MLB Trade Deadline thread - Everybody to LAD; Contreras to COL; Kazmir to ANA; Wagner to BOS.

Originally Posted by nnarum

Great move both ways. Now only if Halladay will go to the Dodgers or Phillies...
I highly doubt it.

Ricciardi wants more for Halladay than the Twins asked for Johan, and what the Brewers asked for CC.

They want dudes from the Major League roster,
grin.gif

I like Halladay, great pitcher, but at the end of the day he is 32. He is older than Johan and CC, when they got dealt.

I wouldn't mind Halladay at all, but the price is steep.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

With guys like Albert Pujols, Manny, Bonds, etc., there is no such thing as protection... Nobody is pitching to them in any spots, Matt Holliday and the like be damned...
Yeah the protection theory is overblown, however, look for Holliday to go on a tear. He is a great hitter on his own. He will be seeing better pitches if he hits in front of Albert Pujols.

Solid move by the Cardinals, prospects are a crapshoot, with Holliday you know what you are getting.

Oh I completely agree... Matt Holliday will benefit from this move more than Albert will... Price was steep, but there's a LOT of reward to be had for theCards if this pans out... With Holliday and Pujols anchoring that lineup and Carpenter/Wainwright on the mound, they'll have a chance against anybody inthe playoffs... Plus, they'll get two draft picks if/when he walks in free agency...

Great move both ways. Now only if Halladay will go to the Dodgers or Phillies...
I highly doubt it.

Ricciardi wants more for Halladay than the Twins asked for Johan, and what the Brewers asked for CC.

grin.gif

I like Halladay, great pitcher, but at the end of the day he is 32. He is older than Johan and CC, when they got dealt.

Who told you that?
laugh.gif

For the Dodgers yes, because your farm system is garbage.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

I highly doubt it.

grin.gif

Who told you that?
laugh.gif

For the Dodgers yes, because your farm system is garbage.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Ricciardi asking for a bigger package than the one nabbed in the Santana/Sabathia trades,
laugh.gif
. Doc is great, but like I said, he is on the wrong side of 30. Especially inan age when youth is being valued.

Ricciardi asked for Kershaw....
roll.gif
roll.gif
. I wouldn't even do that trade straight up.

The farm system is young, not garbage.

You only need to look at our Major League roster to see what our farm system has done,
smokin.gif

Dodgers just don't have anything premier in the upper-minors because everything has been promoted to the Big Club...

If Halladay goes to the Phillies, I think they'll be the favorites for the next few years... A few prospects that might never pan out for a piece that willhelp you get another ring? They could go down as the best team ever in Philly sports...

Personally though, I'd love him to go to the Dodgers. They have a great team and he would only help. Like you said though Ironman, probably not becausethey want so much.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Dodgers just don't have anything premier in the upper-minors because everything has been promoted to the Big Club...

Yeah, but to call our farm system garbage is going a little overboard.

What you guys know about our Asian Sensation ... Ching Lung Hu?

If the Phillies get Halladay, they're the prohibitive favorite as far as I'm concerned...

Hamels and Halladay in a playoff rotation...
sick.gif

Yup. Phillies with Halladay would be an absolute problem. They are going to have to give up a lot though. We'll see what they do. Ideally I'd like tokeep Taylor and Drabek but I know we are going to have to part with at least one of them and it will probably be Taylor. Jays also are going to want Happ aswell but I'd rather give them Carassco. Happ has already proved he can be a solid 4th starter. I dont want to give that up. Regardless... it's going tobe interesting to see what happens.

Like I've been saying keep happ his #+@+#%$* WILL NOT WORK in the AL.

Gimmie Drabek, Taylor, Donald, and Marson and maybe I can stomach your b level package.

I don't see why the Phillies won't part with these guys.

To have him for two world series runs, I don't see how you wouldn't trade any of these guys.

laugh.gif
looking at it more and more, that Phillies package kinda sucks...
laugh.gif

Matt Harrison will miss the rest of the season with Thoracic Outlet Syndrome, whatever the hell that is... Wonder if that puts JD in position to start taking aserious look at the pitching market...
nerd.gif

For whatever reason, I really, really like Ian Snell still...

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Gimmie Drabek, Taylor, Donald, and Marson and maybe I can stomach your b level package.

Oddly enough these are the exact names mentioned in a possible Halladay to Phillies trade...

4:50pm: Ed Price of AOL FanHouse hears that the Jays are considering trading Halladay to the Phillies for Kyle Drabek, Michael Taylor, Jason Donald and Lou Marson. However, no deal appears to be close.

Here's the offer: Drabek, Happ and Brown for Halladay

Well, here it is, the Blue Jays asking price for Roy Halladay: Jays GM J.P. Ricciardi has spoken to the Phillies within the past 24 hours and negotiations are underway in earnest, baseball sources tell the Inquirer. They want Kyle Drabek, J.A. Happ and Dominic Brown.

That's what they've asked for. It remains to be seen how the Phils will respond to that.

When Charlie Manuel said yesterday "I prefer the horse," the horse had a name: Halladay. As the Phillies and Blue Jays negotiate, figuring out who to include or not in a potential trade, there is a buzz around the clubhouse. Phillies players have pulled me aside, asking, "Hey, off the record, are we going to get Doc? What will we have to give up?

Manuel was asked today if he'd revised the thoughts he expressed about two weeks ago re: giving up Drabek. Here's what he said a few hours ago: "I like Drabek and the basic reason I say that is, when I look at him, the style of pitcher that he is, I look at his upside. I look at his tools. I look at the kind of pitcher he is - I call him a drop and drive pitcher - and I think he's on the order of Nolan Ryan or Tom Seaver or Colon, guys like that with a real strong core, strong legs, get a big push off the rubber to produce power. It's a style that usually makes for a long career. That's what I see."

Two weeks ago, he said clearly: "For me, it would be tough to trade Drabek." Today, compliments about the kid, no concrete plea to keep him around.

So which is it, Charlie--do you want the horse or the pony? You probably can't have both. And if you can, you sure can't have J.A. Happ anymore.

would could be
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Rangers are supposedly scouting the Nats...

Probably want Willingham...

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Meanwhile, a scout offered this about Brett Wallace: "He can hit but he throws like a girl. They acquired a DH - I think he might be Jack Cust Jr. with fewer Ks.
Jugular.
laugh.gif

eek.gif

Jack Cust was nice till they tried to adjust his approach.
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom