Most overrated player in the NBA

Originally Posted by bjm5295

Ray has really done nothing of significance in his career. At least you can argue Pierce can has stuck it out with one team for better and for worse and it's been his team since he was a Sophomore. Not to dog Ray, but again, what has he really done? I hope that changes soon.
wow...i actually agree with this man right here...

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

PP is a six time all-star. Ray Ray is an eight time all-star. Ray is also 69th on the all-time scoring list, holds the records for most 3 pointers made in a season, and is only behind Reggie Miller in 3 pointers made in a career. He's had at least a good career as PP, if not better. PP is the better all-around basketball player, IMO, but to say that Ray hasn't done anything in his career is kind of absurd.

lets put all all star talk aside, ray allen is best suited as the 3rd option to a team, nothing more nothing less, he was with milwaukee and he is now

Like I said, I think PP is a more *complete* bball player, but saying Ray has done nothing in his career is kind of absurd.

P2 is underrated , no one ever talked about him till this season, ray allen has def. got his shine but is very deserving. ray allen plays the game and makes itlook so easy , one of the best shots of all time and the man can take it to the rack and play good defense. about the HOF though, its tought because altough iam a huge fan of both , i do have to admit that both havent done anything significantly(sp?) big in their carrers . But a RING is something they both need toin order to solidify their HOF entry. NOT one player of "the big three" belongs in this thread anyhow.

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

Like I said, I think PP is a more *complete* bball player, but saying Ray has done nothing in his career is kind of absurd.

i agree with u that pp is the more complete player, i and i also agree that ray has done stuff in his career in playing a vital role in milwaukee, sea, andsoon to be boston making the playoffs
- i dont know where u got that someone was saying that ray allens done nothing cause it wasnt me, im just saying that he may be a little over rated to whatpeople are makin him out to be

Originally Posted by xzstrikaxz

P2 is underrated , no one ever talked about him till this season, ray allen has def. got his shine but is very deserving. ray allen plays the game and makes it look so easy , one of the best shots of all time and the man can take it to the rack and play good defense. about the HOF though, its tought because altough i am a huge fan of both , i do have to admit that both havent done anything significantly(sp?) big in their carrers . But a RING is something they both need to in order to solidify their HOF entry. NOT one player of "the big three" belongs in this thread anyhow.

in a completely unrelated manner, u wanna know somethin strange? look at paul pierce's and vince carter's careers side by side, when one has beenballin the other's gone unnoticed
- think about when vince was BALLIN in Tor while PP was ballin in unnoticed in boston, then when VC got hurt in Tor, people started takin notice of PP and"The Truth" was gettin that shine, then later on VC left toronto and went to NJ and people started talkin bout "half man half amazing"again while PP again went unnoticed - now, people takin note of PP in the Bos trio while VC's gettin no shine

- so what am i saying? that PP's gotten his recognition half the time, half the time he hasnt

20051206NBAPhoenixSunsShawnMarion.jpg

wow...i actually agree with this man right here...

We agree twice in one day? ...the hell is goin' on?!
laugh.gif

I guess I shouldn't say Ray has done nothing, but when you think of him there really isnt anything that sticks out other than the Three ability. You cantake Pierce and think 02 ECFs, the big Nets comeback, his streak of 30+ point games last year, durability outside of last year, numerous game winners... Ithink he's just a lot easier to argue for the HOF.

Keep in mind if it was up to me, I'd put Ray in first ballot. But I'm not voting.

This man is complete garbage

Most overrated player in the history of western civilization

If you truly believe that Kobe is overrated, and its not coming from the hate in your heart, but you're approaching it as if you thought you're sometype of NBA analyst, you are mentally ******ed. And im no laker fan.

We talk about the knowledge of football on NT...

but I'm seriously wondering if a majority of people

a) know the game

b) watch any games

overrated aye, hmmmm......i would have to say dwade since he is not winning games and is not improving his teammates....since he was MVP of the finals...idon't really remember him doing anything for himself/miami heat.

I dont even know why you guys take the time to read this thread.

People are just going to list players that were hyped up by espn and weren't absolute superstars. Just like how Alonzo morning was supposed to be Shaqsreplacement.

Out of anyone mentioned, I honestly believe Dirk is overrated.

And I really like the Mavs.

