Mortal Kombat (2021) Out Now.

The movie was enjoyable for what it was, same realm as fast and the furious you shut off the thinking part of your brain and enjoy the rest. With that being said Cole needs to go in the sequel. They should of of hired half of actors from Warrior for this movie. OG running things would of been pretty good as Shang, this Shang wasn't even menacing.the editing and pacing was all over the place. When millena went to report to Shang and he was all dirty did he scolded by Shao? No backstory for the majority of things that took place. This is definitely a prequel and they better get it together for part 2. That wasn't OG reptile that was someone reptile henchman. WB always self sabotaging, Disney should buy the MK franchise too 🤣

Last edited:
Blows my mind some people were expecting a Martin Scorsese type of film from a low budget movie based off a video game and made during covid.
Movie was satisfying, nostalgic, and rated r with good fatalities. I’m in for all the sequels

Someone always comes in and say "gee were you guys expecting (insert classic movie)" in movie threads :lol:

No *****....just a good movie. The **** was trash. That's why you're mentioning budgets, video game movie, covid, etc to excuse it.

There has never been, and will probably never be a really “good” video game movie. If you honestly expected a deep theatrical experience, that’s your fault. No one (should)control your expectations, except you.

Yes, I know they’re making a Last of Us and Uncharted movie, but I don’t expect much from them based of history. I’d rather be pleasantly surprised than miffed and disappointed.

There has never been, and will probably never be a really “good” video game movie. If you honestly expected a deep theatrical experience, that’s your fault. No one (should)control your expectations, except you.

Yes, I know they’re making a Last of Us and Uncharted movie, but I don’t expect much from them based of history. I’d rather be pleasantly surprised than miffed and disappointed.

I said that earlier and was told there’s no reason to not expect this movie to be good

Dudes want a Shawshank redemption story based off a fighting game :lol:

At the bare minimum, previous video game movies were actually based on the actual characters in the video games in order to, you know, appeal to the already-established video game fanbase. Introducing an atrocious new character as the main character was so trash. Made an already bad movie even worse.

Meh, sonic threw a lot of these statements out the window. You can use the characters correctly and come out with a simple and entertaining movie.

Also reptile was straight trash man, they should've had someone like smoke or nightwolf instead

Man, I am hoping that wasn't the ninja Reptile and maybe just another from his species or something. Reptile v Liu Kang from the original movie was a high point and I refuse to believe they would reduce him to that :smh:

Detective Pikachu was pretty good I thought lol

8B025587-8756-43ED-9D86-91F0F85DCF61.gif
267EC402-0E38-4D8D-902D-0AF4BA1A8870.gif
F993A66C-0685-4F16-8964-1272844563D7.gif
ED76F3FD-658E-4307-94B4-D0A5D769CF95.gif
BF65A44C-C320-4E29-86EE-82A4EAFA0FF9.gif
45F59D71-3BAD-46DA-89A5-8A0EFEE1382A.gif
4E11A0C0-BABC-426B-BE2B-DF83F5E8CAEC.gif

At the bare minimum, previous video game movies were actually based on the actual characters in the video games in order to, you know, appeal to the already-established video game fanbase. Introducing an atrocious new character as the main character was so trash. Made an already bad movie even worse.
I can’t even argue Cole’s trashness. I kinda can see Cole being a metaphor for resilience, taking hits only makes him stronger, but wasn’t that kinda the deal with Kick-A**?? Someone beat MK to the punch.

Maybe Cole will get killed by Johnny Cage in the first scene of the second movie. That would be some full circle restitution. :lol:

Man, I am hoping that wasn't the ninja Reptile and maybe just another from his species or something. Reptile v Liu Kang from the original movie was a high point and I refuse to believe they would reduce him to that :smh:
Da blatant disrespect.

I wanna see the invasion of Earth.........

With the climate i bet theyll stay away from Stryker. Or make him ex military.

I can’t even argue Cole’s trashness. I kinda can see Cole being a metaphor for resilience, taking hits only makes him stronger, but wasn’t that kinda the deal with Kick-A**?? Someone beat MK to the punch.

Maybe Cole will get killed by Johnny Cage in the first scene of the second movie. That would be some full circle restitution. :lol:

I mean there was only one real superhero in KA and it wasn’t KA

I tell people all the time that’s easily the best female superhero movie to date

Back
Top Bottom