My Weekend Trip to Seattle, WA (100 x PICS RE-UPPED!) 5/18-5/20

Living about 15 mins outside of downtown I still need to hit up Tolouse Petit's as I've heard great things about their hh. These pics make me miss working in dtown Seattle.

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Are there black people in Seattle?

That sudden pic of the grizzly bear had ME shook before I saw you were at the zoo.

Thought you just stumbled across ol buddy or something.
roll.gif

On a side note i haven't done half this stuff
frown.gif

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

Originally Posted by a55a5in11

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
depends on the area
or you can just drive down and go hang out in tacoma...
No thanks. My boy at UW says everybody down there is methed out.
laugh.gif
... i got some fam that live up there... my cousin up there bangs with the cuz, wasnt a good look when i visited him wearing red
laugh.gif
i never seen some many dudes try to teach their pits to hate one color in my life...  i hated walking around up there...

Originally Posted by dakid23

Are there black people in Seattle?

That sudden pic of the grizzly bear had ME shook before I saw you were at the zoo.

Thought you just stumbled across ol buddy or something.
roll.gif

On a side note i haven't done half this stuff
frown.gif

same here.. wouldnt have known all food spots were in seattle if you didnt mention it. Gotta get out more

Originally Posted by hongcouver604

Tacoma = Compton of the Northwest

eek.gif
is this true? I remember me and my fam stayed at a hotel in/near Tacoma about 6 years ago. don't remember anything compton-esque about it

I never been a big fan of ****'s myself, but when you're drunk you don't care like that.

There is definitely diversity in this area. Not even blacks, but asians and quite a few hispanics too...

Oh, and..Portland > Seattle..
roll.gif
Ok, little brother.

Originally Posted by MrSwagtastic

Originally Posted by hongcouver604

Tacoma = Compton of the Northwest

eek.gif
is this true? I remember me and my fam stayed at a hotel in/near Tacoma about 6 years ago. don't remember anything compton-esque about it
It's nickname is Tacompton. I stopped off for gas there on my way back to Portland from Seattle a few years ago, and I was never so sketched out without getting out of my car than there
laugh.gif

But Seattle
pimp.gif
2nd favorite city (Portland > Seattle, btw), cant wait to go back and visit. And ****'s Burgers is dope.

Glad u were able to enjoy my hometown.... and Tacoma is ghetto but I wouldn't go as far as saying..."I won't get outta my car..". And I've been on hilltop and south tac Blvd...nothing to be coochie over...

Originally Posted by wcghost

I saw a lot of black people! (and white milfs)! Definitely wasnt expecting that many blacks since its all the way up in the NorthWest and its quite chilly.

i stayed at the Inn @ Queen Anne. it was $109/night, but i've read on yelp and on other websites that it can get as cheap as $60/night. its a very quaint property that was converted from an apartment complex. it was clean, but there were some minor issues, like the back window not being able to open and the hot water shower knob falling off.

While its not the Ritz, its located RIGHT across the street from the Seattle Center, 20 min walking distance to Pike Place/DT, 15 min bus ride to Paseo/Zoo/Gas Works, has a a lot of night-life/good restaurants in the surrounding spots and has a 24 hour grocery store a 2 blocks away. ****'s Drive-In was outside of my window and Toulouse Petit's was 2 blocks away. Their happy hour is unbeatable, otherwise dinner can get quite pricey.

Trunks206, so hostile bro. Relax and eat some ****'s! i kid i kid
wink.gif

p.s. I want to go back.... so many more restaurants I want to try out
laugh.gif
Glad you liked Toulouse. I generally avoid non-HH because it gets so expensive (if someone else is paying, then it's all good). But yeah, the HH is unbeatable. Even more underrated is their breakfast HH: almost everything is $5 from open until 11 am. So good.

On another note, hope the mods can let a Seattle thread keep going in General. NW forum is a morgue, and this way we don't have to make a new thread when someone wants to visit. Just compile it all in here.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

I saw a lot of black people! (and white milfs)! Definitely wasnt expecting that many blacks since its all the way up in the NorthWest and its quite chilly.

i stayed at the Inn @ Queen Anne. it was $109/night, but i've read on yelp and on other websites that it can get as cheap as $60/night. its a very quaint property that was converted from an apartment complex. it was clean, but there were some minor issues, like the back window not being able to open and the hot water shower knob falling off.

While its not the Ritz, its located RIGHT across the street from the Seattle Center, 20 min walking distance to Pike Place/DT, 15 min bus ride to Paseo/Zoo/Gas Works, has a a lot of night-life/good restaurants in the surrounding spots and has a 24 hour grocery store a 2 blocks away. ****'s Drive-In was outside of my window and Toulouse Petit's was 2 blocks away. Their happy hour is unbeatable, otherwise dinner can get quite pricey.

wink.gif

laugh.gif
Glad you liked Toulouse. I generally avoid non-HH because it gets so expensive (if someone else is paying, then it's all good). But yeah, the HH is unbeatable. Even more underrated is their breakfast HH: almost everything is $5 from open until 11 am. So good.

On another note, hope the mods can let a Seattle thread keep going in General. NW forum is a morgue, and this way we don't have to make a new thread when someone wants to visit. Just compile it all in here.
wait. why in the hell did i think you are from NY?

wink.gif

laugh.gif

Really?
laugh.gif

Born and raised in Seattle. However, I do love New York and have been there a lot, so I know the city very well.

As for those views in those photos, I'm guessing it's from the Columbia Tower.

My middle school was in east side tacoma right next to the skatepark, pretty run down area and my school got graffited on a few times. And why is the top of the space needle orange in those pics?

Originally Posted by Kramer

My middle school was in east side tacoma right next to the skatepark, pretty run down area and my school got graffited on a few times. And why is the top of the space needle orange in those pics?
50-year anniversary of the World's Fair. There was orange paint on it originally.

Originally Posted by Kramer

50-year anniversary of the World's Fair. There was orange paint on it originally.

Ahh. I may be goin up there for a job interview tomorrow, mini NT summit
nerd.gif

Really?
laugh.gif

Born and raised in Seattle. However, I do love New York and have been there a lot, so I know the city very well.

As for those views in those photos, I'm guessing it's from the Columbia Tower.
laugh.gif
... i dont know what i was thinking then.. maybe i might have mistaken you a couple time for dubA... wait you aint a knicks fan are you?..
i was born in portland.. lived in the kirkland ( heights ) area for a while... moms always stayed in the south seattle area..

Nah, Sonics fan forever (became a fan in '93 and never looked back). I'm the one causing trouble with OKC fans in S&T...ok, maybe just that weirdo Scientific Method. Never rooted for another team in my life.

About to be in Seattle this weekend to see my girl. Will def be hitting up Red Mill. By far my favorite burger spot. Love Pike, but have been there so much. But then again, there is always something different to see. I just love the NW man. So glad to be able to call it home. Portland, Seattle, NW, its allllllll gooood.

Tacoma is really not that bad. I mean, its hood, but yall act like youve never left the east side or something.

Back
Top Bottom