NBA 2K11 Official Thread (Patch Put for PS3 & XBOX 360)

Originally Posted by dmxgod

Anyone know if you can foul out and still beat the challenge?
I'm sure as long as Jordan you completes the goals you'll complete the challenge.

Thursday, October 28, 2010
The Real NBA 2K11 - Opening Night
FILE NAME: The Real NBA 2K11 - Opening Night!
SYSTEM: Xbox360
GAMERTAG: Real 2K Insider

This is an in-progress rebuild of my previous roster (re-started because 2K "patched" gameplay features into their previous roster).

Most stars have been fully edited (ratings & tendencies), as well as some entire teams. Off the top of my head the completed teams are the Sixers, Bobcats, Celtics, Heat, Knicks, and Lakers. The players on those teams also have 100% accurate accessories, contracts, and layup/dunk signature edits.

Coach profiles were adjusted across the league.

Rotations and player roles are 100% accurate in conjunction with my previous post.

Ratings are still nowhere near where they were in the previous update where I had 300+ players edited. The next update should be much more comprehensive.

Finally, I do not know the ETA on a PS3 roster file. I sent the data over to my PS3 collaborator and he has the ok to post when the data is implemented. The PS3 file should be ahead of where I'm at as he had more time to edit this week than I did. (I do not know his PSN tag it will be uploaded under, forgot to ask).

Enjoy the rosters. They are far from a finished product, so please bring to my attention anything that needs to be addressed.

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

108-74.

dmxgod - I want to know the same, I think changing the defensive settings (pressure) may help if you play guys tight.
When i didn't use jordan for a series of defensive plays..he got a steal..but i ran outta time..plus i had four fouls..and didn't wanna foul out tryna get those last two steals..

Anyone know if you can foul out and still beat the challenge?

I played man to man when completing this challenge. but I didn't alway controlled Jordan. There were times I let the CPU control him and I earned steals like that.
There is a glitch where the opposing team doesn't foul out. When I noticed that, I tried to see if I could foul out. Whenever I got that 5th foul, I hacked away but was never called for a 6th foul. Has anyone fouled out of the game???

Had to break out the white/pink LeBron VIII against the Magic. Dropped 42 and extended our win streak to 20 games
smokin.gif

Finished the '91 Bulls/Lakers challenge, you'd think 2K would have upon completion what your averages were at the end of that challenge.

Originally Posted by myshoegameheavy

how come when i check the ratings for my myplayer team, everybodies stats or overall grade has gone down except for my own, and continue to as well... this makes the game crazy unrealistic that every nite i drop 45+ and the closest person to me may hav 11...mind you i'm on the wiz with arenas and wall. why has the game made it so that whether we win or lose its solely on my shoulders, yet i'm not the super star of the team, i never get the ball with seconds on the clock (its always arenas ******ed $%# that throws up those bricks) and the fact i'm only rated a 62. it seems like the odds are in your favor to do well in myplayer, as opposed to making it challenging enough that you can only do well if you're good...no reason i should be able to drop 50 on the heat..in only 38 minutes on the court..on Allstar...

and i'm not even cheesin either, all the shots are good shots. i just cant trust my team it seems, maybe they're actually getting worse, which would explain their skills diminishing and the reason they miss shots...what explains why they'd take those idiotic shots to begin with tho..?  but yea, only reason i score as much as i do, which i'd actually prefer not to, but if i don't, we have 0 chance of winning, a la' 05-06' Kobe...i will the team to victories..sucks when i get injured too smh..

also is there a glitch or something in the game that continues to fire coaches?  I've been on a winning streak for the longest now..and every single game we hav our coach fire, not to mention everybody else in the league is going through it too.  $!@ is up with that?  the reporters dont even ask me anything anymore, just ask me if i noticed "coach isnt sitting next to me?" The headlines dont show anything but coach firing and hirings...madddd annoying..
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Was playing the Rockets & fouled Kevin Martin. He shot the first free throw & then got subbed out for Budinger, who went to the free throw line & shot the second free thow.
laugh.gif

^ If you're trying to guard him man to man it won't work. Set your defensive settings before tipoff, I played him tight and had him double teamed when he would catch the ball.

Man what the $+%@ I was 20 games into myPlayer and went to play today and it says the content is damaged or unreadable. No Mod or anything. Anyone know how to fix this? I have the new xbox slim. Anyone had this happen?

[h3]Josh McRoberts: Another slap in the face from 2K Sports[/h3]Josh McRoberts is Indiana's starting power forward. That alone is fairly sound logic that he is a decent player and should have a higher rating than, oh, I don't know, Malik Allen, Derrick Caracter, Pops Mensah-Bonsu, Eduardo Najera, TAYLOR GRIFFIN (I could go on and on, since McRoberts is ranked 96th among PF by 2K Sports)...

But then, this is 2K Sports. Their logic dictates that Melvin Ely should be in the free agent pool instead of Coby Karl. Two roster updates into the regular season, mind you.

Here's the list of McRoberts' rating boosts from 2K's latest update.

56 Overall (+2)
40 OffAwr (+10)
48 DefAwr (+5)

This is apparently all they could find wrong with him. Isn't that just grand?

McRoberts went 8-23 from 3pt range last season, and was 1-2 last night. 2K saw nothing wrong with his 3pt rating, a paltry 27.

McRoberts grabbed 6 rebounds in only 24 minutes yesterday. He had 18.2 defensive rebounding percentage last year, and is at 19.3 for his career. Yet this is only grounds for a 49 in the world of the 2K Insider, while Dirk and his 20.2 run around with an 86 rating.

