NBA 2009-2012 Storylines... LEAKED

Alright, after being an avid NBA fan for the past 14 years of my life, I am 95% sure the league is at least SOMEWHAT fixed/rigged. I do not think that $ternspecifically tells referees to make one team win or another (he's not dumb enough to do that ) but I am CERTAIN he sends "His Guys" to officiatebig games to either A) give one team or another an advantage or B) extend/swing a series in a ceratin teams favor (See: Lakers vs Kings 2002 WCF Game 6, Lakersvs Celtics 2008 NBAF Game 2, etc). Not to mention the whole Donaghey thing, but you have to take his comments for what they are, a felon trying to get a lessorsentence (or as so $tern says). When it comes down to it, the NBA is a BUISNESS and businesses are about one thing and one thing only: MAKING MONEY. So, Ithought it would be fun for myself and the other NT'ers to come up with the most likely story lines for the L in the next 3 years. Here is the most likelyscenario I see happening:

Scenario
Boston beats the Cavs in 7 games in the ECF this year, giving the Celtics a Piston like mystique and making them the Pistons to MJ's Bulls (Lebron'sCavs). The Lakers make it back to the Finals (no real challenger here in the West) and the Hype a CELTICS VS LAKERS PART II like nothing has ever been hypedbefore. Ratings are through the roof, and the Lakers take the ship in 6 or 7 games. Next year, the storyline going in is "Will Lebron finally get overthe hump?" and of course the whole LBJ to NY thing and Is Kobe better than MJ now that he got his ring? and can the Celtics make one last run at a ship? Next year plays out, LeBron wins a scripted dunk contest in which he probably should have lost to J-Rich. Lakers meet an up and coming team in the WCF (thinkBlazers) beat them and make it back to the Ship. This is where it gets a LITTLE tricky, I see $tern going 2 ways here. He either A) has the C's beat theCavs ONE MORE TIME in the ECF and have a CELTICS VS LAKERS III to "settle the score once and for all" OR he has the Cavs beat the C's and set upLEBRON VS KOBE I. Either way, Lakers win the title, forcing LeBron to say "I just can't win a title in Clevland". He moves to NY along withStat/Bosh/orWade. This is HUGE for the L, probably will be the biggest sports story of the decade (I can see ESPN now) and has the buzz at an all time high. Iam about 95% a scenario like this or similar to it will happen.

So NT, make your own storyline for the NBA to follow for the next 3 years. It's pretty fun

PS. I hate the Lakers, so in know way shape or form is this a Lakers > the L thread.

Wow, I can only imagine what the storylines are going to be like after LeBron wins the MVP...
alien.gif

this isn't a story line...ur just picking the best teams to go to the finals. and the teams happen to be marketable.

and ur saying lebron to NY in 2010 which people have been talking about forever now.

ur looking into this too much...and after what happened with sacramento and LA, and donaghey (sp?) i can't see the NBA deciding a series. The players onthe floor will be the ones doing that.

and don't bring up the refs deciding the phx v san antonio series because as much as I wanted to see the suns in the finals, rules are rules. and thatfinals got the lowest ratings possible even though lebron was in it (i think) so the NBA did NOT do that to increase ratings. If anything, they would have justsuspended horry and tried to have the suns advance.

Originally Posted by nYcHipHopHippo

this isn't a story line...ur just picking the best teams to go to the finals. and the teams happen to be marketable.

and ur saying lebron to NY in 2010 which people have been talking about forever now.

ur looking into this too much...and after what happened with sacramento and LA, and donaghey (sp?) i can't see the NBA deciding a series. The players on the floor will be the ones doing that.
Again, I don't think the NBA "decides" series per-say. However I do believe that they extend series in order to get higher ratings,or try to swing a series one way or another.

after the scandal with the ref tim dona-whatever...i can't see it happening like that anymore. I do think that its possible that refs make calls that cango either way in favor of the team that's losing to make a closer game, to the team losing the series in an attempt to extend it, or to have a team likeBoston or LA win...but I don't think it will decide any game in the playoffs this year if it does happen.

"Jermaine O'Neal Contracts Herpes After Inadvertent Use of Dwayne Wade's Water Bottle"

"Charlie Villaneuva Listed as Day-To-Day After Successful Eyebrow Transplant"

Originally Posted by lobotomybeats

"Jermaine O'Neal Contracts Herpes After Inadvertent Use of Dwayne Wade's Water Bottle"

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by nYcHipHopHippo

ur looking into this too much...and after what happened with sacramento and LA, and donaghey (sp?) i can't see the NBA deciding a series. The players on the floor will be the ones doing that.

and don't bring up the refs deciding the phx v san antonio series because as much as I wanted to see the suns in the finals, rules are rules. and that finals got the lowest ratings possible even though lebron was in it (i think) so the NBA did NOT do that to increase ratings. If anything, they would have just suspended horry and tried to have the suns advance.

what about the sac vs lakers match? go back and watch game 5 buddy before you come in here with your nonsense.

Originally Posted by lobotomybeats

roll.gif
NT isfull of clowns

to add to your story... cavs v lakers, game 7, 5 seconds left lebron has the ball.... he takes 19 crab dribbles/steps to the basket and throws one down to winit all...they celebrate with crab-cakes.

Houston runs through the league this year. Win Title
Ron re signs for a year cause no one wants to waste cap space for 2010
Tracy gets hurt squeezing mustard on his hot dog, out 6 weeks
Ron and Yao win 71 games 2009-2010, Win title, beats Magic 4-2 in battle of bigs Yao vs Dwight like Hakeem vs. Shaq
Tracy twists his ankle while dreaming about playing basketball, out 3 weeks
Ron takes the vet min. so rockets can sign big name FA.
Rockets sign Wade. Yao, Wade, Ron team up and win 73 games, beating the Knicks in the Finals 4-1 with Amare and Bosh..No LBJ
Tracy pulls abdomen muscle while burping his child, out 5 weeks

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

Ron and Yao win 71 games 2009-2010, Win title, beats Magic 4-2 in battle of bigs Yao vs Dwight like Hakeem vs. Shaq
Rockets sign Wade. Yao, Wade, Ron team up and win 73 games, beating the Knicks in the Finals 4-1 with Amare and Bosh..No LBJ
roll.gif

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

roll.gif

to add to your story... cavs v lakers, game 7, 5 seconds left lebron has the ball.... he takes 19 crab dribbles/steps to the basket and throws one down to win it all...they celebrate with crab-cakes.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Lebron wins mvp this year, wins the finals and finals mvp, and signs a huge contract extension with the cavs this summer.

Back
Top Bottom