***MLB Feet and Equipment 2014***NEW THREAD

I found the heist slider shorts at Marshall's today. They were 12.99. Only negative is the pads on the knee. I might just cut them off

Postseason is when players start to wear next years cleats. Anyone spot anyone wearing any new cleats?

Postseason is when players start to wear next years cleats. Anyone spot anyone wearing any new cleats?
Can't tell if Hosmer's UA cleats are new, maybe they look different because they're a PE colour way. Everything is royal blue, including the cleat plate.

Anything on the JB Retro 7's? If you check on Peligro Sports NYC page on Instagram, on the pic of them showing the 2015 Mizuno batting gloves. A guy asks them when they're receiving them and they responded in Novemeber. You guys can check it out, it was posted two weeks ago. 

Here we go...

Perhaps this will be this year's World Series Undershirt, The Hyperwarm Vapor. The only thing missing from this is probably the WS Logo on the Team patch on the side
$110? c'mon Nike you are milking this way too much

View media item 1211011View media item 1211020

Also, this little number The Hyperwarm Flex would have been better but I do not think the hand end of it would have been allowed. I don't see players putting that over their hands and on top of that their batting gloves. Nice design but c'mon Nike 150 bucks?

View media item 1211012View media item 1211018

^, I agree prices are so ridiculous for those. NDC has six colors of the Pro Combat Hyperwarm sleeve now, in both long and short sleeve. Black/volt, red/volt, royal/volt, volt/anthracite, navy/volt, and white/volt.

^, I agree prices are so ridiculous for those. NDC has six colors of the Pro Combat Hyperwarm sleeve now, in both long and short sleeve. Black/volt, red/volt, royal/volt, volt/anthracite, navy/volt, and white/volt.

Yeah I saw them and I was like :rolleyes
I thought I heard they are seriously going to go after MLB uniform contract once the Majestic contract expires
Imagine top to bottom Nike, except for the caps

MLB is pretty grassroots compared to the other leagues so it will be tough for them to supplant Majestic but everyone already thinks Nike makes the unis anyway with almost all players wearing the baselayer with the Swoosh on the neck showing under the jersy.

MLB is pretty grassroots compared to the other leagues so it will be tough for them to supplant Majestic but everyone already thinks Nike makes the unis anyway with almost all players wearing the baselayer with the Swoosh on the neck showing under the jersy.

Quick q does Nike have a trademark that only they can put logos in the middle neckline? I don't see other companies doing the same thing.

Does any one happen to know when the majestic contract expires?

In the year 2017.
Quick q does Nike have a trademark that only they can put logos in the middle neckline? I don't see other companies doing the same thing.

Nope, UA has released shirts with their logo in the neckline as well, plus that is not a trademarkable thing that would hold over in court; that would be like saying only Nike could put the Swoosh on say, the front ot the toebox on shoes and UA couldn't.

Last edited:
Nope, UA has released shirts with their logo in the neckline as well, plus that is not a trademarkable thing that would hold over in court; that would be like saying only Nike could put the Swoosh on say, the front ot the toebox on shoes and UA couldn't.

Ok, just surprised that many more companies don't do the same thing. I mean so far Nike does it, UA has some but I haven't seen too many players wear them, NB has a few people but their logo is to the right front chest area.

^, I agree, its a very easy thing to do and talking to multiple store owners of sporting goods, etc. everyone always comes in and asks them for the "Nike Cubs, Yankees, etc" jersey because they just see the Swoosh and assume the whole uniform is made by Nike. I really doubt Nike would get the contract but we shall see in a couple of years if they make a bigtime push for it.

Our local Majestic rep was in our store the other day showing the 2015 line, and we spoke about the MLB contract.

MLB didn't put it up for tender/bid like NFL, NBA, NHL would have. They have already renewed for another 5 years with Majestic.

One of the main reasons he stated was turnaround times - most things are produced in the US. If a player gets traded Majestic can ensure his next jersey will be at the new team waiting for him. (I would think Nike, Rawlings, UA, or whoever else could make that happen pretty easily as well though). Sounds like it was one of those cases where MLB was happy with what they were getting and saw no need for change.

Some of the pieces he had were pretty nice, it was cool to see the materials used for Authentic on field and BP jerseys. The Authentic jerseys use stretch twill numbers and letters, which was interesting as that style of twill is used primarily in football. One really nice piece was a fleece longsleeve with zippers at the elbow, to be worn as SS or LS. They didn't like seeing guys cut the sleeves off their long sleeve crew neck fleece, which of course included cutting off the logo.

The convertible 2 in 1 SS/LS jacket is now gone, they are making a longsleeve jacket, and a new short sleeve (which also has a very nice design). I can attach some pictures from the catalogue.

