My dog is passing away

I love all the dog pics really beautiful dogs. My dog is the rocky balboa of dogs or she's punking my mom and I. She had a really good day today and walked outside 4 times without any issues. She sleeps upstairs in the winter so I let her walk upstairs, but a couple of steps up she started breathing hard and strange which killed me. I really hope I didn't make a horrible decision but she seems ok as of right now. I just pray she doesn't pass away in her sleep.

seriously OP. Dog's are strong as hell and don't want you to see them in pain. Just do yourself a favor and spend as much time as you can with her.

Try to see if she shy's away from you.

sorry to hear op

a friend of mine left the country for good 2 months ago and had to leave his doberman at the local dog shelter.. dog just passed away a week ago cause of depression and just stopped/didnt want to eat anything :frown:

always remember good times with your dog op

I think today is the day. My dog was up fine this morning then my mom took her out for her morning walk and she just collapsed. She would not get up and we had to bring a car for her to get inside. She threw up twice and isn't eating. She has drank water quite well but doesn't have the strength to get up to go outside. I just keep hoping she'll just all of a sudden get up and be ok. I know I need to take her to the vet, but I know I won't be taking her home......

It's hard for me to even come in here because of my love for animals

Sorry OP; stay strong brother it's such a difficult thing to deal with

That's tough. The selfish side of me would hold the dog till at least New Years but the other side would just know now much of a pain that might be to the dog. That's a hard situation to do deal with. Good luck with everything.

oh man im so sorry to hear that i can even imagine going through this and i know that i will beyond heart broken when the time comes for my little Louie to leave hes a 5 year old puggle who is my heart 

i got him when he was 6 weeks old 

I took my dog to the vet not long ago. She had started breathing internally again, also her cancer seemed to have spread quickly as there was a growth on the left side of her mouth. We only had 2 options at that point. One was putting her down and the other was a cortisone shot which may have bought her a day or 2. We decided to put her down and I can selfishly say that I regret not getting the shot now. She wasn't in any pain but in the end I know it was the best for her. I just want to thank everyone from the bottom of my heart who posted a kind message or a story of their own pet. This was by far the hardest thing I've ever had to do, but feel so incredibly lucky that it wasn't suddenly and I had a week to say goodbye. I truly don't think I couldn't have gotten through it without everyone's kind words. So, I'd just like to say thank you, God bless, and may 2014 be amazing for each and everyone of you.

embarassed.gif

Stay up fam. Beautiful dog.

I took my dog to the vet not long ago. She had started breathing internally again, also her cancer seemed to have spread quickly as there was a growth on the left side of her mouth. We only had 2 options at that point. One was putting her down and the other was a cortisone shot which may have bought her a day or 2. We decided to put her down and I can selfishly say that I regret not getting the shot now. She wasn't in any pain but in the end I know it was the best for her. I just want to thank everyone from the bottom of my heart who posted a kind message or a story of their own pet. This was by far the hardest thing I've ever had to do, but feel so incredibly lucky that it wasn't suddenly and I had a week to say goodbye. I truly don't think I couldn't have gotten through it without everyone's kind words. So, I'd just like to say thank you, God bless, and may 2014 be amazing for each and everyone of you.

View media item 719085
RIP to your dog, she's gorgeous.

NT fam coming together when one truly needs it :pimp:. Hope you have a great 2014 as well.

We decided to put her down and I can selfishly say that I regret not getting the shot now. She wasn't in any pain but in the end I know it was the best for her.
Exactly man, you just gotta know in your heart that it was best for her.  I'm sure she would thank you for giving her a great life.  RIP
tired.gif

Last edited:
RIP to her, I know she's up there with all our dogs running around.

stay strong OP, don't be sad, be happy you owned one strong doggy.

Sorry for your loss OP. My dog is turning 15 (or 16...not sure need to trace it back) in February. I fear that this year will be her last, so I'm trying to prep myself for it the best I can. I know it's going to absolutely crush me though. :frown: I just pray she goes peacefully one night in her sleep.

sorry to hear that man,
just know your dog felt your pain and all doggs go to heaven.

i lost my dogg rocky. rip rocky

i know the feeling. condoleces to you n the fam

Had to put our family dog down back in 99..Me and moms took him to the vet cause he was in too much pain..But the last day he was alive he seemed like he was just fine, which made it that much harder..We both questioned our decision to put him to sleep for the next couple days..Then about 5 days later I was on break at work and read this clip from an Anne Landers advice column and it made me feel better..

DOGS DON'T HAVE SOULS, DO THEY?
I remember bringing you home. You were so small and cuddly with your tiny paws and soft fur. You bounced around the room with eyes flashing and ears flopping. Once in a while, you'd let out a little yelp just to let me know this was your territory.
Making a mess of the house and chewing on everything in sight became a passion and when I scolded you, you just put your head down and looked up at me with those innocent eyes as if to say: "I'm sorry, but I'll do it again as soon as you're not watching."
As you got older, you protected me by looking out the window and barking at everyone who walked by. When I had a tough day at work, you would be waiting for me with your tail wagging just to say, "Welcome home. I missed you." You never had a bad day and I could always count on you to be there for me.
When I sat down to read the paper and watch TV, you would hop on my lap looking for attention. You never asked for anything more than to have me pat your head so you could go to sleep with your head over my leg.
As you got older, you moved around more slowly. Then one day, old age finally took its toll, and you couldn't stand on those wobbly legs anymore. I knelt down and patted you lying there, trying to make you young again. You just looked up at me as if to say you were old and tired and that after all these years of not asking for anything, you had to ask me to do one last favor.
With tears in my eyes, I drove you one last time to the vet. One last time you were lying next to me. For some strange reason you were able to stand up in the animal hospital - perhaps it was your sense of pride.
As the vet led you away, you stopped for an instant, turned your head and looked at me as if to say: "Thank you for taking care of me."
I thought, "No - thank YOU for taking care of ME."

Ann replied: Dear Charles: What a beautiful tribute. Every person who has loved a pet will be deeply moved by what you have written. There is a moral here that should not be overlooked. When your faithful pet becomes old and sick, and life is no longer fun, but rather a painful burden, do your friend one last kindness. Relieve him or her of the misery. It is the last great act of compassion you can perform.

My parents had to put the old boy Rocky down a few weeks ago... He was like 15, Black Lab... Refused to be inside or even stay in the garage even when it was raining out and 35 degrees.  Hip issues and he was missing our other dog that passed 2 years ago.

I'd be absolutely sick if something happened to my pooch... Hes only a year and a half right now but it still makes me sick to think about losing him.

RIP to the pups lost NT.

View media item 719085

Sorry to pic quote but wanted her cute little face showing on this page. I'm glad you got to say your goodbyes. My condolences to you & your family.

Sorry for your loss. She has such a beautiful smile in that picture with the snowman toy. You can tell you gave her a happy life filled with love. My gf got this poem along side with a photo of her dog from her parents when her dog passed away. Hope it helps! View media item 719600

Back
Top Bottom