misconceptions about your city

Calgary (Canada in general)
- Unless from the Maritimes/East Coast, most Canadians (if not all) don't say 'Eh'. I actually only hear that dumb phrase from Americans who try and make fun of us. :smh:
- We are ethically diverse from black, asian, indian, eastern european etc.
- We are a very wealthy city. If I can compare my city to anything, it is a combination of Seattle and Houston.
- Not all of us watch and play hockey (although I do)
- We are not flannel wearing lumberjacks.
- We don't keep polar bears as pets (this question was asked prior to the 2010 Vancouver Olympics)
- We don't ride horses for transportation or live in igloos (another question asked)
- We are just like any other city in the US
- It doesn't snow here all the time
- We aren't the nicest people in the world. We have alot of douchebags.

I stay meeting Canadian chicks in Vegas and they usually don't appreciate the "Eh?"

prosp_6283_1.jpg

This is in Brooklyn... People swear that its some kinda gigantic Building here.

Miami -

The heat do not play in South Beach. Ever since lebron said that line that's where the media always seems to associate stuff with down here.

Speaking of broward/pbc people something that would always make me :lol: was asking where they were from when I was up in college @ fsu. They would always say Miami but then when you asked what part they'd say Davie, Boca, ft lauderdale, etc. like c'mon that is not miami

What about all of Jersey?! People get off the plane in Newark Airport and assume all of Jersey is a dirty factory. Haha!! It's a beautiful CLEAN state! Studies have shown that we have some of the best air quality in the US.

http://money.cnn.com/magazines/moneymag/bplive/2011/top25s/qualitylife/cleanair.html

And no one has an accent and says "Joy-zee". I haven't ever heard that in person but on TV shows its a common stereotype.
And all these MTV Jersey shore guys are from other states!! Don't get me wrong they have "converted" many impressionable youngsters around here but leave Belmar beach and the rest of the Jersey shore is a great family vacationing spot.

Virginia =/= Southern redneck territory.
cmon....outside of the tide water and nova region it is

most of the super redneck spots in NC are the rural areas.....city areas isn't like that at all.....

NC is laid back

you experience every season the right way imo (even though winters have been pretty warm recently)

women are 
smokin.gif
 in Greensboro, Charlotte, Coastal, and Raleigh/Durham area

unemployment is pretty high here 

Last edited:
SOUTH CAROLINA

Redneck mecca
Backwards
Cousins kissin cousins
Biggest meth producer in america
The "bathsalt" carter
The bible buckle

All true.
laugh.gif
 SC is the dumps......hate when people try to tie NC in w/ them....I wouldn't live in any city down there

Miami -

The heat do not play in South Beach. Ever since lebron said that line that's where the media always seems to associate stuff with down here.

Speaking of broward/pbc people something that would always make me :lol: was asking where they were from when I was up in college @ fsu. They would always say Miami but then when you asked what part they'd say Davie, Boca, ft lauderdale, etc. like c'mon that is not miami

dude the heat arena is on the bay , next to bayside , its in downtown but its right at the 395 to get into south beach ....you can see government cut and sb from the arena , its close enough if you ask me , i cant wait to land this new job , im gonna get one of those condos right by the AAA

New Orleans:

The stuff you see on TV, it's true for the most part. Party scene is intense. Lot of clubs. 

Mardi Gras, Festivals, Attractions.. etc... always something to do.

Weather is great in the fall/spring.. HOT AS HELL in the summer. This is the south for real.. HUMID!

Super sports town. We take sports serious: Saints, Pelicans, LSU, Tulane, High Schools. The rivalries are intense.

The hood is NEVER too far away. If you take a wrong turn.... yeah....

The good neighborhoods are great. The bad neighborhoods are BAD.

Crime is a problem, but blame our horrible police.

City isn't too big, but it isn't too small. We're passionate about ours.. 

I love my city.. 
pimp.gif

New Orleans:

The stuff you see on TV, it's true for the most part. Party scene is intense. Lot of clubs. 
Weather is great in the fall/spring.. HOT AS HELL in the summer. This is the south for real.. HUMID!
Super sports town. We take sports serious: Saints, Pelicans, LSU, Tulane, High Schools. The rivalries are intense.

I love my city.. :pimp:

also haunted as **** :lol: jk

went to the N.O a little over a month ago, you guys dont stop partying on bourbon st! :nthat:

a lot of bad females too! i got love for the N.O ever since that trip

Miami -

dude the heat arena is on the bay , next to bayside , its in downtown but its right at the 395 to get into south beach ....you can see government cut and sb from the arena , its close enough if you ask me , i cant wait to land this new job , im gonna get one of those condos right by the AAA
dude I know where it is lol and regardless it's not south beach which was my point. Miami beach is its own "island" and no one associates downtown, where the arena is, with south beach. They make it seem like the heat play on 7t n ocean

But I agree on those sick condos, a nice place there or a dope condo in brickell would be :pimp:

New Orleans:

I love my city.. 
pimp.gif
also haunted as ****
laugh.gif
jk

went to the N.O a little over a month ago, you guys dont stop partying on bourbon st!
nthat.gif

a lot of bad females too! i got love for the N.O ever since that trip
Shiiid, I think it is 
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

We are about to be neighbors then! I should be getting a condo in Midtown/Brickell/ Downtown pretty soon.

Back
Top Bottom