Most Overrated Rappers

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

I knew not to click on this thread, alot of foolery posted BUT I couldn't let this pass.
But yea..How the !+*! yall saying Nas is overrated..Nas is the greatest rapper alive..If anything JAY Z is overrated..What has he done lately? His last album was trash
American Gangster is definitely a great album. 4/5 EASY.

,But its still better than your favorite rapper's best album

• Blueprint
  • Reasonable Doubt
  • Black Album
Tell me Nastradamus is better than those three.

OH so you decide to compare one of Nas's not so great albums to 3 of Jay-Z's best albums? In that case Illmatic, IWW, andStillmatic>>>>>>

Originally Posted by Keithahundred

I know mideast is about to stone face me but BIG L, N_ had one album and some mixtapes and dues think he is goat F_ outtah here

yeah he had two albums, he still overated, hell dude really didn't have a Strong buzz as a tupac or biggie and his voice is annoying as hell. Can he spit yeah, but PAC and big had way better tracks then him.

Just from these 2 quotes I can come to the conclusion that your talking out your ++#.

Originally Posted by MikeTysontheKiller

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

I knew not to click on this thread, alot of foolery posted BUT I couldn't let this pass.
But yea..How the !+*! yall saying Nas is overrated..Nas is the greatest rapper alive..If anything JAY Z is overrated..What has he done lately? His last album was trash
American Gangster is definitely a great album. 4/5 EASY.

,But its still better than your favorite rapper's best album

• Blueprint
  • Reasonable Doubt
  • Black Album
Tell me Nastradamus is better than those three.

OH so you decide to compare one of Nas's not so great albums to 3 of Jay-Z's best albums? In that case Illmatic, IWW, and Stillmatic>>>>>>

Did you even read the quote? Or where I took the quote from? Son said Nastradamus was better than YOUR favorite rapper's BEST albums. Andthat's just not true.

Drake - He's nice, but hop off...
tired.gif

Wale
Lil' Wayne
Cam'Ron & The rest of Dipset.

Originally Posted by MidEastBeast

Jay-Z
Lupe
Em
Wayne
Budden
Biggie (on NT)
Tupac
Drake/Wale/Cudi/Kanye/other lames NT rides
Andre 3000
Cee-Lo
Ross/50 cent/the majority of the mainstream/south

many more
so ummm... who do you think can rap? just askin.

Originally Posted by McFlyyy

Originally Posted by McFlyyy

jay literally changed hip-hop as we know it

Explain please.
you can't be serious

who changed hip-hop? vinny paz, bruh?

next to pac, jay is the most complete hip-hop artist EVER

he perfected the art of being universally accepted

i know hood n-ggas who think jay is the GOAT and corny suburban white people who swear by him

he's successful in the commercial market and drops street anthems that sets hood clubs on fire

he damn near perfected the art of flow

jay has like the most clones out of any rapper ever

every rapper yall praise on here (wale, wayne, fabolous, pusha, etc) are heavily jay influenced in every way possible

you may not like him but you can't deny the impact he's had on hip-hop

the fact that he came from the projects and is ranked at half billion worth is incredible in itself

yall hate so much on here, just give a dude his props and keep it moving

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Agthekid

I know mideast is about to stone face me but BIG L, N_ had one album and some mixtapes and dues think he is goat F_ outtah here

yeah he had two albums, he still overated, hell dude really didn't have a Strong buzz as a tupac or biggie and his voice is annoying as hell. Can he spit yeah, but PAC and big had way better tracks then him.

Just from these 2 quotes I can come to the conclusion that your talking out your ++#.

Basically. Dude probably heard one or two Big L songs in his life talking about "he didn't have a buzz" and "his voice is annoying ashell"
roll.gif

Mideast is proud of the fact that his favorite rappers are people no one has every heard of outside the internet and locally.

They're not bad rappers, but in dudes mind, because no ones heard of them they're better than anyone else. In sense, he's actually overrating thoseartists himself.

After listening to more material from them, Jedi Mind Tricks =
pimp.gif
: regardless of Mideastelitist's sackriding of them.

Originally Posted by AiRodney23

Cee-Lo
I'd like a succinct, conscise explanation on this one, please.

I probably should have added "on NT" but we have dudes here holding him up lyrically as being equal to some of the greatest to ever do it. He'snot bad, especially for a southern rapper, but he doesn't hold a candle to a lot of the dudes he's being compared with. His two solo albums were mehtoo.

How is nas overated? Son got unreleased tracks better then a whole lotta rapper's catalogs...

