Movie, album or tv show that had the components for greatness, but failed?

Does "failed" mean the show/movie failed on it's own? Or it failed because it was cancelled?
Because Arrested Development and Freaks and Geeks did not fail, they were just cancelled unfairly.

The Black Donnellys was one of the shows that came to mind, didn't have the best acting but I would have loved to see a few more seasons to see what stories they could have told.

Originally Posted by scshift

Lupe-Lasers.jpg

I liked the album, but I was expecting it to be classic Lupe lyrics over better, more creative beats. In my opinion, the beats weren't very good in his previous albums (which is one of the reasons I like his mixtapes more), so I was hoping for Lasers to be some kind of updated Lupe. The album was different but it was still alright.

tired.gif
tired.gif

damb, lupe...

Detroit 187 and Chicago Code
indifferent.gif
failed cuz of ratings, both shows were great
frown.gif

Lost season 6
30t6p3b.gif
, made seasons 1-5 seem pointless

Human Target filled a gaping hole once 24 was over, guess I was the only one who watched it

Originally Posted by MrONegative

Originally Posted by supahoopa

Originally Posted by Brandon3000

SBJ201012060301-3.jpg

eek.gif
 man.. my dude has this im gonna have to go get it from him

Serious co-sign. That show was Oz for football. NFL are punks for getting it cancelled.
30t6p3b.gif
Damn, forgot all about this. Def had the makings of a great show and it was on ESPN so it was somethin different to look forward to on the network. I'm gon go w/
the4400.gif

I swear after Isabelle was born I knew this show was picking up steam but it didn't go anywhere and got the axe
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Does "failed" mean the show/movie failed on it's own? Or it failed because it was cancelled?
Because Arrested Development and Freaks and Geeks did not fail, they were just cancelled unfairly.

The Black Donnellys was one of the shows that came to mind, didn't have the best acting but I would have loved to see a few more seasons to see what stories they could have told.
Burn After Reading would be a classic example.  It had Brad Pitt, George Clooney, John Malkovich and others acting, with the Coen brothers directing/writing.  But it sucked monkey b a l l s! 

Originally Posted by jimmybeanz

Burn After Reading would be a classic example.  It had Brad Pitt, George Clooney, John Malkovich and others acting, with the Coen brothers directing/writing.  But it sucked monkey b a l l s! 

Burn after reading
pimp.gif
Its comedy gold.

Arrested Development was one the greatest comedies and shows ever.....sad it got cancelled....Im just waiting for the movie

Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip

Great cast, great idea, Aaron Sorkin...and it failed miserably.

I came in here to post this, I liked the show.

Should have been on HBO or Showtime.

Originally Posted by Sellout

Originally Posted by jimmybeanz

Burn after reading
pimp.gif
Its comedy gold.
I wouldn't call it comedy gold, but I did enjoy this movie thoroughly.
Personally, I wouldn't call this a failure, just a really big disappointment, I feel Melancholia was a huge let down. The cinematography was most excellent though
pimp.gif

$200+ million production budget and $150+ million spent on a global marketing campaign (advertising numbers vary depending on what source you use). Global box office gross barely broke $200 million.
A-List cast (Reynolds, Lively, Sarsgaard, Robbins, Bassett and Strong), solid SPX and it already had an inherit (albeit smaller than Batman or Superman) fan base. The film was suppose to usher in a start to other superhero features like the Flash or Wonder Woman and possibly a JLA flick. WB is probably going to move further with development of those projects, but talk about a potential harbinger of doom.

dno77s.jpg

illmatic, you might as well have just said DC outside of Batman (and only recently).
laugh.gif

georgehimself wrote:
kings-show.jpg

What we got was good and cancelled way too soon. It could've been great.
30t6p3b.gif

Oh god, how could I forget Green Lantern when it was the biggest failure of this year (so far).

TBH, the film looked like !!+* from the trailers and everything else.

Mad corny if you ask me.

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

Detroit 187 and Chicago Code
indifferent.gif
failed cuz of ratings, both shows were great
frown.gif

Lost season 6
30t6p3b.gif
, made seasons 1-5 seem pointless

Human Target filled a gaping hole once 24 was over, guess I was the only one who watched it

i watched detroit 187 for a couple of episodes but it was to real for me.. 
i think i was depressed when i heard chicago code was going off

Back
Top Bottom