***MLB Feet and Equipment 2013***NEW THREAD

Anyone know what the difference is between the evoshield baseball wrist guard (mold one) and the lax slash guards besides getting two for the price of 1?

you are clearly blind as the person who was pointed out for selling something was selling nike vapor cleats which are still available basically everywhere. you ruin the thread
Can you not read what I said at the end of my statement, I'm practically saying That it doesn't bother me to see someone selling something on the thread, only if its a rare item or some type of PE.. We can all see that the person was trying to sell a GR item that can be found at a local sports authority ..

Markyd
But first, here are a few POSTING GUIDELINES that would help keep this thread running smoothly (updated 5/11/08):
1) The main purpose of this thread is for news and pics regarding
MLB PLAYER EXCLUSIVE cleats, and NEW MODELS of cleats.

2) If something's been posted before--especially the stuff that's been around for a while--we don't need to see it again unless you've got a pic that shows a new, unique angle or a close-up view. Examples would be Manny Ramirez's 5-Tool PE's, Ryan Howard's adidas PE's, and most Huarache cleats that have been discussed ad nauseum.

3) Posting pics of other new equipment and customized gear is cool too (i.e. batting gloves, fielding gloves, etc.), but only post them if the gear is hot, quirky, or unique in general.

4) If you've got some ID's, MLB game worn cleats, or UNIQUE baseball footwear in your own collection, that's fair game... but please don't post pics of stuff that everyone's seen before. Examples of this would be your standard black 2K4's off Eastbay that have been around for years.

5) The Easton guys (kweimer1 and Fomerly Scarface81) are awesome and have made some incredible contributions to this thread--so please, you two... say whatever you want! But everyone else... please don't ask them for free hook-ups, and just PM them if you've got personal questions for them that don't pertain to everyone else.

I'm not trying to be a total dictator or anything... it'd just be nice to keep this thread from getting diluted. This has turned into one of the best baseball-related threads on NT so let's try to maintain the quality.

Tulo and Cargo definitely have some of the nicest cleats and bgs in the show! The rockies colors definitely keep their gear fresh and different.

laugh.gif
Boy, I tell ya...  
mean.gif

Last edited:
Not sure if it has been posted but eastbay has the "pe" Nike batting gloves on sale for 24.99. Picked up the tulo pair for 33 shipped. They also have the Mauer and Cano ones

Ok well that makes it official. I guess he's done with Nike, that's a shame. He had some awesome PE's.

Oh and still stuck on Evan. He definitely made the switch because his shades are not Nike now either and he was literally wearing Show X-2's just a month ago. And the NB logo showing loud and proud now, not blacked out.

I saw him in person last night and i'm almost positive one of the bullpen pitchers was wearing Evans old shox gamer PE's

EDIT- I think Jake McGee had Longoria's cleats on. If not, they are very similar

Last edited:
I recently decided to try a project where I would use a flexible latex paint to color the swooshes on a pair of my batting gloves. I never really am satisfied with retail bg's and so I scour eBay for PE and game issue gloves. I used a krylon gloss latex enamel from Walmart and the odd thing is that the paint applies like a very thin liquid and does not brush on, rather it settles in a spot where it won't move and it will dry there, so I used this years nike diamond elites because the swoosh is a rubber one that is sewn on and the way the rubber was molded almost serves as a reservoir for the paint to sit in and dry on. The paint dries flexibly so it stays on when you grip a bat. Here are some pics:
Before
View media item 549045
During
View media item 549046
After
View media item 549047
View media item 549050
Unfortunately I did not execute this perfectly because the gloves have been used before so the swooshes are slightly bent and do not lay perfectly flat so the paint dries a little unevenly I did my best to get the swooshes to be flat by putting colored pencil boxes inside the gloves to stretch them over a flat surface but the swooshes we're still a little bit bent. I also applied a little too much paint which led to uneven texture and extra gloss as seen in these pictures View media item 549051
View media item 549125
My next attempt is to try this with royal blue paint on a pair of the same batting gloves in the all white colorway.

Last edited:
Joe I like the custom job, those look nice. AJ got some swag that's for sure. They look like Brian Robert's all-orange Diamond Elite Pros a bit too.

I recently decided to try a project where I would use a flexible latex paint to color the swooshes on a pair of my batting gloves. I never really am satisfied with retail bg's and so I scour eBay for PE and game issue gloves. I used a krylon gloss latex enamel from Walmart and the odd thing is that the paint applies like a very thin liquid and does not brush on, rather it settles in a spot where it won't move and it will dry there, so I used this years nike diamond elites because the swoosh is a rubber one that is sewn on and the way the rubber was molded almost serves as a reservoir for the paint to sit in and dry on. The paint dries flexibly so it stays on when you grip a bat. Here are some pics:
Before
View media item 549045
During
View media item 549046
After
View media item 549047
View media item 549050
Unfortunately I did not execute this perfectly because the gloves have been used before so the swooshes are slightly bent and do not lay perfectly flat so the paint dries a little unevenly I did my best to get the swooshes to be flat by putting colored pencil boxes inside the gloves to stretch them over a flat surface but the swooshes we're still a little bit bent. I also applied a little too much paint which led to uneven texture and extra gloss as seen in these pictures View media item 549051
View media item 549125
My next attempt is to try this with royal blue paint on a pair of the same batting gloves in the all white colorway.

dude you beat me to this idea! lol my girlfriend is a pro painter n I was gonna have her "customize" some of my BGs. we are still deciding what type of paint to use. this is what we have to do since nike doesn't wanna ID their BGs, how sick would that be! anyways, it looks like you did a decent job, pretty good for a first time and thank you for the info on what type of paint!! please keep us posted on your second pair!

Back
Top Bottom