MLB Trade Deadline thread - Everybody to LAD; Contreras to COL; Kazmir to ANA; Wagner to BOS.

Hardy or Escobar for two months of Washburn?

I want what most of these GMs are smoking these days.

• Tampa Bay has been aggressive in its pursuit of Cliff Lee. The Rays are trying to involve the Texas Rangers as a third team in the deal, with the Indians getting top Rays pitching prospect Wade Davis and at least one young arm from the Rangers. The Rays also almost certainly will move Andy Sonnanstine, perhaps to a team looking for bullpen help. The Rays also have shown considerable interest in Toronto reliever Jason Frasor, as has Detroit.
• The Rangers, meanwhile, have shown some interest in Tampa Bay's Scott Kazmir, but apparently not if it would cost them left-hander Derek Holland. The Rangers' need for another pitcher became more acute after the news that left-hander Matt Harrison needs shoulder surgery and is out for the season. The Dodgers may also make a run at Kazmir.

Damn...The AL East plot thickens. Cliff Lee on the Rays would be
pimp.gif

eek.gif

Davis from Tampa Bay and Gomez from Texas?
nerd.gif

I still say Shapiro needs to do what he has to do to get Feliz, Smoak and Gomez, though.

laugh.gif
You know the crazy thing KLJ?

You love Gomez. I love Gomez. And by most any measure, he's not one of the Rangers' Top 20 prospects...
laugh.gif
Crazy.

I'm gonna be pissed if the Mets don't make a trade by the deadline. What's the point of keeping Luis Castillo? Trade him while his value is high(he'll suck again next year) and get a b level player back.

As the San Francisco Chronicle's Susan Slusser notes, a few key members of the Twins are also pining for Cabrera.
According to Cabrera," Slusser writes, "when the A's played Minnesota last week, every time Joe Mauer or Justin Morneau got on base, they'd say, " 'We're trying to get you! We want to get you here!'"
But, Slusser also adds this: "An A's source told The Chronicle last week that the Twins' offer wasn't what Oakland was looking for. Minnesota sounds motivated enough to have improved the offer, but it's also possible that it would take a multi-team deal to make it happen."
laugh.gif

eek.gif
sick.gif
Gad damn I knew Kazmir had been bad this year, but I didn't realize how bad it was...

And Kev... You ain't lyin...
laugh.gif
It's Jay. No Gunna.
smh.gif

But yeah, all the guys that do regular Rangers Top 20's never have Gomez in them... He's always in the 'Guys to Watch' portion... Blows mymind...

Tampa Bay gets:

Cliff Lee
Hank Blalock

Texas gets:

Scott Kazmir
Victor Martinez
Carl Pavano

Cleveland gets:

Wade Davis
Neftali Feliz
Justin Smoak
Kennil Gomez

nerd.gif

That makes sense, doesn't it?

I could see the Rangers giving up those three for Lee and Martinez... Not sure without Lee, though.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by PhilBalla09

Law is a moron
roll.gif
roll.gif
Why? Because he realizes a lot of JA Happ's success this year is smoke and mirrors?
laugh.gif

OKB... Saw this on MLBTR, can't imagine it's true, but what do you think?
To Texas

RHP Roy Halladay
C J.P. Arencibia
OF Aaron Matthews

To Toronto

OF Nelson Cruz
C Jarrod Saltalamacchia
SS Marcus Lemmon
RHP Michael Main
LHP Kasey ****r
LHP Martin Perez

Martin Perez at the center?
grin.gif

He is too far away, JP is terrified of kind of risk I don't see a deal getting done without Smoak or Feliz, Blue jays are all about publicity and opticsthey won't do a deal unless they get something close to the majors.

Perez is the best of the bunch man, I'm tellin you...

Rosenthal says Ricciardi told JD it would take Holland, Smoak, and two other top guys...
sick.gif
indifferent.gif

Yeah right. Keep him.

Rosenthal says Ricciardi told JD it would take Holland, Smoak, and two other top guys...
sick.gif
indifferent.gif

Yeah right. Keep him.
is there any way you guys part with Smoak and Holland/Feliz in any package?

Saw on ESPN that the Bosox trying to get Adrian Gonzalez?
PLEASE GOD DONT LET THAT HAPPEN TO MY UNCLE! I cant root for him on the Sox, it's hard enough he's on the Padres.

ESPN The Magazine's Buster Olney reports this morning that "The trade talks between the Phillies and Jays about Roy Halladay have not only made little progress, but the dialogue has also gotten heated, as in angry. The Jays think the Phillies should be willing to give up J.A. Happ and Kyle Drabek and others for Halladay, and the Phillies think the Jays are asking for too much."

roll.gif
$&!^ wants Happ so bad.

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

Saw on ESPN that the Bosox trying to get Adrian Gonzalez?
PLEASE GOD DONT LET THAT HAPPEN TO MY UNCLE! I cant root for him on the Sox, it's hard enough he's on the Padres.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

do it, theo

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

sick.gif
indifferent.gif

Yeah right. Keep him.
is there any way you guys part with Smoak and Holland/Feliz in any package?
Throw Tim Lincecum my way and maybe...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

But really, I don't know... It'd have to be for more in return than just Roy Halladay or Cliff Lee, I'd think... Like Lee and Martinez, I could seeit... But for one guy? Don't think so, just because this team isn't one player away from serious World Series contention...

And it doesn't help that the team is probably a year ahead of schedule in terms of how quickly they thought they'd be where they are now... This timenext year? I could see them doing it... But I think the timetable being pushed up and where they stand right now financially kinda threw everything for aloop...

Kinda weird you hear rumors coming out of other front offices and such, but the Rangers are dead $%% silent... Hard to get a real gauge on...

I think you're more likely to get Smoak and Holland than Smoak and Feliz...

Rangers definitely are looking for bullpen arms, though I'm not really sure why, assuming Feliz stays...

Found this on a Rangers media roundtable chat... What do you think...
Feliz, Moreland, Teagarden, Font, and Beltre for Halladay and Frasor
Kinda falls along what I said earlier in this thread... One real bluechip, a couple of legitimate prospects (Moreland and Tea), and a couple ofLottery tickets (Font and Beltre)...

OKB, I've read rumors that the Yankees were taking a look at Scott Downs.

You'd think the Jays would deal him to the Yankees? Yankees *could* use another lefty to give Phil Coke a break and they'd also have another pitcherto use in that "Bridge to Mariano" role.

BTW, this from Yankee blogger Pete Abraham yesterday:

Somebody just e-mailed suggesting the Yanks trade Montero for Homer Bailey. And with that I'm taking the rest of the day off. 23 hrs ago

Back
Top Bottom