My Boy is about to get fired Vol. Tell him or not?

So I hired this dude almost 2 years ago after I moved to the area. He was my first hire. We clicked because we were both from NY. He's an older dude though, 44 and I'm 26. So throughout this time, we ended up chilling outside of work. He was showing me the area/clubs/spots for clothes. I'd consider him more of a friend than an employee now.
This past year, I moved to another side of the house in my Organization and am no longer apart of the Management team. I am now the Lead Tech for the entire National Operation. Although I still have pull with that Management team, I really dont make any choices there as far as hire/fire go, but my roommate is apart of that team since I left. He let me know that this guy is getting fired today for multiple tardies. Dude CANNOT get into work on time. Late at least 3 times a week. He pulled this when I was on the Management team as well, but I'd always let it slide.

So with this information, I can either let him know whats going on and have him basically come in to quit himself, or I can let it rock and have him come in to get fired. From what I hear, he wont be eligible for unemployment once he gets fired. Now the problem with me telling him is, he has no idea that he's going to be fired and is content with his situation. If he just comes in to quit or doesn't show anymore, the Management team will know he got tipped off and they know my relationship with him as a friend. They'll immediately look at me and I don't need that.

Any votes on where to go with this?

So I hired this dude almost 2 years ago after I moved to the area. He was my first hire. We clicked because we were both from NY. He's an older dude though, 44 and I'm 26. So throughout this time, we ended up chilling outside of work. He was showing me the area/clubs/spots for clothes. I'd consider him more of a friend than an employee now.
This past year, I moved to another side of the house in my Organization and am no longer apart of the Management team. I am now the Lead Tech for the entire National Operation. Although I still have pull with that Management team, I really dont make any choices there as far as hire/fire go, but my roommate is apart of that team since I left. He let me know that this guy is getting fired today for multiple tardies. Dude CANNOT get into work on time. Late at least 3 times a week. He pulled this when I was on the Management team as well, but I'd always let it slide.

So with this information, I can either let him know whats going on and have him basically come in to quit himself, or I can let it rock and have him come in to get fired. From what I hear, he wont be eligible for unemployment once he gets fired. Now the problem with me telling him is, he has no idea that he's going to be fired and is content with his situation. If he just comes in to quit or doesn't show anymore, the Management team will know he got tipped off and they know my relationship with him as a friend. They'll immediately look at me and I don't need that.

Any votes on where to go with this?

shhh.jpeg

who do you work for and what do you do

sounds like its coming to bite you in the behind because when you were on the mgmt team you shoulda said something... you being quiet is doing him more harm than good now. id just tell him to start looking.

who do you work for and what do you do

sounds like its coming to bite you in the behind because when you were on the mgmt team you shoulda said something... you being quiet is doing him more harm than good now. id just tell him to start looking.

you shouldve layed down the rules when you was running the team back then. maybe he wouldnt be in this situation. aside from being late, was he productive?

you shouldve layed down the rules when you was running the team back then. maybe he wouldnt be in this situation. aside from being late, was he productive?

They will obviously know you told him if he doesn't show up or quits and that might bring problems to you so I would keep that information to myself

They will obviously know you told him if he doesn't show up or quits and that might bring problems to you so I would keep that information to myself

He wasn't late as much as he is now when I was there. I told him when I left, he needs to cut that out because I'm not going to have a say in the repercussions anymore.

Aside from being late, no, he's not productive in comparison to the rest of the team. When he started, yes he was, because he got a jump on everyone else. Now, they have lapped him.

He wasn't late as much as he is now when I was there. I told him when I left, he needs to cut that out because I'm not going to have a say in the repercussions anymore.

Aside from being late, no, he's not productive in comparison to the rest of the team. When he started, yes he was, because he got a jump on everyone else. Now, they have lapped him.

I'd stay quiet. If hes at least late 3 times a week, that's his personal problem (that's pretty damn excessive)

and that Facebook pic has nothing to do with the situation.

your trying too hard, ya troll

I'd stay quiet. If hes at least late 3 times a week, that's his personal problem (that's pretty damn excessive)

and that Facebook pic has nothing to do with the situation.

your trying too hard, ya troll

Companies don't fire people, people fire themselves.. He knew the rules and you told him to cut it out multiple times.. you did your part as a friend now he has to face the consequences. Honestly business is business so keep it to yourself unless you want to be end up on his end.

Companies don't fire people, people fire themselves.. He knew the rules and you told him to cut it out multiple times.. you did your part as a friend now he has to face the consequences. Honestly business is business so keep it to yourself unless you want to be end up on his end.

Originally Posted by RickyBattalion

Happens all the time. You have to FORCE EVERYONE to follow the same rules. There is a dude at my job who has a vehicle and is LATE like 50-75% of the time. Its a restaurant though so I guess it's whatever.
eyes.gif

Damn I gotta get me a better job where professionalism is alive and well.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by RickyBattalion

Happens all the time. You have to FORCE EVERYONE to follow the same rules. There is a dude at my job who has a vehicle and is LATE like 50-75% of the time. Its a restaurant though so I guess it's whatever.
eyes.gif

Damn I gotta get me a better job where professionalism is alive and well.
tired.gif

shhh ,be quiet,tonight is the night that we ride .thirty camoflage hummer wit #$%^%$ inside

wit choppas ,doing surgery on bodies dey doctors

shhh ,be quiet,tonight is the night that we ride .thirty camoflage hummer wit #$%^%$ inside

wit choppas ,doing surgery on bodies dey doctors

I was going to say to warn your boy but f it he brought this upon himself

dont know how people can be that dumb in this recession

I was going to say to warn your boy but f it he brought this upon himself

dont know how people can be that dumb in this recession

Don't say anything. They'll know that someone said something. Why are you looking out for him anyway? You told him before that he needs to stop and he continues to do it. Being late at least 3 times per week is a problem. On top of that you just said he's been lapped by everyone in terms of production. He's no longer an asset to the company.

Back
Top Bottom