MoviePass Offers $10 A Month Subscription Service

Need to see what Regal Cinemas does since I'm already a member.

MP is done, the fact that they slandered critics and then made a bunch of people sign up for RT and then up vote Gotti and that animal movie, was the nail in the coffin.

that was obviously a last ditch effort to save themselves

Nobody or any other service hasn't touched the coverage that MP has got. These theatre subscription services will fail much harder because nobody is talking about them and what they offer is BS.

Nobody or any other service hasn't touched the coverage that MP has got. These theatre subscription services will fail much harder because nobody is talking about them and what they offer is BS.

No they won't.
MP is essentially the napster in all this. Its definitely never gonna be forgotten that they started it and changed how the business moves, but they clearly have poor business practices in general. They bought in on Gotti and then pushed it on their app, so essentially they are paying twice for something and not getting any profit, what did it make?? 1.7 mill?

Thats like paying for a pizza and then not eating itand paying again for someone else to eat, but then that they don't want to eat it.

I really should've gotten in on MP from the jump:smh:

That's a failed investment for sure but has nothing to do with the service itself.

AMC isnt gonna bring folks in numbers like that. $20 a month plus tax for 3 movies for one person is trash. Cinemark has their trash service too.

MP with its upcoming features is gon be unbeatable once they roll em out

That's a failed investment for sure but has nothing to do with the service itself.

AMC isnt gonna bring folks in numbers like that. $20 a month plus tax for 3 movies for one person is trash. Cinemark has their trash service too.

MP with its upcoming features is gon be unbeatable once they roll em out

My point is that soon enough people won't have a choice but to line up for these other services.
That failed investment just did them in. The company financially wasn't in a good place to begin with.
This was clearly a last ditch effort, and they lost more money with it. After they lost money they decided to pretty much talk trash about every critic that didn't like the movie and then tried to rig RT audience scores in their favor. They pretty much got caught for doing the same thing that hate groups have been doing for whatever reason. You don't get up from that.
Whoever is the next company(Regal Cinemas) could come in with a waaaay better deal then AMC, and essentially they could battle it out. Whats to stop the theater chains from just blocking MP? They could just say they don't want to honor a company that tries to cheat the system.

My point is that soon enough people won't have a choice but to line up for these other services.
That failed investment just did them in. The company financially wasn't in a good place to begin with.
This was clearly a last ditch effort, and they lost more money with it. After they lost money they decided to pretty much talk trash about every critic that didn't like the movie and then tried to rig RT audience scores in their favor. They pretty much got caught for doing the same thing that hate groups have been doing for whatever reason. You don't get up from that.
Whoever is the next company(Regal Cinemas) could come in with a waaaay better deal then AMC, and essentially they could battle it out. Whats to stop the theater chains from just blocking MP? They could just say they don't want to honor a company that tries to cheat the system.

I think you're overestimating how much they put into Gotti. It was a low 7 figure deal and nobody cares about them talking bad about the critics. Was far from a last ditch effort as they just announced a movie division from the parent company. And AMC already tried blocking moviepass and failed to do so.

I've had MP since August. As soon as they dropped that first yearly deal for $80 or whatever it was I jumped on it right away. I've seen 19 movies. Most of the blockbuster movies I still saw on opening day. I put like 6 of my co-workers on and we've been mobbing to the movies ever since. I usually don't buy concessions but I figured with the money I'm saving i'll splurge every now and then. As soon as MP decides to let you watch a movie more than once again and they have a family plan or a +1 plan we all gonna flourish :pimp:

family plan and bring a friend coming, along with imax/3d options. Their dev team must be trash :lol: ... That's the only reason why I could think that's why it's taking so long to roll em out.

Some of you condemning AMC, you guys know it's 3 movies a week allowing you to see IMAX and 3D. That's not bad at all. One Dolby or IMAX movie cost around that $20 at night.

I go to AMC a lot and they have a good theater here with the reclining and reserved seats. But we also have Regal,Cinemark and a couple of restaurant theaters.

What AMC is offering is far better than what Cinemark and Shapiro or whatever that other company is called offers.

Some of you condemning AMC, you guys know it's 3 movies a week allowing you to see IMAX and 3D. That's not bad at all. One Dolby or IMAX movie cost around that $20 at night.

I go to AMC a lot and they have a good theater here with the reclining and reserved seats. But we also have Regal,Cinemark and a couple of restaurant theaters.

What AMC is offering is far better than what Cinemark and Shapiro or whatever that other company is called offers.

My problem with it is that the AMC here is pretty much the very last theater I go to. About the only time I go is for IMAX, which is nice, but not a must have type of thing. With that said, if there was a closer/nicer AMC I'd probably jump. Really looking forward to whatever MP decides to roll out as the alternative.

The problem is that it's only AMC. I have way more cinemark and regals that are near me and are better overall. And many of these amc's near me don't have the recliners and still aren't as up to date as the others.

It basically comes down to if you want to watch many movies in standard format or if you like to watch a few movies in premium format.

AMC here is straight.

If Movie Pass didn't exist I would gladly take that deal.

I've seen Avengers, Black Panther, Ready Player One in IMAX in the past couple of months. And I'm sure I will see Jurassic World in IMAX, because there's no other way to see CGI dinosaurs since that's the best part of the movies.

Idk but I don't think mp can sustain their model like cinemas can. Data might not be enough to profit off of.

If cinemas copy mp's model they can recoup off of concessions.

Well these teatres already have their models which aside from amc's are trash, and data is expensive bruh.

The amc nearby is meh, if it had better premium screens, would've considered it.

Btw, enjoyed Incredibles.

I make sure to tell the cashier to put my e-ticket from mp on my B&B account.

Every $100 spent (add up the ticket price which is usually 10 and change) you get a $5 voucher.

So if I ever want to see a movie on the Grand Screen I'll use the voucher. Also have $2 off every Tuesday.

I have seen 51 movies via MoviePass. Just saw Incredibles 2 last night, and plan on seeing Jurassic World tonight.

I think Sinemia is the only other option than MoviePass. It costs more, but what I like is the ability to reserve/order ticket ahead of time.

I don't care much for 3D, nor IMAX, because no IMAX theater is really an IMAX theater. Looking forward to the Family Plan/Bring A Friend options for MoviePass, since I am paying for one and my wifes'.

I'm not sure if I even have an AMC theater anywhere near me. Plus $10 a month>>

I sneak in food/candy so I don't even bother with the concession stand

Back
Top Bottom