Mos Def>Jay-Z

I like Mos def as a rapper alot , but there is just no comparing them
roll.gif

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

I can't say I didn't expect these type of responses with the way dude's ride Jay's sack on here.
nice
laugh.gif

you make a ludicrous statement like this, most disagree and they're stans for doing so

Originally Posted by MikeTysontheKiller

Originally Posted by onetwothreewick

dudes need to stop with all these random #+! this rapper>that rapper threads.
Yup. I'm starting to think OP makes outlandish threads like this one just to get attention and piss people off. lol.

I've been here on NT for a while buddy, I don't post things for attention.

I remember that thread, talking bout John Legend's Once Again was the best R&B album of all time or something like. Thread was something like this too.

Originally Posted by onetwothreewick

dudes need to stop with all these random #+! this rapper>that rapper threads.
Yup. I'm starting to think OP makes outlandish threads like this one just to get attention and piss people off. lol.

I've been here on NT for a while buddy, I don't post things for attention.

I remember that thread, talking bout John Legend's Once Again was the best R&B album of all time or something like. Thread was something like this too.

I said ONE OF THE BEST, and that thread was legit. It's not like I said room 112 of some lloyd album. I would expect someone of your age to be able toappreciate an album like once again since you're damn near 30 but I guess not.

Originally Posted by MidEastBeast

Originally Posted by Cels The YoungGod

Originally Posted by CROSSISOM

Originally Posted by Cels The YoungGod

smh.gif
Nope...RD over Mos' discography
Why even comment if you don't even read what I said.
Does it matter? He mentioned RD, who is clearly better than both Mos and Jay in their prime.
laugh.gif

And even though he doesn't have a discography like Jay...Jay is a better rapper than Mos Def...better flow, delivery, word play.

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Are you joking ? or are hip hop fans really this stupid ?
So we're stupid now for thinking Jay > Mos Def? Who put you as the hip hop judge?

these dudes are on two totally different planets when it comes to rap. mos def style, swag, whatever is waayy different then jay-z's.

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

Mos Def has sparks of brilliance but he's inconsistent, more interested in acting or whatever else than going in lyrically year after year.

RD, Vol. 1, Vol. 2, BP2, Black Album and American Gangster contain more lyricism than Mos's entire career.
On point. He's one of my favorite MC's but his inconsistency kills me.
frown.gif

I'm not sure what my take on this subject [though I def prefer Jay'smusic over his]....I can honestly say that Mos Def's verse on 'Thieves of the Night' is probably the greatest Hip Hop verse I've ever heard.Meaning that Jay hasn't spit anything superior to that IMO. Mos is def one of our greatest lyricist, by far.

Mos Def is that dude

Dude is a true freestyler and rapper, I refuse to compare these 2 tho, just won't

Can someone post and embed that The New Danger freestyle Mos did on Def Poetry? I'm on my ps3 and can't copy and paste

I'm a big Jay fan and Jay will always be GOAT to me, but Mathematics is damn close to Jay's best songs.
pimp.gif

That's right I said it. Dude doesn't get the credit he deserves, and although he might not have the discography Jay has, I feel he is a better rapper. Discuss.
Why do feel Mos is better than Jay?

Is it his Flow? Song Structure? Subject matter? Delivery? Voice? Realness? Street Cred? Lyrical Imagery? Lyrical Prowess? Punch Lines? Accessibility? Charisma?"Swag"?

Originally Posted by Mr Fizzy Womack

That's right I said it. Dude doesn't get the credit he deserves, and although he might not have the discography Jay has, I feel he is a better rapper. Discuss.
Why do feel Mos is better than Jay?

Is it his Flow? Song Structure? Subject matter? Delivery? Voice? Realness? Street Cred? Lyrical Imagery? Lyrical Prowess? Punch Lines? Accessibility? Charisma? "Swag"Lyrical ability?Freestyling.
I should have been more detailed in my original post. From what you put, I highlighted why I think he is the better MC.

C'mon now, I'm not asking for a essay... but gimme more than that (pause).
laugh.gif

Post a few vids/bars or something.
grin.gif

Meh... I like Mos, but not more than Jay. To each his own tho.

BTW, Jay > Mos in Flow, Lyrical Prowess/ability and Delivery imo.

Everything else I can pretty much agree with.

That Black on both sides/Black star Mos is appreciated but the other stuff... No real competition

is this dude on dope or dogfood? Does anyone know??
Mos Def>Jay-Z
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom