My Early NBA Mock Draft (First Round)

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

Originally Posted by yungmatt

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

His knock is his mentality and toughness...not his game.
Just to play devils advocate....How is toughness/mentality not a part of your 'game' ?

Maybe not your skillset, but definitely you're game.

And this is why Im saying it now and yall can quote me on this.... Greg Monroe will be a BUST at the next level.

And Im a fan of his game.
They said the same thing about Jeff...

Who said that??? Dig up a thread if you can

Like I said, his only problem is that hes soft as !+%%... Jeff aint never have that problem. Son looks like a mute out there thats just scared of theatmosphere hes in. I dont see how he can be scared now and all of sudden do a 180 in the league

I've seen Jeff take over games though. In big time situations.

I always thought the knock on Jeff was that he was too unselfish. Not that he wasn't tough

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

jordan hill is hot +#@%@!$ trash

Oscar De La Hoya is your favorite Athlete, ur opinion on any topic is Null and Void

roll.gif

and your a arizona homer so................
grin.gif

real talk hill is trash

he benfits BIG TIME of zona having no other bigmen on the cour or anyone else that can crash the boards. dude has no post moves other then backing someone downor tip ins of the class and he is small at 6'9 235 dude wont do JACK %+!# in the NBA

u remember last year when he face all them good bigmen? dude got ate alive game after game. has he atleast showing up VS a good one this year?

[table][tr][th="row"]25[/th] [td]
chi_wt.gif
[/td] [td]Jonny Flynn Point Guard, Syracuse[/td] [/tr][/table]

eek.gif
I think we are straight at that position no need in drafting a anotherPG.

How many games are you expecting Monroe to take over when he's the only post threat on the team and it's best overall player? Jeff had a 7'2 RoyHibbert standing next to him for three years. I think Monroe's proven that when he gets the ball he can score on anyone...soft or not.

You dont even believe that. as much as I straight bash Arizona players... I aint had nothin good to say about our entire program since the Illinois debacle andyou know it so stop that.

as for Monroe,
He gonna be a man without a position in the League if he declares this yr.
too soft to play the 4 and not athletic enough to be effective on the wing. you speakin on Amare,KG and them and they the BEST 4s in the game, Monroe aint gotthat in him. I aint a believer at all.

and I dont see him having a made for NBA type transition like Rudy Gay did. I think what he is right now, is what he gonna be. a skilled big man, who cant putit all together and dominate when he's supposed to

Gimme Clark WAY before u give me Monroe

I think Hill and Monroe both have a chance to develop a mid-range game and they both need to be good. I just am not seeing Monroe be a great 4 in the league. Iwould take Earl Clark before either too, because he has the best chance to devlop some sort of perimeter game. But Monroe can become the best of the three ifhe puts in the right kind of work.

Your mock is good though. I am still decideing on Flynn though. I am not sure if he is a true point guard, he seems mor of a scorer. I think wherever he goeshe'll have to learn to play more of a passing game because he is only 5'11. Some of the stuff he tries in the lane now just won't fly in the L

Anyone that gets Willie Warren is going to be in luck. He's going to a better Russell Westbrook.

You dont even believe that. as much as I straight bash Arizona players... I aint had nothin good to say about our entire program since the Illinois debacle and you know it so stop that.

as for Monroe,
He gonna be a man without a position in the League if he declares this yr.
too soft to play the 4 and not athletic enough to be effective on the wing. you speakin on Amare,KG and them and they the BEST 4s in the game, Monroe aint got that in him. I aint a believer at all.

and I dont see him having a made for NBA type transition like Rudy Gay did. I think what he is right now, is what he gonna be. a skilled big man, Nwho cant put it all together and dominate when he's supposed to

Gimme Clark WAY before u give me Monroe

There's no way I take Clark over Monroe IMO. Clark is inconsistent and falls in love with the 3 even though he can't shoot. Monroe doesn't need toscore in order to be effective, he can do so much more for the team. I'd take him over Clark easily.

Sometimes I don't finish a train of thought so lemme try again.

U named the best 4 big men in the game, but there's like 30 other consistant 4 men in the league who don't take their games outside of 12 ft.
More 4s have found they way out the league by bein all finesse outside the paint pf then more 4s have found they way out the league by stickin to the script.

That's what I had started to say earlier but I tapered off onto somethin else.

Hill is a beast. Ya'll can say what you want, but when dude steps on the floor he puts in work every single night. Everyone loves to talk about guys whohave great skill sets getting drafted but the guys that play well in the L are the dudes with the heart. I don't think Hill is this high of a pick in anyother year, but I think he'll definitely be a solid big on a good team because every good team needs that _ who can go grab boards and put em back. Also,he just started ballin in his soph. year of high school. He's in my class here at school and I've seen him, Wise and even Chase get WAY better fromeach year to the next. Hill moreso than the others.

laugh.gif
Chase to Utah.

No way I take Clark either. Clark thinks he can spot up and hit jumpshots. If Monroe is a skilled big man who can't put it together, what the hell is EarlClark man? He screams inconsistency.

And about your boy Taylor, he's 6'4 on the UCF website. Yeah he got some hops and can score but what stage does he have to show and prove?

Sometimes I don't finish a train of thought so lemme try again.