Originally Posted by Karmex

If you truly believe that Kobe is overrated, and its not coming from the hate in your heart, but you're approaching it as if you thought you're some type of NBA analyst, you are mentally ******ed. And im no laker fan.
The fact that many people compare him to Michael Jordan in my book makes him overrated.
Fakers #24 is a scorer. That's it.
He's not a leader.
Michael Jordan was a leader.

Michael Jordan was the dominant player on six championship teams.
Fakers #24 was a second fiddle on three championship teams.

Michael Jordan was a career 49.7% shooter
Fakers #24 is a career 45% shooter.

Michael Jordan had a higher ast, stl, rbd, blk, and a lower TO avg per game than Fakers #24.

Michael Jordan won an NCAA championship and two Olympic Gold Medals.

If you think that the comparisons of Fakers SG #24 to Michael Jordan are valid you are mentally ******ed.
So therefore, by comparing this guy to Michael Jordan you are overrating him.

I'm not saying you are comparing him to MJ, but many people - especially on NT - often do. Some morons (like Jamelle Hill of ESPN) actually go as far as tosay that Fakers #24 is BETTER than MJ.
So - he's not better than MJ thus he's OVERRATED.

Originally Posted by NBAdotcom

If you truly believe that Kobe is overrated, and its not coming from the hate in your heart, but you're approaching it as if you thought you're some type of NBA analyst, you are mentally ******ed. And im no laker fan.
The fact that many people compare him to Michael Jordan in my book makes him overrated.
He's not a leader.

Michael Jordan had a higher ast, stl, rbd, blk, and a lower TO avg per game than Fakers #24.

If you think that the comparisons of Fakers SG #24 to Michael Jordan are valid you are mentally ******ed.

I'm not saying you are comparing him to MJ, but many people - especially on NT - often do. Some morons (like Jamelle Hill of ESPN) actually go as far as to say that Fakers #24 is BETTER than MJ.

LOL... all these stats and figures. Faker this... faker that...

All I read was hate hate hate hate hate...

Go kill yourself.

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

He's not a leader.

I'm not saying you are comparing him to MJ, but many people - especially on NT - often do. Some morons (like Jamelle Hill of ESPN) actually go as far as to say that Fakers #24 is BETTER than MJ.

Go kill yourself.

relax man.... it's just the internet....

jesus... some of you guys are too sensitive...

Originally Posted by BullsRepeat3Peat

Go kill yourself.

relax man.... it's just the internet....

jesus... some of you guys are too sensitive...

u know yall makin this "ignore user" function harder for me by quoting his posts right? yes i am referring to this dude who loves flop-ball

Well... it seems like I took it up a couple notches with you taking it out of context and highlight, bold, italicize, and underlining it.

Anyways, if you can't see why people might compare Kobe to Jordan you not obviously aren't considering the facts and the stats Kobe has put upthroughout his career.

Nobody since Kobe has even came close to sniffing Jordan's legacy, and he's still got years to go.

Is he better than Jordan? Heck no. But you'd be a fool not to see a link between these two people.

That deserves a least a comparison.

He's not a leader.

roll.gif
Kind of ironic that you claim someone is overrated due to othershyping him up when you regard the Phoenix Suns as God's gift to mankind. Amare is better than Garnett, Nash is better than Kidd, blah blah blah. You haveno basketball knowledge whatsoever.
Please shutup and realize that the Suns are going NOWHERE this year and are NEVER going to win a championship, at least in the near future. Fakers SG#24 has 3 championships, compared to the Sun's 0. I bet you're not even going to reply to this, and if you do, you'll probably say "*Insertscrub that was a part of a Championship team* has a ring, so he's better than the Nash, Amare etc.?"

Anyways, if you can't see why people might compare Kobe to Jordan you not obviously aren't considering the facts and the stats Kobe has put up throughout his career.

Nobody since Kobe has even came close to sniffing Jordan's legacy, and he's still got years to go.

Is he better than Jordan? Heck no. But you'd be a fool not to see a link between these two people.

That deserves a least a comparison.
Wow, you're kidding, right?
How, exactly does Fakers #24 come close to "sniffing Jordan's legacy"

There have been PLENTY of guys in the NBA that have scored lots of points.

Just because some dude comes in and attempts to copy MJ's mannerisims on the court, interview style and speech patterns off the court, doesn't meanhe's anywhere near being mentioned in the same breath as MJ.

Wait until he leads a team to ONE championship, much less SIX.
Not to mention he couldn't hold MJ's jock straphanes on or off the court when it comes to leadership and class.

Back
Top Bottom