NaS has been SOOOOO desperate for APPROVAL since Ether....

^^^^Stop. Illmatic will forever & a day mean more to hip hop than jay's whole career. No album has ever been so revered. Jay can make Bill Gates money& still won't be seen in Illmatic status.

Originally Posted by Mickey Moss

Nas has always been controversial. Threadstarter sounds like he's only been listening to rap for the past 8 months.

Illmatic > Reasonable Doubt

Ether > Takeover

Nas's Verse on Black Republicans > Jay-Z's verse on Black Republicans

It Was Written > The Blueprint

Jay-Z's verse on Success > Nas's verse on Success (The song was wack and they both came wack..)

Overall:
Nas > Jay

Close thread

Umm... so I guess you missed the point of the thread?

And your post count alone, and your non-mod or admin. title doesn't give you the power to close a thread. Probably can't come with a legit reason whyanyway.

Originally Posted by Buddha JAPE

jay's career > nas's career.

That not up for discussion thats a fact still doesn't change the other fact that illmatic #2s on jigga's whole catalog

smokin.gif

Originally Posted by CROSSISOM

Originally Posted by Mickey Moss

Nas has always been controversial. Threadstarter sounds like he's only been listening to rap for the past 8 months.

Illmatic > Reasonable Doubt

Ether > Takeover

Nas's Verse on Black Republicans > Jay-Z's verse on Black Republicans

It Was Written > The Blueprint

Jay-Z's verse on Success > Nas's verse on Success (The song was wack and they both came wack..)

Overall:
Nas > Jay

Close thread

Umm... so I guess you missed the point of the thread?

And your post count alone, and your non-mod or admin. title doesn't give you the power to close a thread. Probably can't come with a legit reason why anyway.
Jay-Z Stan catching feelings. What more do you need? Its self-evident and self-explantory.

I'm not a Stan, and I'm not catching feelings, you just have no further evidence than a ">".

What's self evident about high album sales, a successful clothing line and a respectable woman by your side(which is something Nas doesn't have, yadig)?

Jay-Z's career alone just takes a open cheek dookie all over Nasir's. He was the highest grossing rapper last year, he owns the New Jersy Nets, andhe's banging Beyonce... Beyonce.

And my point in the first place was that this thread didn't have anything to do with Jay>Nas or Nas>Jay, you just blatantly made bold statements thatno one feels like going back and forth on a message board with you about, even though I kinda just did.

Originally Posted by Free The Chief

(This is NOT related to Jay-Z directly)

OK so maybe it's just me, but for the sake of the argument I'll divide Nas's career into two parts :tongue:re-Ether and Post-Ether. That was fairy simple right?

Well up until that "time frame" Nas and Jay-z were pretty much tied for my favorite solo artist. Nas was dropping DOPE music and really holding it down for that NY state of mind. I damn near felt everything he was saying as if I could actually relate to it
grin.gif

Somewhere in between Nastradaumus and Stillmatic Nas lost something tho. Stillmatic is STILL my favorite Nas album, but to me, after that album Nas went from demanding respect to begging for it. His last 2 albums have been so desperate for attention that it's sad, man. HHID was quality music, no question, but the whole idea of naming your album Hip-Hop Is Dead is sooooooooo gimmicky. It's a cry for attention and I really struggle with respecting it. Now this new album is just crazy. Dude might as well pose nude on his cover and add some sort of glow in the dark lettering to the title or something. He's trying so hard to be accepted when skills should be able to speak for themselves.

It kinda makes you wonder if Nas was that one lame dude in HS that was talented but spent so much time perfecting his talent that he never got cool with anybody
smh.gif
. Dude seems so.... "I dunno" now.

I didn't really realize it until I listened to Success (American Gangster). The difference in demeanor was obvious IMO. Jay-Z hit the track with his swag on 10. Jay-Z, to me, still has a delivery that says "You HAVE to dig it, cuz it's dope" whereas Nas has that "You should dig it, cuz I deserve it" delivery now. The more I think about the line "You been in this 10, I been in it 5/ Smarten up Nas!", the more it seems like it cut deep-- even though Jay had been in the game longer than 5 years at the time...frontin *** __
laugh.gif
. Anyway, how much of the last 16 years has Nas been trying to prove himself? It's kinda bad that I'm one of like 7 and a half people that don't worship his first album. How much pressure has Illmatic put on him tho? It's like the perception him since then has been one of "GREAT lyricist...good music".

Does anybody see what I'm talking about?

You my boy and all but didn't you just hear Illmatic for the first time like 2 years ago? I vividly rememeber that post, so I know I'm not tripping. Irespect your opinion on a lot because you're of the few who listen to the lyrics but this is asanine. I won't even involve my opinions or anything,just gonna hit you with the:

6f135dda48ab6b43a5495485a447dca3471d6b9.jpg

Damn this thread is still goin?? The argument keeps changing . . . Im still struggling with who's "Approval" he's looking for, I mean yousupposidly diss hip hop as a whole with an album title . . . Then name your next album the N word . . . Who's approval is he looking for, 6 pages laterI'm lost and haven't seen much +%+* of any worth

Originally Posted by xBuddha Blessx

Wrong thread. And it's been about 16 years... well that's as far back as I can remember, smart%++%....
Wait a min you 19 been listening to rap for 16 years since the age of 3 and still didnt listen to illmatic?

smokin.gif

Yup... pretty much

That not up for discussion thats a fact still doesn't change the other fact that illmatic #2s on jigga's whole catalog

And this is the main reason why we're getting NOWHERE. People have their own personal set of facts and you can't argue with a fact. 6 pageslater...I quit...you win. You too Dom. I'm tired of trying to have a reasonable discussion with closed minds. It's one thing to disagree with me, butmost guys are just creating their own personal facts and standing on them.

Back
Top Bottom