misconceptions about your city

MIAMI

everyone thinks miami summers are 
pimp.gif

but honestly its ALOT of rain , hurricane season , mosquitos and its 90 degrees with humidity so its musty

best time in miami BY FAR november-march ....barely any clouds , breezy and mid 60-70's alot of the time

LA

That you'll see celebrities all the time. Only in certain areas.

That everyone is fake or wanna be actress. Again only in certain areas, most ppl are regular folks like any other city

Orlando.

That its all Disney and that's it. We've got a great (but small) downtown that pops the eff off. Sunday Funday in Orlando is wild :pimp:.

LA

That everyone is fake or wanna be actress. Again only in certain areas, most ppl are regular folks like any other city
arent like 90 percent like in a either runyon canyon exercising or sunset strip or rodeo drive

thats a small area considering how big the city is

That NYC has no houses and backyards. People actually believe this.

LA

That's good to know. I had that misconception.

I guess it depends on what scene you're trying to fit into. I think some people go out there and try to fit in that scene and get rejected/cant keep up and get mad and just go off on that scene alone when it's not a real representation of the place as a whole. They're the vocal minority. Makes sense.

Last edited:
Detroit...
to keep it simple don't believe everything u see on tv/internet. All those poverty pics are small lil neighborhoods, they dont show the good side.

Detroit...
to keep it simple don't believe everything u see on tv/internet. All those poverty pics are small lil neighborhoods, they dont show the good side.

okay, ive always wondered this.. because everyone that talks about it or has gone to the city says its all bad.

im like, is there really no good or decent area in detroit?

good to know now.

Everything you've heard about San Diego is true. We have the best weather and women and is the best place to live in America.

Philadelphia

The hood is bad yea, but if you chill downtown the crime isn't even a problem

I always wondered about Detroit.

Atlanta.

Yes, it seems to be an influx of homosexuals, but to be honest, they keep to themselves. Plus, from what I've seen, they tend to congregate in different hubs around the city. For the most part, they seem to have gotten tired of being ridiculed by the masses, so they've become recluse and stick to their own crowd. In my experience living in Atlanta, they only "try you" if you give them reason to. If you treat them like any other person on the street and not make it a point to acknowledge their gayness, you've got nothing to worry about.

Other than that, the ******* are indeed bad as all ***** in this city. You can see a classy joint with high hopes, aspirations and a good head on her shoulders walk by, followed by the most beautifully ratchet joint wearing them shorts that show all of her thighs, thus revealing the tattoo that proves without a doubt that the ***** is indeed part cheetah.

I don't know any about Minneapolis so I have nothing to defend.

Op is right. Fl summers suck. Especially inland it's hotter. :x I used to spend my summers between ft Myers and Jacksonville.

I always wondered about Detroit.

Atlanta.

Yes, it seems to be an influx of homosexuals, but to be honest, they keep to themselves. Plus, from what I've seen, they tend to congregate in different hubs around the city. For the most part, they seem to have gotten tired of being ridiculed by the masses, so they've become recluse and stick to their own crowd. In my experience living in Atlanta, they only "try you" if you give them reason to. If you treat them like any other person on the street and not make it a point to acknowledge their gayness, you've got nothing to worry about.

Other than that, the ******* are indeed bad as all ***** in this city. You can see a classy joint with high hopes, aspirations and a good head on her shoulders walk by, followed by the most beautifully ratchet joint wearing them shorts that show all of her thighs, thus revealing the tattoo that proves without a doubt that the ***** is indeed part cheetah.

:lol: :smokin

I approve of this message.

Detroit

Most ppl are very Materialistic...VERY
City is not in ruins, there are very nice neighborhoods
Kwame was a good _ and got rail roaded
8 mile is not "dangerous"
Hardcore Pawn is fake
Nobody wears Cartier classes anymore
Bad ******* but believe me, they cost

DC...well yea, even the locals are overly political about everything. And mumbo sauce and five guys are not the be all end all.

Cuz the wire was so popular people always ask me is baltimore like the TV show. To some extent yeah in certain areas but the majority of baltimore isn't like that

MIlwaukee

When I tell people I'm from Milwaukee when I'm out of WI, I get one reaction mostly...

"They have black people in Wisconsin?"

:lol:

From the census.

People QuickFacts Milwaukee Wisconsin
Population, 2012 estimate 598,916 5,726,398
Population, 2010 (April 1) estimates base 594,740 5,686,986
Population, percent change, April 1, 2010 to July 1, 2012 0.7% 0.7%
Population, 2010 594,833 5,686,986
Persons under 5 years, percent, 2010 8.2% 6.3%
Persons under 18 years, percent, 2010 27.1% 23.6%
Persons 65 years and over, percent, 2010 8.9% 13.7%
Female persons, percent, 2010 51.8% 50.4%