Jay-Z
Lupe
Em
Wayne
Budden
Biggie (on NT)
Tupac
Drake/Wale/Cudi/Kanye/other lames NT rides
Andre 3000
Cee-Lo
Ross/50 cent/the majority of the mainstream/south

many more

thats not an overrated rappers list.
thats an anti-NT list.

how is lupe overrated? dudes past 2 albums have been nothing short of quality music. and how you put Biggie overrated only on niketalk?

lame !%# list
smh.gif
laugh.gif

and another thing, why the hell does everyone call RD jays only good work? its obvious that RD is a classic album, but dudes musta forgotten that jays impactcame after RD. the big pimpin albums, the "is that yo chick" and "can i get a" era, the blueprint "takeover". combined, these arethe works that made jay the rapper he is.

i bet almost every hater online that hates on Jay has listen to H to the izzo and followed the chorus word for word.

i also bet you've probably been guilty of quoting jay by rapping out "jigga, whats my mother +!#**#@ name. Jigga, now who im rollin with huh?"

dudes get really lame when they try to sound all superior online. but when it comes down to it, you dudes were just like everyone else back in the early2000's.

some people try too hard to be different. I ENJOY JAYS MUSIC, i also enjoy Nas, Kanye, Lupe, and Drake. do i obsess over them? no, but i am not afraid orashamed to admit when an artist has an ENTIRE catalogue of good music.

if anything, Joe budden and camron are overrated. ill blast Killa on his good joints, but some dudes take dipset too seriously.
and as faras Joe, im still waiting on something good, i havent heard any real bangers since Mood music

Originally Posted by bilbo07

Vinnie Paz sucks.

QFT
I swear some ppl are just anti- everything for the sake of it...
some of these posts are
laugh.gif
able
I dont even listen to the radio and get alot of the rappers that are on the radio but to just outright hate is
sick.gif

I mean alot of Underground heads just seem to gravitate toward the most obscure unlistenable trash and dudes herald it as if its the best work of art.

Underground Dudes be the most off beat, no flow at all, overrated lyrics havin #+# rappers and dudes fans will come out and say some off the wall Vinnie Paz/MfDoom > Jay, Big, Nas, Pun and whatever hot rapper is out type stuff
sad thing about the underground though I see all this footage of dudes doing shows all over the place and getting all this praise from coast to coast and havethe the most non existant buzz

don't get me wrong Im no 106 head but I try t give Jack his Jacket and to hate on someone because of their success and just hate is artard status IMO

End Rant
my vote goes to a good chunk of the Underground (which can do no wrong)
laugh.gif
and Weezy ( I know its blasphemy to put them in the same sentence, forgive me almighty, REAL Hip Hop heads....
roll.gif

Nas is overrated...black album is the only appealing jay z album....I can't believe the words im reading here. Two artist who have two of the mostrespected classic albums, "reasonable doubt" and "illmatic" plus still prevelent today making music. Def not their best work but it is goodand people are saying their overrated. Wow just wow

Originally Posted by jawnyquest

%%*@ nas
who are you?
You still mad because of Ether? Jay Z is cool in my book..Nas is better..Its a known fact..Some things, you just gotta let go and accept
grin.gif

laugh.gif
@ everyone giving useless rants at my post. Hop off. Everyone on that list is overrated. Stop defaulting to the lame "underground rap sucks/vinniepaz sucks" because you can't argue anything else.

Lames.

Originally Posted by LuigiTheKing

The only truly overrated rapper I can think of is Lil Wayne. He is maaaaaaaaaaad overrated.

All these other people you guys are listing, such as Nas, Hov, Em, Lupe etc. Are not overrated. They are all very talented and have a ton of lyrical ability/talent to make good music. People claiming these greats to be overrated probably simply don't like that rapper, and if you don't enjoy a rapper that everyone else considers to be great, then you'll think they're overrated.

Most of the people being listed deserve to be considered great.

Originally Posted by AiRodney23

Cee-Lo
I'd like a succinct, conscise explanation on this one, please.

I probably should have added "on NT" but we have dudes here holding him up lyrically as being equal to some of the greatest to ever do it. He's not bad, especially for a southern rapper, but he doesn't hold a candle to a lot of the dudes he's being compared with. His two solo albums were meh too.

Eh, not even gonna argue cuz it's just gonna turn into a flame war. Just gonna agree to disagree, I'm honestly not up on most of the artists you post.

His two solo joints are definitely better than some damn "meh", though. IMO, at least.

Back
Top Bottom