MLB 09 The Show appreciation

just bought this yesterday.

i don't know why i didn't buy it earlier.

a must buy for any baseball fan. i loved MVP baseball by EA back when they made MLB games but this blows anything EA ever did baseball-wise out of the water inmy opinion..

text me lol
979 530 3134
laugh.gif

this game is pretty fun...still learning how to hit, though..

ayo, anyone down to do a online league? Draft our teams??
pimp.gif

or if you wanna play get at me: rns007

giants all day.

- I only have the demo so far...
eyes.gif

- But, I'm definitely picking this up, I have very few complainant's.

- Go Phillies!!!!
nerd.gif

I need to get this, I don't follow baseball all that much, but I also heard from other people this game is good.

Love this game, love pitching as Johan Santana. But seriously....I cannot hit a ball for !$!+. Never hit a homer, and I seem to be hitting with the mostunexpected players. (Fernando Tatis, Dion Navarro?) I am starting to think its impossible.

^ I thought I was the only one that had trouble hitting... I suck a reading the pitches, especially timing the breaking/off-speed stuff... play around with thesliders...

Not being able to hit my spots when pitching, despite getting the release point perfect, is also kinda irritating...

But I'm just nitpicking... its an awesome game.

I love this game. Best graphics of any sports game. The lighting is beautiful.

It definitely takes some time to get used to hitting this year from last year. My timing is off so I swing early most of the time. I had to change thedifficulty to a level below because I wasn't scoring any runs. It's good the game is challenging though; I hate games that are too easy.

People should download the demo even if they don't like baseball. I don't even follow baseball anymore but this game is addicting as hell.

We are gonna be making a league soon, I'll make a thread when we are ready to start picking teams, Mets fans need not apply.
pimp.gif
Beltran is a beast. Hitfor the H.R cycle against a NT last night. Beltran had 10 rbi's

Originally Posted by JP310

I wish they had this for Xbox 360

Please save the console war comments to yourself
laugh.gif

all console war comments aside, why dont u just buy a ps3 so u can play the best baseball game on the market

Forget hitting I suck at base running
laugh.gif
. I read the manual and still can't do it right.

Originally Posted by RKO2004

laugh.gif

Put it on classic controls it is so much easier....

And if you are having trouble hitting then lower the difficulty a little bit....Get the timing down....Remember they tried to make it realistic too, so whenyou are playing the computer you can't expect 10+ runs every game
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by jrp44

laugh.gif

And if you are having trouble hitting then lower the difficulty a little bit....Get the timing down....Remember they tried to make it realistic too, so when you are playing the computer you can't expect 10+ runs every game
laugh.gif
Classic huh? I thought about it but I was trying to stick to the new one but screw that. I missed out on so many runs doubles and triples
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SnkrFrk

We are gonna be making a league soon, I'll make a thread when we are ready to start picking teams, Mets fans need not apply.
pimp.gif
Beltran is a beast. Hit for the H.R cycle against a NT last night. Beltran had 10 rbi's

can't wait for that league...keep us posted
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by jrp44

laugh.gif

And if you are having trouble hitting then lower the difficulty a little bit....Get the timing down....Remember they tried to make it realistic too, so when you are playing the computer you can't expect 10+ runs every game
laugh.gif
Classic huh? I thought about it but I was trying to stick to the new one but screw that. I missed out on so many runs doubles and triples
laugh.gif
I'll explain both....

Classic....
Say you got a dude on first and get a hit and want to advance him to 3rd....when you first get the hit.....press O to control the runner on frist and then hitleft on the d-pad to advance him to third base

New....
Same situation.....when you get the hit....press the right analog stick to the right(to control 1st base runner) then hit [] to advance him to third

Back
Top Bottom