I kind of had my fingers crossed for a serious bid from Rawlings or Nike. Those two brands are absolutely killing it in College Baseball, lots of teams look amazing these days. V Neck Pullovers need to re-emerge in my opinion, which is slowly happening in college. My team's next set will be V Neck's with thick armbands from Rawlings. (If I could get a custom set from Nike, I would - see Oklahoma State orange).

Majestic keeps churning out jerseys with piping down the middle and to the sleeves. Thin band to the neck if not. Rinse, repeat. Nothing ever changes really.

May have mentioned it, but if anyone in here manages teams or has influence with uniform decisions for their teams, feel free to contact me. The company I work for has access to all the major brands, we do our own sewing, embroidery, sublimation, heat setting, and also offers shipping. Plus, we deal in Canadian dollars, which gives you yankees a better rate. :wink:

Our local Majestic rep was in our store the other day showing the 2015 line, and we spoke about the MLB contract.

MLB didn't put it up for tender/bid like NFL, NBA, NHL would have. They have already renewed for another 5 years with Majestic.

One of the main reasons he stated was turnaround times - most things are produced in the US. If a player gets traded Majestic can ensure his next jersey will be at the new team waiting for him. (I would think Nike, Rawlings, UA, or whoever else could make that happen pretty easily as well though). Sounds like it was one of those cases where MLB was happy with what they were getting and saw no need for change.

Some of the pieces he had were pretty nice, it was cool to see the materials used for Authentic on field and BP jerseys. The Authentic jerseys use stretch twill numbers and letters, which was interesting as that style of twill is used primarily in football. One really nice piece was a fleece longsleeve with zippers at the elbow, to be worn as SS or LS. They didn't like seeing guys cut the sleeves off their long sleeve crew neck fleece, which of course included cutting off the logo.

The convertible 2 in 1 SS/LS jacket is now gone, they are making a longsleeve jacket, and a new short sleeve (which also has a very nice design). I can attach some pictures from the catalogue.

I kind of had my fingers crossed for a serious bid from Rawlings or Nike. Those two brands are absolutely killing it in College Baseball, lots of teams look amazing these days. V Neck Pullovers need to re-emerge in my opinion, which is slowly happening in college. My team's next set will be V Neck's with thick armbands from Rawlings. (If I could get a custom set from Nike, I would - see Oklahoma State orange).

Majestic keeps churning out jerseys with piping down the middle and to the sleeves. Thin band to the neck if not. Rinse, repeat. Nothing ever changes really.

May have mentioned it, but if anyone in here manages teams or has influence with uniform decisions for their teams, feel free to contact me. The company I work for has access to all the major brands, we do our own sewing, embroidery, sublimation, heat setting, and also offers shipping. Plus, we deal in Canadian dollars, which gives you yankees a better rate.
wink.gif
I play JC ball and we're ordering another jersey this year. Coach is letting us sophomores decide what we get. I want a V neck but not many people are for that. They all want camo. Depending on what we get and how he wants to order it I might contact you. I'm the sole team captain so I have a pretty big say in everything we do luckily.

I play JC ball and we're ordering another jersey this year. Coach is letting us sophomores decide what we get. I want a V neck but not many people are for that. They all want camo. Depending on what we get and how he wants to order it I might contact you. I'm the sole team captain so I have a pretty big say in everything we do luckily.

Cool I sent you a PM

If anyone else is interested just shoot me a PM with your email, so this thread can stay on track.

Those Oklahoma State jerseys are crazy. Majestic does branch out a bit on retro jerseys. I can't help but think about Cleveland's throwbacks they wore this year.

Also the White Sox

Royals

Can anyone check pics... Looked like Brandon Crawford may have had the new Air mvp cleats on in a grey/orange Colorway

Ok, just surprised that many more companies don't do the same thing. I mean so far Nike does it, UA has some but I haven't seen too many players wear them, NB has a few people but their logo is to the right front chest area.

Nike has the exclusive deal on under shirts and training apparel so that's why we don't see UA logos all over. There was a post here a few years back with an article about how Nike realized that if they put the swoosh on the neck, it would get MASSIVE exposure.

Doesn't explain why the other companies haven't done it in college or St retail though

Can anyone check pics... Looked like Brandon Crawford may have had the new Air mvp cleats on in a grey/orange Colorway
Not a great pic, but he's been wearing a grey colour way of this years huaraches for most of the year including last night. There are a couple of guys in the Giants pen that where a very similar colour way as well. I'm a huge fan of the grey, really wish Nike offered a similar pattern for the public.

Back
Top Bottom