Must see/do in Washington DC

goin there for a few days and just lookin for tips on what to do or see when there.......

Yep depends. You going with family? Wanna visit Monuments and Museums?

Or you wanna hit some bars?

If there on a Sunday and it's nice, check out the drum circle at Malcolm X/Meridian Hill Park from 3-7pm

Originally Posted by Jking0821

Ben's Chili Bowl

went there for the first time last month...
it was... ok...
but i mean just to say you went there is enough at least...

for a place to eat...
Ray's Hell Burger... try one of the $16-$17 burgers... there's only 2... they're both bangin...

It's right across the bridge in arlington/roslyn(sp)
gtown for shopping i guess
a stroll along the potomac
and visit the potus

In before the mods lock it, they never MOVE the threads to where they should be.

When will you get here?

Ben's CHilli Bowl is more of a historical landmark than good food. I have been living here all of my life and I still have no urge to eat there. Overpriced.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

In before the mods lock it, they never MOVE the threads to where they should be.

When will you get here?

Ben's CHilli Bowl is more of a historical landmark than good food. I have been living here all of my life and I still have no urge to eat there. Overpriced.
Agreed. Its nothing special aside from a historical landmark/tourist trap.

As a G-Town resident, aside from a couple places, there isnt much shopping here...a lot of stuff has closed up shop.

You should def go to the National Mall (Not a shopping place) to see all the monuments. PM if you need more advice I work in DC!

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

When will you get here?

+1 Walked in one day and pulled a Grandpa Simpson...no thank you.

Hit up the Museums.....Most if not all are free admission.

Co-Sign everyone elses questions
+ Adams Morgan for your late night festivities.... and ask the DMV forum... you'll get more help there
happy.gif

Originally Posted by popcornplaya

avoid native women at all costs.

laugh.gif
 Never been to Minneapolis but I am sure your women aren't seeing ours. Not including the rats, the DMV has top notch females. A lot of diversity.

1. Catch the Subway anywhere you can. Avoid driving downtown. You won't find parking. And it costs to park on Saturdays now. Do not drive downtown.
2. Here is a guide for tourist attractions. Very good breakdown. Search the whole site while you are at it - http://dc.about.com/od/to...s/tp/Top10ThingsToDo.htm
3. GTown is cool but it is nothing serious. The best part of G-Town to me is sitting near the Potomac River.
4. You can go to a free show (everyday at 6 PM) at the Kennedy Center. (Catch the Subway to Foggy Bottom and walk or catch a free shuttle there from Foggy Bottom)
5. I always was a fan of Wisconsin Avenue. I love walking up and down there. Nice hills, nice exercise, it just feels like you are out on the town. GTown gets the same feeling but Wisconsin is far less crowded. (Tenleytown Metro and just WALK until you can't walk anymore. Hell you can even walk to GTOWN from there.)
6. Old Town Alexandria is a nice spot. King Street Area. (Catch train to King Street)
7. The National Harbor. (It isn't Metro Accessible. Drive there, you have a GPS so I don't need to say where it is.) - 201 Waterfront Street, National Harbor, MD 20745
8. DC Females are vicious. Don't let Popcorn fool you
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 703 Hwy

Go see the Real World house!............sike lol
Does anyone know exactly where it is? I walked around DuPont (Pause) but I wasn't lOOKING for it. But I would have known if I saw it or not.

Originally Posted by Jking0821

Ben's Chili Bowl

Was there last week and went off the strength of hype...
sick.gif

Never again. Like 3.80$ for a dog? Hormel-esque Chili? *insert Senator Clay Davis's catchphrase*

U street is always poppin' though.

Originally Posted by popcornplaya

avoid native women at all costs.
this, that place is burnin worse then a african village.....and its been statstically proven.
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom