My Ideal Handset is Coming to The States.

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

eek.gif
I didn't realize Nokia was still relevant in the phone industry.
Wait what ?!?! you do know Nokia's are the top selling phones in terms of sales worldwide and commands the highest market share. The reasonNokia's high end phones aren't as popular here is because alot of US Cellular Providers lose out in subsidy of high priced Nokia phones because mostAmericans don't spend over $300 for a phone whereas its commonplace in Asia for phones to be priced in the $600-$800 range and still sell well. Speaking ofhigh price phones just realized this phone seems to be a step up from the N97

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

eek.gif
Wait what ?!?! you do know Nokia's are the top selling phones in terms of sales worldwide and commands the highest market share.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

also
US weak FCC regulations won't allow cool things like video conferencing or longer video messages

Originally Posted by onetwothreewick

laugh.gif
Saw the title and saw the author and knew what phone it was before I even clicked the thread.

Here's a size comparison...the dimensions of the front are smaller than an iPhone but it's thicker.
Devices.png

Still has a 3.5 inch screen thats higher resolution that the iphone's.

Only bummer is you won't have 3G unless you're on t-mobile and they haven't announced one that'll work with at&t's 3G yet. Otherwise that would be my next phone.

Haze do you have an N97?

Nah.

I thought it was going to be my main phone but after the bad reviews that it got, I couldn't see myself spending all that money on it. I played around withit in the Nokia store and I saw what the reviewers were talking about. Ended getting the iPhone 3Gs but im not really feeling it as a smartphone. Its a cooltoy and a great MP3 player but I need a psychical keyboard and real mutlitasking capabilities for business.

I spent some time with the N810 Internet tablet and it was one of the best gadgets that I have ever used. With the specs on this, the phone capabilities andthe updated version of Maemo...I think its going to be the handheld that I have been looking for over the last 5 years or so.

It more netbook than cell phone. The Ultimate convergence.

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

eek.gif
Wait what ?!?! you do know Nokia's are the top selling phones in terms of sales worldwide and commands the highest market share.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

also
US weak FCC regulations won't allow cool things like video conferencing or longer video messages
There needs to be a better network layout/overlay for any of that to happen in the US. You really don't want Video conferencing when wedon't even have full on 3g all over yet.

As for this makeshift tablet, It's basically what the N97 should've been in the first place. That keyboard however...
grin.gif

Edit: This Might be coming to America with the 1900 (AT&T) band as well as Tmobiles according to what dudes at BGR heard.

very impressive phone OP. either this or storm2 will have my wallet's attention come february (when my contract expires).

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

protip
Sino electronics in chinatown has intl phones for cheap
I copped my N95 from there 2 years ago.
pimp.gif
they wholesale unlocked iphones as well, if there are any subdealers on NT
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

A lot of people complain about my Tilt being heavy and brick like
laugh.gif

I never really looked into Nokia smartphones that much, mainly because they aren't big here in the states.
I 99% sure I will be getting the Touch Pro 2 or Diamond 2, but I will do some more research on Nokia smartphones. I believe I did hear that the company wasshifting away from their main OS.

all Nseries devices >>>> any other phone/smart phone(iphone, crackberry, htc)

but they're priced so high
ohwell.gif

Oh man, I want one. Now.

I doubt we'll be getting that in my country... smh. I'd love to get the Nokia E75, kind of similar, but goes for NZD$1249 (we get ripped off so bad oneverything)
smh.gif

Originally Posted by APLX2

As an iphone owner, I'm impressed. But the app store >>>> any phone out there
if its like a PC then you can install stuff at will and that >>>> a "app" store

This phone is super sick... but i ain't got no $800 to spend on a handset. It's a beautiful phone none-the-less.

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

looks nice. how much?

Its gonna be subsidized with T-Mobile in October and AT&T and Roger after that so probably in the $300 - $400 range. Its like $900 in Europe with no contract.

Price should be announced next week.

:kapow

Back
Top Bottom