[:NBA ALL-STAR Weekend Thread - NT's Post Game Debate: "Why Didn't Rose Dance?" (PG. 115+):]

What do ya'll think of a NBA all-stars vs. European all-stars game? Would you rather watch that over the dunk contest? Is it a good idea?

Complaints galore...yep it's definitely All Star Weekend.
laugh.gif

The stars are NEVER going to do it. Some of yall need to face that fact.

@Jarrettjack03 PAUSE!!!!!!!!!!! On derrick williams intro definitely against all the man laws ever created. Dudes can't ride on the back of motorcycles
@Jarrettjack03 So he jus gon cover the whole backboard in stickers. This aint a refrigerator.
@Jarrettjack03speaking of cash registers derrick williams got a cash register mouth. #underbite tweet
@Jarrettjack03 Jeremy evans got dolphin teeth #teethingtweet
@Jarrettjack03How u do the worse dunk of all time and win?? Worst dunk contest of all time. But congrats to jeremy evans
@Jarrettjack03They shouldve had kim kardashian jump over kris humphries. And make that crying face she always does when she accepts her trophy.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Some of the dunks this dude Dobbs does just shows you that variations to classic dunks can still be exciting. No excuses. The dunk contest can come back, just not without the marquee names.

John Wall would win the dunk contest, they need more short guards to participate. These 6'8" plus guys are just too lanky to do anything impressive mid air

Yeah the J.Rich vs Desmond Mason match is still the last great dunk contest.

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

John Wall would win the dunk contest, they need more short guards to participate. These 6'8" plus guys are just too lanky to do anything impressive mid air
I think John Wall's dunking ability is overrated. Who else would be competing for him to win? He has bounce, don't get me wrong but a lot of his is reach/length and not bounce. He ain't built like that.

Originally Posted by swooshallday

Originally Posted by dvdjamm5150

Originally Posted by xbiker47

JaVale would do it
JaVale has jumped sharks in actual games...

Kenny Dobbs won
kenny dobbs dunks are amazing!
pimp.gif
is this guy in the NBA?  Those dunks were @@$* n spam, index flex the windex clean. i missed all the festivities and broadcasts.

Originally Posted by KingofIlladelph

Here's an idea to improve the dunk contest:

Invite all the big players (James, Wade, Griffin, etc) to sit in the crowd and watch but require them to wear athletic apparel. Have the dunk contest as usual with the 4 or so competitors. But after the competition itself, allow the players who are in the stands to just have a freestyle dunk off. No judges, no pressure. Just athletes doing their thing for fun.
Mods please delete this dudes post

On the real, John Wall's dunks last night should count cause i think he would've taken it
laugh.gif

They need to figure out a way to give the big names/dunkers motivation to get in this contest and I think they will make up for this one next year. Pay them more, or do it once every 2-3 years, something/anything. I do understand that it's tougher to be innovative nowadays with almost every dunk being done already, but if it's going to continue to be so staged, forced, and gimmicky then I think drastic changes are needed

Originally Posted by Drizzyd

They need to figure out a way to give the big names/dunkers motivation to get in this contest and I think they will make up for this one next year. Pay them more, or do it once every 2-3 years, something/anything. I do understand that it's tougher to be innovative nowadays with almost every dunk being done already, but if it's going to continue to be so staged, forced, and gimmicky then I think drastic changes are needed

What big name players can entertain us on a dunking level?
LeBron: Maybe (Height)

Wade: Hell No

Kobe: HELL No

Melo: Of course Not

Blake: Cool

Rose/Westbrook/Wall: Pick One. Can't really expect much from any of them

JR Smith: I could see him entertaining us

Josh Smith: Not sure about him anymore

Iggy: Yes

So these stars that you all are asking for, what are you really expecting from them? They aren't going to entertain us for the most part. So why the cry for the stars whenever the dunk contest is trash as if they can do any better? 

That's the most notoriety Jarrett Jack has gotten in his career, let alone all star weekend. Had no clue dude was funny tho.

Guy's like JR Smith, Josh Smith & iguodala have already done it yrs ago do they really care to do it again? i doubt that

it could be good if you get young big name player's like blake griffin, john wall, demar derozan and D rose ( he probably won't do it) or other's

DC all american how is Wall dunking ability overrated ? he can jump out the gym & is a creative dunker not just 1 or 2 dunks in his bag like Lebron

^ don't bother arguing with the most negative person on NT, fam. Anyone knows John Wall would be a perfect candidate.

Back
Top Bottom