U named the best 4 big men in the game, but there's like 30 other consistant 4 men in the league who don't take their games outside of 12 ft.
More 4s have found they way out the league by bein all finesse outside the paint pf then more 4s have found they way out the league by stickin to the script.

That's what I had started to say earlier but I tapered off onto somethin else.
so you're saying that Earl Clark has a better chance of being a bust over Monroe? because EC is 42% shooting 4.

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

Hill is a beast. Ya'll can say what you want, but when dude steps on the floor he puts in work every single night. Everyone loves to talk about guys who have great skill sets getting drafted but the guys that play well in the L are the dudes with the heart. I don't think Hill is this high of a pick in any other year, but I think he'll definitely be a solid big on a good team because every good team needs that _ who can go grab boards and put em back. Also, he just started ballin in his soph. year of high school. He's in my class here at school and I've seen him, Wise and even Chase get WAY better from each year to the next. Hill moreso than the others.

laugh.gif
Chase to Utah.

ur joking right?

Ok, but when Earl Clark gets benched in the league and they tell him he has to work on things like his jumper. Of course he is going to kind of do what hewants now. He continues to start and play so he prolly doens't think he needs to change. But ask a guy like Jared Bayless how the bench is, he's doingwhat Clark will do. Working on his game to find minutes.

And if a guy like Leon Powe can find minutes when he is virtually the same player as Hill minus athleticism,bad knees,a few inches. I am sure Hill will begood. Guys who just dunk and clean up on offense can make it in the L. Not every succesful 4 has a nice mid-range game.

And it's not like coaches won't make him devlop a little jumper.

I do not think the Suns draft Stephen Curry, just because they have someone who is very similar in Leandro Barbosa.

Jordan Hill isn't going to be a superstar and like my man P MAC stated in any other year he isn't a lottery pick but dude will definitely be a solidplayer. To call him garbage is just stupid. Big Mike talks about people being "homers" you are the anti-homer you just hate on dudes just to hate. He's been playing organized ball since sophomore or junior of high school and has improved every year through college...he gets boards and plays withemotion.

As for Chase I think he can be a good role player for a contender. He finally got more agressive this year and can shoot lights out. No one is sayinghe's going to be an all-star but that doesn't mean he's going to be "hot trash"

OP I think your a little off on who the Bulls are going to draft. There is no way we are going to take 2 guards maybe 1 but not 2, we already have Kirk, DRose, Roberson, Salmons, and possibly Gordon if he stays. I think we will take Patrick Patterson or the best bigman left on the board as our first pick ortrade a pick and move up.

jordan hill is hot +#@%@!$ trash

Oscar De La Hoya is your favorite Athlete, ur opinion on any topic is Null and Void

roll.gif

grin.gif

real talk hill is trash

he benfits BIG TIME of zona having no other bigmen on the cour or anyone else that can crash the boards. dude has no post moves other then backing someone down or tip ins of the class and he is small at 6'9 235 dude wont do JACK %+!# in the NBA

u remember last year when he face all them good bigmen? dude got ate alive game after game. has he atleast showing up VS a good one this year?

Jordan Hill sucks.

So does this draft class.

It ain't like Clark is shooting 8% or whatever like Derozan. And don't forget he's 6'9 with probably a close to 7' wingspan (guess). Hisjumper will get better when he get's the the league. His percentage has actually dropped every year at Louisville, because IMO he's forcing too much (I guess trying to impress the scouts). I watched everyone of his games at UofL and when he plays hard and lets the game come to him (like all coaches tell youto do), he's almost unstoppable. He's averaging 13+ points a game and it really seems like he gets 90% of his points in a 7-8 minute stretch and thenhe'll sit back and shoot J's. I heard he's trying not to get hurt for the league, and is going to turn it on during the tourny..... but that'sjust he say, she say BS around Louisville, I don't believe it, I think he needs to play harder consistently every game.

If the NBA team that drafts him works on his J, and get's a bucket of smelling salt to wake him up every game.... Dude will have a nice career in theleague.

Originally Posted by CadillacFLOW

It ain't like Clark is shooting 8% or whatever like Derozan. And don't forget he's 6'9 with probably a close to 7' wingspan (guess). His jumper will get better when he get's the the league. His percentage has actually dropped every year at Louisville, because IMO he's forcing too much ( I guess trying to impress the scouts). I watched everyone of his games at UofL and when he plays hard and lets the game come to him (like all coaches tell you to do), he's almost unstoppable. He's averaging 13+ points a game and it really seems like he gets 90% of his points in a 7-8 minute stretch and then he'll sit back and shoot J's. I heard he's trying not to get hurt for the league, and is going to turn it on during the tourny..... but that's just he say, she say BS around Louisville, I don't believe it, I think he needs to play harder consistently every game.

If the NBA team that drafts him works on his J, and get's a bucket of smelling salt to wake him up every game.... Dude will have a nice career in the league.
That's the problem. No way am I going to want to draft someone that doesn't always feel the need to be aggressive and needs incentive toget up for games.

Yes you may want to call Monroe a soft big man, but he has lots of skills and he shows them more often than Clark does.

Your preaching to the choir about Clark hurting his chances by not being aggressive.

And I never called Monroe soft... anyway he's only a freshman I'm sure he'll toughen up.

Not saying you, just in general.

He doesn't need to toughen up, he just needs to learn when to pick his spots.

Back
Top Bottom