MJ in adidas.

Can somebody explain this pic?
Never seen it before, where was it, why is he wearing adidas?

my best educated guess is that the pic is from the US Olympic trials prior to his signing of his Nike contract and before setting foot in the NBA.

Originally Posted by 2Nick3

laugh.gif

Some people get shocked when they see an old pic of MJ in high school, or the Olympic games, wearing something other than Nike.

MJ favored adidas before he entered the league, in fact, we all know that if it wasn't for Nike offering him his own signature line, he would have signedwith adidas in a hearbeat.

Originally Posted by WickedxCL

my best educated guess is that the pic is from the US Olympic trials prior to his signing of his Nike contract and before setting foot in the NBA.

I would say you are correct.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

laugh.gif

Some people get shocked when they see an old pic of MJ in high school, or the Olympic games, wearing something other than Nike.

MJ favored adidas before he entered the league, in fact, we all know that if it wasn't for Nike offering him his own signature line, he would have signed with adidas in a hearbeat.
yeah he didnt like nike at all he almost didnt even go to the interview for nike

Originally Posted by airjordan7237

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

laugh.gif

MJ favored adidas before he entered the league, in fact, we all know that if it wasn't for Nike offering him his own signature line, he would have signed with adidas in a hearbeat.
yeah he didnt like nike at all he almost didnt even go to the interview for nike

and if it wasnt for Jordan, Nike would not be as successful as it is today.

i have to disagree with frenchblue23: (AND I MAY BE WRONG). but previously i remember reading that jordan favoured CONVERSE. i think he is wearing them whilehe takes the shot at UNC. i think when asked if he would have signed between nike and adidas he said he favoured adidas because at the time it probably had agreater fan base. once again this is totally off memory....

he did wear adidas and he was going to sign to adidas the same day he signed with nike luckily his dad made him change his mind and sign with nike!!

yeah so to sum up no one has any info on this pic...we are all just talking about pre nike days in which jordan was about to sign with adidas...he wore cons incollege as far as pics of those days...in the 84 olympics i'm almost positive he wore converse before entering the nba...would love for someone to givebackground info on this pic going back to the original post

if those r what im thinkin of....then i got that shoe in the knicks color way!
$40!!!

Originally Posted by Rafool

You know he also wore Converse right?

wasn't the original idea of the DMP was to include the Converse shoe he wore when UNC won the 84 NCAA championship?

Back
Top Bottom