Muhammad Ali GIF?

Originally Posted by CaponeCartels

I'd say Duran a has a very good case of being in the top 10 of all time for a few reasons.

He ruled the lightweight division in the 70's, and only suffered one loss to De Jesus( which he avenged twice.)
He then moves up in weight and beats perhaps the 2nd best welterweight in Sugar Ray Leonard while Leonard is
in his prime. he strings along some more wins in Moore, Barkley, Cuevas, and produces a pretty good showing against
the great Marvin Hagler all while being 20 pounds north of his ideal weight and being in his mid 30's.

and only being KO'd once against Hearns, who was a physical freak at 147.

I have no qualmes with Duran in the top 10, none at all, where he'd be placed though is a little difficult anywhere from 4-10 I could see an arguement for,I couldn'tcomfortably place him in that same conversation/category of being better than Mr. Ali, only two names should be mentioned with his both Lenardand Louis.

Originally Posted by SNEAKHER

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

He was fighting Floyd Patterson... and the .gif is supposed to signify a person reaching or failing
That is Ernie Terrell in that gif. Not the Rabbit.

Yea you're right I had to re-look at the .gif again, I remember him dodging floyd in similiar fashion as well, so I tweeked.

I couldn'tcomfortably place him in that same conversation/category of being better than Mr. Ali, only two names should be mentioned with his both Lenard and Louis.
I hope you meant Robinson, and for a P4P list, I'd put Louis around top 25-35.
When you rate heavyweights on a P4P list it gets a little hazy, since they really had only one weight they could fight at,
whereas the lower ones you can have multiple jumps in weight.

Duran is probably #5 or 6 on my list, and Ali around 8 or 9.
One other thing, I'd have no problem at all if people put Greb or Langford at #1, which to me are
really the only threats to SRR spot.

Terrell had to know that if he had come in a little closer that Ali wouldve easily countered with an uppercut

Originally Posted by Club29

Terrell had to know that if he had come in a little closer that Ali wouldve easily countered with an uppercut
Idk... Ali really didn't throw uppercuts, seems to me terrell was just outclassed from the get go.
too fast, too smart, too everything.

you watch boxing? thought you only watched MMA.

Idk... Ali really didn't throw uppercuts, seems to me terrell was just outclassed from the get go.

I try to keep up with a little bit of everything, but MMA is definitely my forte'.

pimp.gif
the best

I try to keep up with a little bit of everything, but MMA is definitely my forte'.
what do u think about a possible match up between Lesnar and Fedor?

ive been asked this alot, and if there was ANY time to get Fedor over with the american audience, it would be right now.

Most fans bought into Lesnars antics as this super-heel, and whoever can topple this guy will be an instant star.

As far as the actual fight, I think Fedors sub game and tactical knowledge would be a bit too much for Lesnar to handle.

Not to mention Fedors KO power, and we saw in the last Mir fight that Lesnars chin is a little suspect.

it would be an interesting fight, thats for damn sure.

ive been asked this alot, and if there was ANY time to get Fedor over with the american audience, it would be right now.

Most fans bought into Lesnars antics as this super-heel, and whoever can topple this guy will be an instant star.

As far as the actual fight, I think Fedors sub game and tactical knowledge would be a bit too much for Lesnar to handle.

Not to mention Fedors KO power, and we saw in the last Mir fight that Lesnars chin is a little suspect.

What do you mean there? I haven't seen the fight, so I wouldn't really know...

I couldn'tcomfortably place him in that same conversation/category of being better than Mr. Ali, only two names should be mentioned with his both Lenard and Louis.
When you rate heavyweights on a P4P list it gets a little hazy, since they really had only one weight they could fight at,

One other thing, I'd have no problem at all if people put Greb or Langford at #1, which to me are

Definitely meant Robinson, typo thinking about the Lenard Duran fight. I understand you placing a lot of emphasis on the ability to jump wieght classes andstill do wonders but WOW at having Ali around 8-9 I've never seen/heard of him ranked that low EVER.

What do you mean there? I haven't seen the fight, so I wouldn't really know...

mir hit him with a knee and in the post fight interview brock admitted that he was out for a couple of seconds

isn't fedor's contract w/affliction up this year? if so ufc's gonna get him, and as dana white said he's gonna fight lesnar. ican't wait. fedor is a monster.

Definitely meant Robinson, typo thinking about the Lenard Duran fight. I understand you placing a lot of emphasis on the ability to jump wieght classes and still do wonders but WOW at having Ali around 8-9 I've never seen/heard of him ranked that low EVER.

I wouldn't say that's low, it's very good for a heavyweight.
Could you post your top 10 list, if you don't mind?

Originally Posted by cs02132

mir hit him with a knee and in the post fight interview brock admitted that he was out for a couple of seconds

Thanks explaining that for me.

They referred to his performance as inhumane considering that he litterally made dude suffer for almost 10 rounds refusing to knock him out, punishing him right to the point that the next blow would sit him down for the count and then stoping to ask him "What's My Name?!?!?!"
this was in the movie---it was because he called him 'Clay' in the press conference, right??
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by OneLifeLoveKing

Originally Posted by throwedyonasb

is he on fight night??? this dude has the quickest counters
eek.gif
word let me know if he's on fightnight because i gotta get that game back from my boy then.

This dude just became one of my fav boxers. speeeed
pimp.gif

i laughed when i seen this u must not watch boxing at all

Back
Top Bottom