Must see Foreign Films??

^
laugh.gif

BTW, if anyone's seen it, how was "Waltz with Bashir?" I havent seen it yet, but it's sitting on my desktop.

Flammen & Citronen
36 Quai des Orfèvres
MR 73
Les Rivières Pourpres (The Crimson Rivers)
Nid de Guêpes (The Nest)
Le pacte des loups (Brotherhood of The Wolf)

Originally Posted by Kartoon2005

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

watched both of these back to back. both were really good. but then again, i watched them after "Los Bastardos" and a beheading would have been better to watch after that garbage.

Originally Posted by CWrite78

Originally Posted by TeeOh Owens

Los Bastardos - Mexican independent film. If you have netflix its on the instant stream.

moz-screenshot.png
70117638.jpg

the amount of terrible that this movie is cannot be described in one post alone.

i mean seriously.. %%%. you can't honestly tell me you enjoyed this crap.

laugh.gif
. hey man, either to hate or you like this movie just look at the reviews. Some people hated it and some people liked it.

I just finished watching Red Cliff by director John Woo. It's a historical war film that combines the flair in fighting movies like Hero with military strategy. If you do watch it go for the 2-part version and break it up over a couple of days.

I also watched Ong Bak 2 and it was a nice action flick if your looking for that.

Alright so straight up, Salo is the most disturbing thing I have ever watched. I am even including actual snuff films, like beheadings and such. It basically revolves around a bunch of teens being tortured in the most horrible, painful, disgusting and degrading ways that you can think of. It's pretty much like what I imagine a film directed by Jeffery Dahmer would be like. I really believe that every single person who took part in this film was scarred for life, especially the young adults, who look to be around 18. At one point (The Circle of "Poop"), I thought about just turning it off, but decided that maaaybe the film would have some kind of redeeming value. Nope. Don't watch this film.

I've seen:

Un prophete- must see
La haine- aight
This is England- pretty good
Looking for Eric- funny/cool
Sin Nombre-aight
The shinjuki(sp?)- never seen jackie chan like this, must see
city of god-must see
the devil's backbone-nice
spirited away- if you like anime, must see
akira- same as above^

about all i remember, somebody post more GOOD movies, thanks.

what the hell there is like two threads on foreign cinema

My recommendation...eat some shrooms and watch this

affiche.jpg

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Alright so straight up, Salo is the most disturbing thing I have ever watched. I am even including actual snuff films, like beheadings and such. It basically revolves around a bunch of teens being tortured in the most horrible, painful, disgusting and degrading ways that you can think of. It's pretty much like what I imagine a film directed by Jeffery Dahmer would be like. I really believe that every single person who took part in this film was scarred for life, especially the young adults, who look to be around 18. At one point (The Circle of "Poop"), I thought about just turning it off, but decided that maaaybe the film would have some kind of redeeming value. Nope. Don't watch this film.

Pretty much how I'd describe it. Except for a few snuff films I've seen that scarred me for life, this is the worst thing ever. By the end I just wanted it to end and I didnt care how, I was just happy it was over. The Circle of +*** was definitely the thing that put the movie past the point of redemption, which is kind of %@*$@% up considering what happened before it.

After I watched this movie, I felt bad for just having it on my computer. I legitimately wanted to clear it off as fast as I could, and never see another frame from that "movie" again. And I find it fitting that the director was murdered shortly after making this "movie."

Back
Top Bottom