***MLB Feet and Equipment 2013***NEW THREAD

Anyone know what type of undershirt this is? The old school O's logo looks pretty sweet

View media item 433912

My hunch is that it is a custom UA undershirt.
He wore something similar but it wasn't an undershirt but a batting shirt. I don't know who has the actual license to put team logos on undershirts but I guess UA found a loop in which this is an older logo and not the official team logo that you see on the Nike undershirts.

View media item 434009

seattle-mariners-v-san-diego-20130530-224214-631.jpg

i got a question maybe the college players on here can help me out with. watching the cws regionals i see lots of fields are the field truf(artifical grass and dirt)...there seems to be way more than i thought there were ive hardly seen anyone play on real grass and dirt yet. whats it like playing on that surface,had anyone played on it before?whats it like sliding and stuff like that?...also can you wear metal spikes on those kind of fields??the reason i ask is cause i might play on a field like that in my summer league...any input would be awesome...thanks guys

I haven't played on any personally but I've coached on a few of them and just from observing I can tell you that the infields appear faster (ball doesn't slow down much on ground balls.) It's obv nicer as far as getting good clean bounces for fielding as well. Players wear metal cleats on them in my experience and it looks to me that players slide further (you sort of glide on top of it when you slide...don't really slow down as fast) on the couple of fields I've seen.

My high school team has played on many turf fields and my only advice is to slide a little earlier than normal. And also the ball tends to travel faster when it's hit on the ground and it bounces higher too.

Playing on turf is not as enjoyable for a 3rd basemen like me, for this reason!

Last edited:
i concur with what nikesource says.  i have played on them quite a bit here in nor cal.  outside of the annoying ground up rubber that seems to get into your shoes and socks its not bad.  i might add a few things like.. if you are playing anywhere in hot temperatures,  i promise you its always 10 degrees warmer on the turf ie.. 90 degree weather.. 100 degrees on the turf.  upside is that you never have to clean your cleats! 

if your an infielder,  the hops may seem to perfect which throws some guys off.  sliding = rug burn unless they have dirt carve outs around the bases.  i would recommend wearing spikes.  you may get sniped a few times and fall on your face though.  i have tried playing in turfs on turf and it feels weird in the box and i cant hit the corners and turn on the bases without feeling like im going to eat it.  

i prefer regular fields over turf but less maintenance and if it rains that day you are probably still playing.  also to nikesoures's point.. the ball travels well on the turf , less friction i suppose.. so your going to get more hits.. maybe raise that BA by a few points.  

I think it's a cleated version of the Trunner Dominate Pro. I can't be positive because there are a few differences that come with having a different midsole than the trainer, but the heel counter and toe area look like it. For what it's worth, the trainers are beautiful in my opinion.

To the guy that plays for San Diego on here, those blue camo uniforms are sick!

Thanks man! They're by far our favorite jerseys. The crazy part is they were only supposed to be worn once for a military appreciation day then auctioned off. We had to talk our equipment manager into keeping them for us.

I think it's a cleated version of the Trunner Dominate Pro. I can't be positive because there are a few differences that come with having a different midsole than the trainer, but the heel counter and toe area look like it. For what it's worth, the trainers are beautiful in my opinion.
I'm fairly positive you're right, thanks! By the way-- MHS isn't Monticello, is it?

Thanks man! They're by far our favorite jerseys. The crazy part is they were only supposed to be worn once for a military appreciation day then auctioned off. We had to talk our equipment manager into keeping them for us.
Oh I see. Lol. Either way they're too dopee, hope to see you guys wearing them alot more next year.

Back
Top Bottom