My dog is passing away

Sorry to hear. There aren't any words of advice. **** is painful and a *****. Stay strong and I hope for the best. How did her spleen rupture?

My dog is currently going through chemotherapy, it's expensive has hell but I wasn't ready to put her down. She's too young and had too much life left. I took her in because she threw up a few days and stopped eating. They found out she had lymphoma and it was stage 5. Just the week before that we were going on runs and going to the park. Doctor called me at work saying she might have a month left because it was attacking her liver so badly. I broke down and cried at work. Haven't cried since 07. Here's some pics from this morning.

View media item 712630View media item 712631

I remember when my dog was sick and was passing. He always had such a huge appetite and for about a week, he would not eat at all. I'd cook him human food and give it to him and he'd just stare at it an resent it. Then I get the call from my mom one day and he passed in his sleep. He was all stiff and cold and you couldn't even close his eyes. It was just a real sad thing in general and I loved that dog to death.

I feel sorry for your situation. Not to be mean but the best way to get over this is to seriously just get another dog. Anyways...hope this day goes by for you.

My dog passed away around the time this video came out. It helped me a lot, for some reason I still watch it from time to time. Stay strong and remember you gave that dog the best home. He could have gone anywhere, but you were there to give him a full life. Make sure you just take a second and enjoy the last moments with him, not just by pictures, but just looking at him and holding him to make memories you can recall later.

Sorry ballerific703 to hear about your dog. My dog had a tumor erupt in her spleen which led to internal bleeding. Took her to the doctor sunday morning and they checked her out to see if she was eligible for surgery. Unfortunately she wasn't because of tumors in her chest and liver. I'm just happy to have had her for 11 amazing years and the fact that these past couple of days she was feeling better than ever and moving around great. Just to have her christmas morning was a blessing

On another note to all those out there with pets. I beg you to look into pet insurance. When I took my dog to the hope center in vienna I was up to 800 after 5 minutes being in there. If she was able to have the surgery that would have been over 8k. The pain of deciding on going through with the surgery (before I found out she wasn't eligible to have) because of the financial burden and the risk that it may not even work is to much for anyone to handle. I wouldn't wish that dilemma on anyone. So please look into as well as health insurance for yourself and loved ones.

^ yeah, that's the right way to look at it. Be thankful for those 11 years. That's a pretty good life. My dog is only six so I couldn't give up. I definitely regret not having pet insurance. If I ever get another dog, I will 10000% get insurance. Stay positive and God bless.

qstorm3 qstorm3 Sorry to hear that man. You're def. taking the right approach tho by focusing on the 11 year blessing that she has been to your life.

I, too, had a dog that wound up passing away at 11. Had him for 8 of those years, but he was a legit brother to me as he watched me grow from 7th grade until shortly after I hit 20. Hard to even type this in one sitting because I never got to properly say goodbye, but I would just say to really cherish the last ride(s) you guys take, just be with her til the end, as others have said. She's lucky to have had such a caring owner/parent/brother as yourself. Stay up man.

Sorry to hear. There aren't any words of advice. **** is painful and a *****. Stay strong and I hope for the best. How did her spleen rupture?

My dog is currently going through chemotherapy, it's expensive has hell but I wasn't ready to put her down. She's too young and had too much life left. I took her in because she threw up a few days and stopped eating. They found out she had lymphoma and it was stage 5. Just the week before that we were going on runs and going to the park. Doctor called me at work saying she might have a month left because it was attacking her liver so badly. I broke down and cried at work. Haven't cried since 07. Here's some pics from this morning.

View media item 712630View media item 712631
damn man pretty *** pit
looks so beautiful

whats up with all the cancers in dogs???
could it be the food we give them????

Sad, my little guy is 7 yo and I dredd this day when it comes. It's amazing how attached you get to your pets. So sorry to hear OP

Last edited by a moderator:
I think my dog is trying to send me to an early grave. One minute she'll be lying down looking not so good, then the next minute when I go near the treats or peanut butter she pops up like there's nothing wrong smh.

I'm sorry about the situation with your dog. I know I'll have to go through down the road with mine. :frown:

frown.gif

I think my dog is trying to send me to an early grave. One minute she'll be lying down looking not so good, then the next minute when I go near the treats or peanut butter she pops up like there's nothing wrong smh.

That's what makes is so damn hard!!! That's why I decided to give my dog the chemotherapy. She was way too happy for me to put down. She was running around and acting fine. Vet said she has a stupid high tolerance for pain so she would be normal up until her last few days.

As for the cancer in dogs. Supposedly grain is bad for dogs. I talked to a few vets and they've all said that its false. So who knows.

sorry to hear man. I'll never forget the day I lost mine. hold her as much as you can, I wish I was there to hold my dog when it passed away. just know they'll be in doggy heaven running around playing.

My next post may be from my dog saying that her owner died of a stroke. All morning and day my dog looks in rough shape. I've been feeding her treats, making sure she drank water, and observing her breathing (which wasn't sounding normal) My mom comes to the house and my dog is up, walking around, and barking. While walking my dog shortly after, she walks around like she's training for speed walking in the puppy olympics. This dog is doing numbers to my blood pressure but I love her even more. Here are 2 pics from yesterday of her.

Sounds like you're spending as much time as possible with her which is good

I had one dog die a natural death and my parents put the other one down so I know that feel OP

Hope everything ends up all right

Damn man sorry to hear that. My dog has arthritis and is gimpy. Still couldn't put her down tho. Parting wit an animal is hard as hell.

I know the feel man. My dog passed two years ago. Doctors said she had a growth or something inside her. Saddest day of my life this far. I wasn't there to tell her good bye; I had recently taken her back to my mom's house since my apartment complex was tripping about me having her. Moms took her to the vet and put her down. Vets said she was suffering, which is why i didn't ask to postpone it until i could make it home (2 hrs away). I don't think I've every cried as much in my life. Still shed a tear every now and then when I realize I'll never see her again. She was really my best friend, silly as it may seem to others.

Comfort her bruh. They love us more than we'll ever know. If I were you, I'd cancel all I had planned and just rub her tummy and play with her fur all day. Make sure that if she drifts off, she leaves in loving arms. That's what I would've done if I could've spent time with my Déjà in her last moments of life. :smh:

First time dog owner here (adopted) and he's turning 4. Despite him being relatively young, I dread the day too.

I hope you find peace and comfort when the day comes. Don't let her/him sense the sadness, be happy is all I can suggest, let that be her last memory of your family :D.

Sorry bro, I lost my cat of 11 years June (made a post on NT about it, which helped a lot with all the support) just remember the good times, and it will hurt in the beginning, but just know that it will get easier. Many blessings to you and everyone else who lost a pet.

Man lost my dog the same way :frown: .

Got her when I was 3 and she lived till my senior year of high school. Came home to let her out and I could tell something was really wrong with her... got teary eyed just looking at her. Took her to the vet the next day and found out, had to put her down then and there :smh: . Saddest moment of my life man :frown: . Glad to see your dog still at least looks energetic... Hardest part was def seeing mines running around the day before to struggling to get around with a sad look on her face.

It gets better after a few days, but it helps thinking about the good times. My fav moment had to be when she opened the screen door and came outside to sit beside me after this bad argument with my parents. Dog was always there to cheer us up :smokin

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom