Nas Hints 12th Studio Album is Coming Soon

life is good got close to no spins from me.

next joint better be what its supposed to be...

all that wifey bulls*** should be outta his system by then.

For real?!

"No Introduction" is one of Nas's best songs in my opinion. I actually think the album plays straight through VERY well.

But I like scarred, emotional nas...we get albums like Illmatic and God's Son when Nas has stuff on his mind..

We get albums like "Street's Disciple" and 'Nastradamus" when he's just rapping to rap...

Nas and Scarface would rap circles around Ice Cube .. that is not an album I want to hear as a Nas stan.. just give me solo Esco or him and Jr.Gong again.

Lemme get that Nas/Face/Cube collab album and another Distant Relatives and Nas doesn't ever have to touch a mic again.

Nas' unreleased catalog is DEEP... He has a lot of gems in their :pimp:

Came across this today -

10 Producers Not Named DJ Premier Nas Should Work With On His New Album

http://smokingsection.uproxx.com/TS...ther-than-dj-premier-on-his-next-album#page/1

-Madlib
-Harry Fraud
-Pete Rock
-No I.D.
-Hit-Boy
-Jake One
-DJ Quik
-Burn One
-Just Blaze

I always wanted to hear Nas go in over a Madlib beat... A Madlib track with Nas would bring out a new sound in him on that record that I think would turn out real well.

40 would give Nas a smooth beat that I can definitely hear him doing work on... Same with Harry Fraud.

Nas & No I.D. have been on fire with tracks these last couple years, they should definitely link up again.

I agree with the Hit-Boy comments... I feel like Nas does try to put out some bangers here & there & sometimes the end result is just :x ( See: Summer on Smash :lol: ). Hit-Boy would definitely lace Nas with a quality banger.

With Nas getting together with Large Pro on Life Is Good, it would only be right if he put out another 90's vibe track with another OG that he worked with on Illmatic.

Nas & Just Blaze speaks for itself... I still need a full version of The Scientist.

& oh yea... WE NEED A PREMO TRACK :lol:

I got another one for you, what are your favorite Nas songs (album tracks only) from 02-12?

1. "War" (04)
2. "Get Down" (02)
3. "Made You Look" (02)
4. "A Queens Story" (12
5. "Street's Disciple" (04)
6. "Thief's Theme" (04)
7. "Cherry Wine" (12)
8. "Loco-motive" (12)
9. "Heaven" (02)
10. "Stay" (12)

i would put worlds an addiction above queens story

Life is Good was damn near classic...best album of 2012 with kendrick after that...album had no skippable tracks minus summer on smash

I'm still waiting on Nas to make an album full of bangers. Nothing but hard beats and hard rhymes. Won't happen but I can hope.

Nas' unreleased catalog is DEEP... He has a lot of gems in their :pimp:

Came across this today -

10 Producers Not Named DJ Premier Nas Should Work With On His New Album

http://smokingsection.uproxx.com/TS...ther-than-dj-premier-on-his-next-album#page/1

-Madlib
-Harry Fraud
-Pete Rock
-No I.D.
-Hit-Boy
-Jake One
-DJ Quik
-Burn One
-Just Blaze

I always wanted to hear Nas go in over a Madlib beat... A Madlib track with Nas would bring out a new sound in him on that record that I think would turn out real well.

40 would give Nas a smooth beat that I can definitely hear him doing work on... Same with Harry Fraud.

Nas & No I.D. have been on fire with tracks these last couple years, they should definitely link up again.

I agree with the Hit-Boy comments... I feel like Nas does try to put out some bangers here & there & sometimes the end result is just :x ( See: Summer on Smash :lol: ). Hit-Boy would definitely lace Nas with a quality banger.

With Nas getting together with Large Pro on Life Is Good, it would only be right if he put out another 90's vibe track with another OG that he worked with on Illmatic.

Nas & Just Blaze speaks for itself... I still need a full version of The Scientist.

& oh yea... WE NEED A PREMO TRACK :lol:

i wanna hear nas on 40 beat. and of course salaam and jay electronica

Life is Good is one of his weakest albums, and as a huge Nas fan, it's certainly one of the biggest disappointments from him. I had no problem with the theme of the album, but the blandness of the music. Almost no tracks stood out.

Life is Good was damn near classic...best album of 2012 with kendrick after that...album had no skippable tracks minus summer on smash

I don't know which part of this sentence is funnier.

As for the upcoming album, I'm looking forward to it. How would you guys rank his albums from 02-12 (best to worst)?

Lost Tapes
DR
Untitled
God's Son
HHID
SD

LIG

No tracks stood out? All opinion man...I find it laughable that u have untitled and sd over life is good

The songs may not mention Kelis directly but you can feel the vibe of album...she had a major impact on the process. 

Regardless...LIG is damn near at the bottom when I rate his albums. 
The way he promoted the album with the album cover and it being his version of "Here, My Dear" that was the vibe I got until I heard the album. The album reminds me of Street's Disciple for some reason. You have LIG near the bottom, hell I got HHID damn near at the bottom right above Nastradamus.

Vibe got an article on their website about 11 artists Nas SHOULD work with. I would like for Nas to do another song with his dad at this point in his career, but it never fails when his fans get into this "executive producer" state of mind.
tired.gif

http://www.vibe.com/photo-gallery/11-artists-nas-should-collaborate-his-next-album

6. Hit-Boy

Although widely considered as one of, if not THE premier lyricist in Hip-Hop history, one of God's Son's Achilles heel is his penchant for dropping sub-par club bangers. Instead of getting Salaam Remi or Swizz on the horn, call up Hit-Boy, who has serviced everyone from 'Ye and Jay to Kendrick Lamar with high octane soundbeds. With his versatility and knack for getting prime-time performances out of his clients, we're sure the finished product would snag radio-play and mixshow spins in its sleep.

Yall must have forgot huh? Well here let me remind you

laugh.gif

The way he promoted the album with the album cover and it being his version of "Here, My Dear" that was the vibe I got until I heard the album. The album reminds me of Street's Disciple for some reason. You have LIG near the bottom, hell I got HHID damn near at the bottom right above Nastradamus.

The more I listen to Hip Hop is Dead, the less I like it. I'm kinda with you on this. Although I definitely find it to be better than Street's Disciple which just had entirely TOO much filler!!

Post stillmatic/lost tapes ranking for me goes

LiG
HHID
God's son
Untitled
SD

I loved HHID so actually dunno which I like better out of that and LiG

The more I listen to Hip Hop is Dead, the less I like it. I'm kinda with you on this. Although I definitely find it to be better than Street's Disciple which just had entirely TOO much filler!!
Overall I don't like the features nor the production on HHID.
laugh.gif
 I'm probably one of the few Nas fans on this site that likes Street's Disciple.

Can't get enough of "trust" hopefully he drops something dope, deep & meaningful. Im sure he ain't gonna disapoint.

I'd definitely like to hear some of these features... Joey BAD***** & Nas on a 90's sounding track would be :wow:

I always wanted to hear Nas & Lupe on a track as well.

With R&B, The-Dream, Adele, & Melanie Fiona would all compliment Nas well on tracks.

I'd also like to hear collabs with Cole, Jay Electronica, & of course AZ.

Back
Top Bottom