***MLB Feet and Equipment 2014***NEW THREAD

I think evoshield might take over the majority of the mlb players who use arm sleeves, guards, etc. I like the quality over nike they just don't look as good without the swoosh

Last edited:
My boy at ODU said when they switched from Nike to New Balance he was thrilled. Old hitting coach who is now the head coach at George Washington said dealing with Nike is a ***** and if he had it his way they'd switch to a different brand.
Yup. I'm very involved in a lot of the purchasing of our team gear as captain for the 2nd year in a row at my JUCO and our rep at BSN sports hates dealing with Nike. We're almost all under armour jerseys, t shirts, etc now. Because we don't have a deal with any brands we can wear anything for undershirts, cleats, BG, if we don't want to use team issued ones. I've been using Franklin BGs since freshman year of HS and I'm dreading going to a school I won't be able to use them.

I think evoshield might take over the majority of the mlb players who use arm sleeves, guards, etc. I like the quality over nike they just don't look as good without the swoosh
do you mean phiten since they're the authentic mlb sleeve?

Bryce Harper is an Evoshield athlete and I know he wears the Phiten sleeve instead of the Evoshield one.
I think the nike pro sleeves like matt kemp and adam jones wear are the best compression sleeves IMO along with adidas recovery. To me evoshield ones don't feel as good @scalabrine

Last edited:
I think Nike sleeves are the absolute worst they roll down all the time... The best sleeve I've ever used is eastbay brand ones theyre perfect and cheap I would definitely recommend them if u haven't tried em

Last edited:
I'm curious whether anyone else got a Nike Vapor Pro outfielder's glove and what their overall impression is. I got one for Christmas and one of the big selling points is how you don't have to break it in. Uh, WRONG. This glove is stiff as a dang board. Anybody got any tips for breaking it in? 

Found out the team I will be playing with this year is all red . I have a few things that I won't be able to wear this year that I wanted to show. If anyone is interested in them please let me know. Buy, Trade, etc. Some things are cool because they were given to me from some of my big league teammates. I have a pair of royal blue and black swingman cleats size 11. Never been worn. Second is a Nike #24 wristbands straight from Japan. My teamate played there after he signed with the Indians. Brand new, never worn. This next thing I have is a pair of the Orlado Cabrera Easton bg's size L. The final is an evoshield elbow guard bag full of the good kind of elastic, strech tape a lot of the guys in the bigs wear. My trainer gave me a bunch last year and I can't use them anymore. Royal blue in color. If anyone has any questions or is iinterested in anything def let me know.

View media item 1343502View media item 1343503View media item 1343504View media item 1343505

I think the nike pro sleeves like matt kemp and adam jones wear are the best compression sleeves IMO along with adidas recovery. To me evoshield ones don't feel as good @scalabrine
Have you used a Breccon sleeve before? I love mine but curious if you like the nike one better.

Have you used a Breccon sleeve before? I love mine but curious if you like the nike one better.
No I've used the nike pro ones that matt kemp and dee gordon wore , adidas recovery compression, the first Phiten ones and under armour sleeves and to me the nike pro short sleeve ones were the best fit but I did like the adidas ones too, you could really feel the compression . Are brecons a good investment ?

No I've used the nike pro ones that matt kemp and dee gordon wore , adidas recovery compression, the first Phiten ones and under armour sleeves and to me the nike pro short sleeve ones were the best fit but I did like the adidas ones too, you could really feel the compression . Are brecons a good investment ?
I think so. I had only used an evoshield sleeve prior to Breccon, but after some posts on here and seeing that guys like Longoria, Carl Crawford, Hanley, and Harper all have used it at some point I tried it out and it was good. It's good for just compression and loosening up but it's also really really good for cold days too. The sleeves are also only $6, but costs $10 to ship, so if you order two, or split the order with one or more people it saves a little money.

I bought some stirrups from the stirrup revolution guys once RP Marshall http://robertmarshallart.com/news.php I think he is a sales rep for Twin City and he designs stirrups and them sells them on pair at a time.  MKtradingcompany on ebay http://www.ebay.com/usr/mktradingcompany?_trksid=p2047675.l2559  has a lot of styles you can but on pair at a time as well. otherwise  http://www.socksrock.com/collections/baseball is one where there is a minimum order. 
Thanks for the help. I love the RP Marshall ones, I just wish they weren't $20, but thanks.

Does anyone know what kind of shirt the nike pox was based off of? I saw a "pox" shirt without the design on the sleeves on ebay but it had a stanford cardinal logo on the chest. just curious if anyone knows

I also use Brecon sleeves and I believe they are the best, but that's just my opinion. They fit snug, and work really nice. Also, like mentioned by the other user they work great in cold weather too, but they work great when it's 95 out and there's about 400% humidity haha.

I also use Brecon sleeves and I believe they are the best, but that's just my opinion. They fit snug, and work really nice. Also, like mentioned by the other user they work great in cold weather too, but they work great when it's 95 out and there's about 400% humidity haha.
Alright thanks I'll look into one, probably a black one. Btw does anyone know what sleeve Winston wears on his right arm? It's a nike sleeve but I've never seen one like it, maybe a nike pro one with a sideways swoosh?View media item 1347976View media item 1347977View media item 1347979

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom