Movie, album or tv show that had the components for greatness, but failed?

I remember Fastlane I was like 10 lmao that was before I knew Bill Bellamy from "How to be a Player"
I remember PlayMakers, never knew why it got canceled until I saw this. (I was young then too)
and The Black Donnely's had a lot of potential and then all of the sudden it just stopped coming on
frown.gif

Originally Posted by VoidEmperor

Oh god, how could I forget Green Lantern when it was the biggest failure of this year (so far).

TBH, the film looked like !!+* from the trailers and everything else.

Mad corny if you ask me.

Arrested Development was great idk why it was canceled.
Heroes had so much potential
Prison break had great potential but it got old fast
The last airbender had great potential, just a bad director.

Originally Posted by IheartDrums

Personally i dont think it was a failure. The entire season is amazing. Wish it could have continued. 

QFT...Could have been a successful as Wonder Years.

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

$200+ million production budget and $150+ million spent on a global marketing campaign (advertising numbers vary depending on what source you use). Global box office gross barely broke $200 million.
A-List cast (Reynolds, Lively, Sarsgaard, Robbins, Bassett and Strong), solid SPX and it already had an inherit (albeit smaller than Batman or Superman) fan base. The film was suppose to usher in a start to other superhero features like the Flash or Wonder Woman and possibly a JLA flick. WB is probably going to move further with development of those projects, but talk about a potential harbinger of doom.

dno77s.jpg

I enjoyed this over Thor.

Originally Posted by RaWeX05

$200+ million production budget and $150+ million spent on a global marketing campaign (advertising numbers vary depending on what source you use). Global box office gross barely broke $200 million.
A-List cast (Reynolds, Lively, Sarsgaard, Robbins, Bassett and Strong), solid SPX and it already had an inherit (albeit smaller than Batman or Superman) fan base. The film was suppose to usher in a start to other superhero features like the Flash or Wonder Woman and possibly a JLA flick. WB is probably going to move further with development of those projects, but talk about a potential harbinger of doom.

I thought it sucked for the simple fact Ryan Reynolds was in it as a super hero

Arrested Development was great idk why it was canceled.

Wasn't really a network television kind of show, if it were on HBO it would have gone on for many more seasons.

Originally Posted by RaWeX05

dno77s.jpg

I watched this the other day at home.  I had no expectations, and considering I heard how horrible it was, I was actually suprised.  It was not as bad as I expected...and it may have been better than Thor.

No talk of Transformers? I grew up watching the cartoons and these movies are a hot mess!

Originally Posted by xGOx

No talk of Transformers? I grew up watching the cartoons and these movies are a hot mess!

It was Michael Bay, random hot $+$!# and the kid from Even Stevens...that's components for greatness?
grin.gif

Originally Posted by p0tat0 5alad

heroes.jpg

MrONegative wrote:
http://www.abload.de/img/...-season-6-postere5hn.jpg src="http://www.abload.de/img/lost-season-6-postere5hn.jpg">
Lost Season 6
nerd.gif

dno77s.jpg

heroes.. no need to explain

last season of lost, made me regret the amount of time i spent reading up and trying to pay attention to the details of the show

green lantern.. should have just done the green lantern cartoon "first flight" that was released somewhat recently

and i'll add tron legacy to the mix.. i don't think it was bad.. but it easily could have been a WHOLE lot better.. things just get weird from the night club scene

50267036918441039265.jpg

What a steaming pile of crap. I've never been so disappointed in a move ever.

xxl-murder-inc.jpg

I was bummed the album with all 3 of them never dropped in the late 90's

I am still mad at this %+#$+%@% ending

Seriously what happened Rae?

What the hell where you thinking Lucas?

You followed up Doggystyle with this??

Seriously after watching planet terror and awesome made up movies why would you follow up with this?

Originally Posted by xGOx

In retrospect, when I look at Bay's Transformers as a whole, I believe he did a great job. The cartoons (as far as I can remember) were never that deep and had very simple plots. I mean they were meant for kids for goodness sake. Maybe the comic books had much better stories, but as a whole, it's really tough to reinvent the mythology.
I'm interested to see how another director interprets the series and hope that they can inject a better storyline than Bay did, but IMO that's going to be a tall order.

And really, I can't say a trilogy that grossed over $2.5 billion (which each film grossing more than the previous) worldwide as a failure.

Back
Top Bottom