***MLB Feet and Equipment 2013***NEW THREAD

I recently decided to try a project where I would use a flexible latex paint to color the swooshes on a pair of my batting gloves. I never really am satisfied with retail bg's and so I scour eBay for PE and game issue gloves. I used a krylon gloss latex enamel from Walmart and the odd thing is that the paint applies like a very thin liquid and does not brush on, rather it settles in a spot where it won't move and it will dry there, so I used this years nike diamond elites because the swoosh is a rubber one that is sewn on and the way the rubber was molded almost serves as a reservoir for the paint to sit in and dry on. The paint dries flexibly so it stays on when you grip a bat. Here are some pics:
Before
View media item 549045
During
View media item 549046
After
View media item 549047
View media item 549050
Unfortunately I did not execute this perfectly because the gloves have been used before so the swooshes are slightly bent and do not lay perfectly flat so the paint dries a little unevenly I did my best to get the swooshes to be flat by putting colored pencil boxes inside the gloves to stretch them over a flat surface but the swooshes we're still a little bit bent. I also applied a little too much paint which led to uneven texture and extra gloss as seen in these pictures View media item 549051
View media item 549125
My next attempt is to try this with royal blue paint on a pair of the same batting gloves in the all white colorway.

dude you beat me to this idea! lol my girlfriend is a pro painter n I was gonna have her "customize" some of my BGs. we are still deciding what type of paint to use. this is what we have to do since nike doesn't wanna ID their BGs, how sick would that be! anyways, it looks like you did a decent job, pretty good for a first time and thank you for the info on what type of paint!! please keep us posted on your second pair!

Came out nice man! it would've been nice if you colored the strap letters that color too. 

Last edited:
that turned out really good - nice work.

I colored my green sphere's with yellow a while back - worked out pretty well with just a sharpie - but the swoosh was embroidered so it was pretty easy.

View media item 549895

It kinda looks that way to me doogie. BTW, Nike Vision still has Longoria on their site, I am sure that will be taken down soon.....

I recently decided to try a project where I would use a flexible latex paint to color the swooshes on a pair of my batting gloves. I never really am satisfied with retail bg's and so I scour eBay for PE and game issue gloves. I used a krylon gloss latex enamel from Walmart and the odd thing is that the paint applies like a very thin liquid and does not brush on, rather it settles in a spot where it won't move and it will dry there, so I used this years nike diamond elites because the swoosh is a rubber one that is sewn on and the way the rubber was molded almost serves as a reservoir for the paint to sit in and dry on. The paint dries flexibly so it stays on when you grip a bat. Here are some pics:
Before

During

After

Unfortunately I did not execute this perfectly because the gloves have been used before so the swooshes are slightly bent and do not lay perfectly flat so the paint dries a little unevenly I did my best to get the swooshes to be flat by putting colored pencil boxes inside the gloves to stretch them over a flat surface but the swooshes we're still a little bit bent. I also applied a little too much paint which led to uneven texture and extra gloss as seen in these pictures

My next attempt is to try this with royal blue paint on a pair of the same batting gloves in the all white colorway.
those look sick man!! nice work, if its not up close you cant even tell its paint it looks like the adrian gonzalez pe gloves..breezly is right you shud color the strap too but that would be alot harder....put pictures up after theyve been game used for a while, id like to see how they look after a little wear and tear and if the paint chips at all

Before

During

After

Unfortunately I did not execute this perfectly because the gloves have been used before so the swooshes are slightly bent and do not lay perfectly flat so the paint dries a little unevenly I did my best to get the swooshes to be flat by putting colored pencil boxes inside the gloves to stretch them over a flat surface but the swooshes we're still a little bit bent. I also applied a little too much paint which led to uneven texture and extra gloss as seen in these pictures

Dang, now I want to try this. 
happy.gif

any guess if these are the mids or lows? ells used to wear low cut cleats the last couple season as far as I know

^, what are you referring to? Those UA gloves are interesting, I guess the Compfit sleeve is supposed to be an alternative to wraps, ie the Evoshield or Nike guard.

any guess if these are the mids or lows? ells used to wear low cut cleats the last couple season as far as I know
no idea man you can see them a lil better in this one looks like they might be mid.....but do we even know if theyre making low hurraches this year? noones seen any yet right

He wears a brand of sunglasses called Kaenon.  They're popular with golfers and water sports.  Joe Maddon wears them along with his entire coaching staff

i just picked up some of them new mid hurraches from d***s...not used them for anything yet but just for anyone ordering them online they run just about .5-1 size smaller then last years hurraches 

Anyone know how to shrink batting gloves a bit? I got a pair of A-Gons PE's but they're a bit too big. 

Back
Top Bottom