MoviePass Offers $10 A Month Subscription Service

I got into a argument last night with the guy who tears the ticket.. He torn my ticket stub in half.. Movie pass better accept my ticket stub..

Did it have the name of the movie or anything significant on it?

I normally take a quick pic after I get the ticket out the kiosk, because I realized after they rip it in half a lot of times you barely have anything on the ticket.

They have 3 million customers I think it's random they would actually try to look at your stub and what you submitted.

Haven had this issue yet but sometimes unfold the ticket and stub and take the pic before they even rip it.

Did it have the name of the movie or anything significant on it?

I normally take a quick pic after I get the ticket out the kiosk, because I realized after they rip it in half a lot of times you barely have anything on the ticket.

They have 3 million customers I think it's random they would actually try to look at your stub and what you submitted.

I'm going to start ripping the ticket myself from now on..

if there is an AMC w/ IMAX nearby, i would likely switch

i'm also at citywalk at least once a month and that is probably one of the nicest (if not the best) theaters i've been to and an imax 3d ticket there is $25+ already and being able to go there once in a while would be nice

then again i do still have to go through all these :lol: good thing they don't expire
1.jpg
whats a black ticket?

I think you can get them at Costco. Discounted tickets you can use anytime.

I got the e-mail about the update for MoviePass

So does that mean that I would have been charged $2 to $6 for Jurassic World the first weekend? I'm not sure how well that will work. Then from reading it it seems like they tell you they're going to charge you for what movies, but you can see another movie. So do they go ahead and pay the full price and then bill me for the charge to my credit card on file? How do they make up these rules? Do they just sit in a board room one day and discuss ideas. I'd rather you just charge me $14.99 or $17.99 a month than this $2 to $6 charge.

I agree, it seems so weird and odd.

I guess I would have to wait to morning screenings or midweek shows to avoid the extra fee. And the bring the friend option is horrible. From what I read, you pay your friends ticket via the app and it loads up two tickets? I do hope this is just for the summer or something because I think they will lose some subscribers.

Then what’s the point of the bring a friend option? Couldn’t they just buy a ticket themselves through fandango or something?

there better be a warning or a flag just from checking the app whether that particular film will charge extra, i am going to be heated if i all of a sudden get extra charge without any notice or warning

if they are going to charge extra for the most popular films aka whatever the biggest blockbuster is then they should just lift the see the movie once restriction, they'll make more money if people wants to see Infinity War 10 times and they can charge $2 extra for each of those viewings

people are still just going to buy tix for another film and sneak in to what they've already seen anyways but at least that dumb restrictions gone

i mean so if a blockbuster remains in the top 5 of the box office for a month means they'll keep charging extra for that film as long as they deem it "popular"? it can get really ridiculous with these new dumb rules they're making and just gon' make the alternative looking better and better

Things can change. They've shown that **** isnt set in stone when it comes to them.

If amc is doing that 3moviea a week for 20 a month I’m all in. I love the AMC, great sound and alright seats.

If moviepass does something with allowing imax and Dolby then I’ll just stick to that. Might just get both :lol:

Your AMC must be amazing. My AMC does not care much about aspect ratios, or sound its always too low, and back in my youth working at a movie theater, they need to change their bulbs alot more. I go to AMC a lot simply because its near my house.

Depending on how MoviePass pans out in the next few months I would consider going to AMC if they had a group plan for like...$30. I have two MoviePass', one for wife and me, but I do not like the potential Peak Pricing, as I go usually Thursdays at the sneak events.

They should do Peak Pricing if you want to see 3D or IMAX versions, not on what time you go.

i mean so if a blockbuster remains in the top 5 of the box office for a month means they'll keep charging extra for that film as long as they deem it "popular"? it can get really ridiculous with these new dumb rules they're making and just gon' make the alternative looking better and better

This is what I want to know. The specifics. You can't see Ant Man & Wasp the first day, the first weekend, after 6pm?

This makes me want to join AMC, because I know I won't have to deal with rule changes every other month.

Last edited:
Your AMC must be amazing. My AMC does not care much about aspect ratios, or sound its always too low, and back in my youth working at a movie theater, they need to change their bulbs alot more. I go to AMC a lot simply because its near my house.

Depending on how MoviePass pans out in the next few months I would consider going to AMC if they had a group plan for like...$30. I have two MoviePass', one for wife and me, but I do not like the potential Peak Pricing, as I go usually Thursdays at the sneak events.

They should do Peak Pricing if you want to see 3D or IMAX versions, not on what time you go.

Yeah, my AMC is like his, offers Dolby, IMAX, 3D.

Recliner reserved seating and alcohol.

The only real complaint is the food. That's why Movie Pass comes in handy because I can use it at the restaurant theaters.

Yeah my amc's are trash.

JUST CANCELLED MY MOVIEPASS. NOT WORTH IT TO ME ANYMORE. TOO MANY RULES AND HOOPS NOW.
You should at least wait until the rules are in full effect and see how it works out.

I don't think all that peak movie **** will last.

Unless they think the bring a friend and family bonuses will balance out their losses.

So instead of catching a movie on An early Friday or Saturday like I usually do I'll have to push it an additional week to avoid this completely?

Will see how this works out.

I didnt go this past weekend since I had no interest in JW. Now I might just bundle that to also catch Sicario and w/e else is out.

Back
Top Bottom