Moving to a new country/state while young Vol. change of scenery

I'm from the South, I'm moving to the east-coast because of work.

I interned on Wall Street and will work there full-time starting this summer, so obviously I have to relocate to NYC.

It was tough at first. NYC is 10x faster then any southern city I've lived in. The people are a bit ruder, but I got used to it and I love it.
It's a lot easier to relocate when you are forced too and when you have an established network of people. I knew some people from my city who would be working on the street so I had a few friends going into my internship. Also, the network I established as an intern is fairly strong so I should be good to go as a FT employee.
pimp.gif

I think the hardest move for me was the move to college. Going from having numerous friends to having 0 friends is a terrible feeling. You basically have to start from square one. The good news is, you can reinvent yourself in your new location
laugh.gif

I'm in the same boat.  I love to travel and spend most of my free time planning trips.  I just graduated college last week and am seriously considering attending grad school abroad.  I think being a military brat has created this undying need to "start over."  I'm going solo to Tokyo in April, then backpacking in Europe in May.  Has anyone traveled abroad on their own ?   

I'm in the same boat.  I love to travel and spend most of my free time planning trips.  I just graduated college last week and am seriously considering attending grad school abroad.  I think being a military brat has created this undying need to "start over."  I'm going solo to Tokyo in April, then backpacking in Europe in May.  Has anyone traveled abroad on their own ?   

I want to do something like this, but I think I'm gonna take small steps. Graduating High School this upcoming May and I'm staying in state for college. Going to one of the most diverse schools in the nation (UAB) and gonna try to study abroad. Then hopefully I'll travel after I graduate.

I want to do something like this, but I think I'm gonna take small steps. Graduating High School this upcoming May and I'm staying in state for college. Going to one of the most diverse schools in the nation (UAB) and gonna try to study abroad. Then hopefully I'll travel after I graduate.

I really plan on doing it in a month & half....change of scenery is much needed, expierence new people and things.

I really plan on doing it in a month & half....change of scenery is much needed, expierence new people and things.

Moved to Guam from the Philippines at the age of 4.

Moved to San Diego, CA from Guam at the age of 16 (before Senior year of high school to get state residency for college)

I, too, want to experience life completely away from family for a year or two to experience life just with myself after college. Somewhere big and busy like New York, Tokyo, Paris, or Hong Kong to broaden my horizons and be truly independent for once in my life. Pretty out of reach though due to cost constraints and some other issues that is holding me back.

Moved to Guam from the Philippines at the age of 4.

Moved to San Diego, CA from Guam at the age of 16 (before Senior year of high school to get state residency for college)

I, too, want to experience life completely away from family for a year or two to experience life just with myself after college. Somewhere big and busy like New York, Tokyo, Paris, or Hong Kong to broaden my horizons and be truly independent for once in my life. Pretty out of reach though due to cost constraints and some other issues that is holding me back.

Back
Top Bottom