Speaking of those 24 minutes, McRoberts only has 70 stamina despite being an athletic 23 year old. But then, with 45 speed and 48 quickness, he isn't exactly athletic.

Clearly, it's McRoberts' basketball IQ that is allowing him to get by - after all, those are the only ratings 2K bothered to upgrade (ones that "coincidentally" have the most significant effect on overall rating). That's why McRoberts (40 Off, 48 Def), a player that earned a starting role in the NBA, is on par with Sean Marks (40/48), a career 3rd stringer that is out of the NBA. TAYLOR GRIFFIN, a player whose career lasted 32 minutes (entirely due to his last name) has superior basketball intellect (41/65) that McRoberts can only dream of achieving. Pops Mensah-Bonsu, a career 10-day contract player who scrounged up 474 minutes across 4 seasons (compared to the 524 McRoberts played LAST season), apparently gained quite a bit of knowledge during his travels (58/49) because he too.

It is certainly not worth noting that McRoberts scored 11 points in his 24 minutes. I would never hold it against Pops that never broke 7 across his 20 games last season. Wait a second. What gives? I have a brain? Really? You don't say!

Here are MY ratings for McRoberts. I'm no genius. Just a guy with common sense and a work ethic strong enough that I can look at more than two ratings at a time and say "HMMM, SOMETHING MIGHT BE WRONG HERE".

Josh McRoberts
Overall 66 (up from 56) (54)
Inside 72 (up from 67)
Close 62 (down from 67)
Medium 62
3PT 72 (up from 27)
LowPost 63
FreeThrow 57 (down from 66)
Layup 52 (up from 37)
Dunk 60 (up from 55)
StandDunk 60
OffDribble 49 (up from 46)
InTraffic 58 (up from 42)
Handle 55 (up from 35)
OffHand 45 (up from 25)
Security 56 (down from 61)
Pass 51
Block 62 (up from 58)
Steal 62 (up from 52)
Hands 69
BallDef 70 (up from 40)
OffReb 71 (up from 58)
DefReb 71 (up from 49)
OffPost 61
DefPost 62 (up from 57)
OffAwr 60 (up from 40) (30)
DefAwr 53 (up from 48) (43)
OffClutch 25
DefClutch 25
Consistency 50 (down from 60)
Stamina 77 (up from 70)
Speed 58 (up from 45)
Quickness 65 (up from 48)
Strength 60
Vertical 63
Hustle 73
Durability 70
Potential 69 (up from 63)
Emotion 60 (up from 25)

McRoberts would rank 50th among PFs in 2K's rosters if he had those ratings, but then, he might actually be worth using. We don't want kids picking the Pacers over the Heat, Lakers, and Celtics now, do we?

^ If you're trying to guard him man to man it won't work. Set your defensive settings before tipoff, I played him tight and had him double teamed when he would catch the ball.

yup it worked for me had him double teamed, play tight he scored 22 on me but we blew them out by 20 or so got the 15 3s trophy...did the badboys one earlier they seem to have gotten a little easier now that i know what im doing a little more
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

yup it worked for me had him double teamed, play tight he scored 22 on me but we blew them out by 20 or so got the 15 3s trophy...did the badboys one earlier they seem to have gotten a little easier now that i know what im doing a little more
pimp.gif
When guarding Dominque or Drexler, set Pippen to guard them both. Select tight def, and deny ball. Pippen will shut both guys down. You won't have to double team him. I did this with both after having problems, and Pippen kept them both on lock.

the jordan challenges are almost too easy. the only ones i got worried on were the ones where he had to get an excessive amount of rebounds. i'm not nba 2k monster but these challenges are more like walks in the park with GOAT. completed every challenge on the first try. points arent even a problem in this game. throw let jordan get the pass out on the wing. drive baseline, crossover and pull up j. you can literally shoot 90% with that move using GOAT. the knicks double nickel game? i dropped 164 points on them. it was a blowout by halftime.

For all those having trouble with the Jordan Challenges, you can Save the game at damn near any point. So if you are having a good first quarter or half, then save it. That way if you don't get exactly what you need, you can just load it back to the point where you were doing good. I didnt have to do this for Pro, but I'm trying to beat it on the level that I play on (superstar) and sometimes it can get 
mad.gif

For PS3 people

Sorry for not writting before but was without internet all day ... PS3 port already uploaded ... has all edits that Rashidi gave me and should be an integral port just without a few caps, mostly due to the lack of good ones, thus all should be added by 2nd update.

File Name: The Real NBA 2K11 - Opening Week !
Description: by The Real 2K Insider Rashidi ! Feat Synergy. Work in progress.
PSN Tag: ffaacc03

Tomorrow I will detail the edits that contains.

How did y'all complete the steals portion of the "Last dance" challenge? that one and the flu game are the last two that i have to complete..

I tried playin zone..man to man by swipin at Stockton (too difficult..got fouls called everytime)
Last Dance was fairly easy to me....the Jazz run 1 basic play a lot...Stockton goes to the wing area, Hornacek will clear over to the weakside via the baseline, and set a back pick for Malone to come over to the strongside via the baseline, and Stockton delivers an entry pass (this was the play where MJ got that steal in real life)....just read this play and cheat over i.e. don't follow Hornacek all the way through, once Stockton delivers an entry, just time it and intercept the pass. I got 3 of my steals this way, and got 2 other steals harrasing the ball handler on a double team. I play on Superstar, if that matters.

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

ANYONE have any kind of strategy to make 6 three's in the first half in that Jordan Challenge? It's impossible for me
30t6p3b.gif
i did that one easily once but clyde scored more than 20...now i cant even get a 3 to go in and i got clyde on lock 
mad.gif

Back
Top Bottom