture, fishing/camping gear, anything and everything in the garden department of Lowes, etc in my SUV with relative ease and plenty of space...I don't see how 2 kids and a few strollers would be any different honestly.
Furniture/fishing gear or rakes don't cry, yell, fight & crap on you.

indifferent.gif
what exactly does that have to do with making minivans more practical than SUVs when it comes to capacity, seating, storage, etc?
like i said before... tahoe, escalades 3rd row seats dont fold flat.. that right there takes up a lot of room... can you compare suv to minivans with storage and capacity sure.. but minivans make life easier with kids and thats the point some people dont understand... i have a sedan and a MDX... i had a odyssey rental and i can tell you that it made my life a lot easier for the week that i had it.. like i said before 95% of you NTers can argue all you want but if you dont have kids then you will never know what its like..

I think part of the benefit to a mini-van versus an SUV is that with the mini-van the clearance is lower so it's easier to get in and out of and to load stuff in and out, plus the entrances are bigger.

Ive been an Odyssey owner since my second child was born. Had the 2004 EX with RES and now the 2010 EX leather with RES. To me, nothing beats the feeling of knowing that my family is travelling in the most comfortable way possible. Road trips? Forget it. Buddies that caravan with us in their Infiniti sedans and Ex series all wish they left their cars at home and caught a ride with us. Also, I don't think I can ever give up the auto sliding doors. Let me get this straight, I buy a so called luxury vehicle but now I have to open doors? Preposterous.

Originally Posted by acp7399

Ive been an Odyssey owner since my second child was born. Had the 2004 EX with RES and now the 2010 EX leather with RES. To me, nothing beats the feeling of knowing that my family is travelling in the most comfortable way possible. Road trips? Forget it. Buddies that caravan with us in their Infiniti sedans and Ex series all wish they left their cars at home and caught a ride with us. Also, I don't think I can ever give up the auto sliding doors. Let me get this straight, I buy a so called luxury vehicle but now I have to open doors? Preposterous.
laugh.gif
.. trust.. when i picked up my kids in the minivan.. no needs to help them up in there.. i just pressed the button and they jump in.. the mdx is not a large SUV and my kids still have to take their time to get in there.. or i would jump out and give them a lift..

I guess I'm simply not understanding how an SUV being raised an extra few inches off the ground prevents me from throwing in kids, car seats, strollers etc.  It's also almost standard now that most SUVs have rear seats that fold down for additional storage etc.  Plenty of parents in my community with 2-3 kids riding in everything from Jeep Grand Cherokees to Suburbans just fine.  (I live in a younger community if that matters, but I see way more SUVs than vans by far)  If you are looking at it from an economical point though...well I did note that in the original post. 

I got a kid on the way and didn't want an SUV so I went with an A6 Avant.

I love me some Euro wagons.

GM Wagons>SUVs>ManVans>MiniVans

32995590239_large.jpg

customCapricewagon_4.jpg

1991_Chevrolet_Caprice_2.jpg

23634354769795862309wz9.jpg

customCapricewagon_3.jpg

Not a GM but these 300s are pretty nice.
2006-startech-chrysler-30_460x0w.jpg

D3-Cadillac-CTS-V-Wagon-Pivture.jpg

2011-cadillac-cts-v-black-diamond-wagon-1.jpg

2011-Cadillac-CTS-V-Sport-Wagon-Black-Diamond-Edition-side-view.jpg
2011-cadillac-CTS-V-coupe-black-diamond-edition-rear.jpg

An SS version of this camero would be
pimp.gif
chevy_camaro_sb.jpg

Come at me BRUH!!!
matt-farah-cadillac-cts-v-wagon.jpg

Originally Posted by scshift

I do imagine this almost daily... was never an RS6 fan... had the Lamborghini engine but it was way to detuned... M5 wagon or E63 wagon all day... although the new FF looks fantastic even if not a real wagon...

Given the choice now, if I had that kind of money I'd actually buy a murdered out Porsche Panamera Turbo (used). Fastest production sedan in the world
pimp.gif

Me and my boy had this discussion last night... if we were to get 1 car to drive everyday for 3 years... I was stuck between an S65 AMG or a Panamera Turbo S... he said a SLS and screw practicality...

Me and my boy had this discussion last night... if we were to get 1 car to drive everyday for 3 years... I was stuck between an S65 AMG or a Panamera Turbo S... he said a SLS and screw practicality...

Oh whoa we're talking 1 car for the rest of my life?

Screw practicality, screw fuel economy and screw everything else, I'm driving a Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera
laugh.gif

interesting topic. we have 3 kids, and wifey has a black mdx. she has always had the no minivan mindset, and likes SUV's. with 3 kids, 6/3/3months, the MDX works, but of course a minivan would be easier. she has been lightly considering an oddessy, but really wants another mdx, but pearl white this time. would i refuse to drive a minivan? of course not. would i drive a minivan as a daily driver, no way.
I like wagons, I came very close to buying a magnum srt8 in its last model year, and met with the fleet manager to go over credit union pricing, but ended up waiting for the camaro to come out.
I would like to get a cts-v wagon in the future, certified pre-owned, black diamond if i can find one.

Originally Posted by scshift

Oh whoa we're talking 1 car for the rest of my life?

Screw practicality, screw fuel economy and screw everything else, I'm driving a Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera
laugh.gif

Not the Aventador? I mean the Gallardo is nice, nut why not the big boy...And not for the rest of our lives... just 3 years... get as many as you want afterwards... the more I think it'd definitely be the Turbo S for me... I mean a four door Porsche that does almost 2bills... ill take mine in white please...

Not the Aventador? I mean the Gallardo is nice, nut why not the big boy...And not for the rest of our lives... just 3 years... get as many as you want afterwards... the more I think it'd definitely be the Turbo S for me... I mean a four door Porsche that does almost 2bills... ill take mine in white please...

I love the Aventador and the Murcielago LP640 but I'd only own them if I had another car which was more practical. I know I sound contradictory because I want a Lambo as my only car, but the Gallardo is much easier to deal with than the Murcielago and I'm sure the Aventador.

It's mainly the size of those 2 that really throw me off. They're so big that it's almost impossible to park. Of course, I love the LP640 but I'd only own one if I had a backup car. The Superleggera is perfection for the Gallardo line... give me one in dark grey (Grigio Antares), with a black alcantara interior and I'm good.

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

Minivans 
grin.gif

I'll just cop a yukon xl and give the wife a cts v wagon. 

Now why would you want a Yukon over a CTS-V wagon?
laugh.gif

idk man, i'd whip around in a minivan np

they mad comfy, can carry everything, and are dirt cheap.

so you got more comfortable, more practical, and more economical; the question is why not? you already wifed up. now if i had to give up my sports car and DD the minivan, that's another question...

Back
Top Bottom