NBA Draft Thread 2011

I don't see what's so crazy about taking Kanter over Williams, and you could make the case it actually makes more sense for Minny.
D-Will is a 4 who plays like a 3...and so is Beasley. Is D-Will's ceiling really higher than Beasley's? because I don't see the point in having them both.

Everyone has fallen in love with the perimeter player/big man scenario, but I'd definitely think real hard about taking Kanter and going the Twin Towers route.

I bet they leaked that info so some team who wants D-Will would go nuts and throw the kitchen sink @ them for the #2.

I don't see what's so crazy about taking Kanter over Williams, and you could make the case it actually makes more sense for Minny.
D-Will is a 4 who plays like a 3...and so is Beasley. Is D-Will's ceiling really higher than Beasley's? because I don't see the point in having them both.

Everyone has fallen in love with the perimeter player/big man scenario, but I'd definitely think real hard about taking Kanter and going the Twin Towers route.

I bet they leaked that info so some team who wants D-Will would go nuts and throw the kitchen sink @ them for the #2.

Originally Posted by raptors29

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Originally Posted by JPZx

Which means nothing.

If Kahn selects Kanter second overall, I will drive like a @#%@!@@ mad men down to the Target Center and perform an extremely uneducated surgical procedure to remove that nasty %@@ mole on his face, and then force Kurt Rambis to eat it.
It would mean nothing if it was any other program, Duke has had the same coach for 20 years. Coach K is the most overrated coach of all time. You can't have that many players fail at the next level and not take some of the blame. He is a great recruiter for his system there is no arguing that. But the athleticism and mental toughness just isn't there (in his players) Hence why they always choke.

Am I saying Kyrie will suck because he went to Duke? Nah, I hope and think he is a talent I have never seen at Duke before. But I have my doubts.

-UNC Fan.

Wow! A coach's job is to get guys good to win in college. Not help you have a "Good" NBA career. The guys Coach K gets at Duke aren't overly athletic and that's usually what you need to go to the NBA. BTW doesn't Duke have more "successful" guys in the league than UNC?

The "Duke doesn't produce pros" argument is completely played out

Which means nothing.

If Kahn selects Kanter second overall, I will drive like a @#%@!@@ mad men down to the Target Center and perform an extremely uneducated surgical procedure to remove that nasty %@@ mole on his face, and then force Kurt Rambis to eat it.
It would mean nothing if it was any other program, Duke has had the same coach for 20 years. Coach K is the most overrated coach of all time. You can't have that many players fail at the next level and not take some of the blame. He is a great recruiter for his system there is no arguing that. But the athleticism and mental toughness just isn't there (in his players) Hence why they always choke.

Am I saying Kyrie will suck because he went to Duke? Nah, I hope and think he is a talent I have never seen at Duke before. But I have my doubts.

-UNC Fan.

Wow! A coach's job is to get guys good to win in college. Not help you have a "Good" NBA career. The guys Coach K gets at Duke aren't overly athletic and that's usually what you need to go to the NBA. BTW doesn't Duke have more "successful" guys in the league than UNC?

The "Duke doesn't produce pros" argument is completely played out

Which means nothing.

-UNC Fan.

This again 
laugh.gif

Duke is a consistantly great program during the REGULAR season. Post season, not so much. I made a bet with my boy at the beginning of they year - 100$ that UNC would make it farther in the tourney than Duke. I made the bet after they lost to Minnesota. He still asks how the heck I knew they would. I wasn't betting on UNC, I bet against Duke.

I don't want to make this a UNC vs Duke thread debate again. (hence why I admitted from jump to being a UNC fan) But there is no way on God's green earth you are going to convince ME with my eyes that I have, that Duke has better pro players than UNC, not now, not then, not ever.

It isn't an argument that Duke doesn't produce pros, it's the truth. If it's played out to you, I care because?

Which means nothing.

-UNC Fan.

This again 
laugh.gif

Duke is a consistantly great program during the REGULAR season. Post season, not so much. I made a bet with my boy at the beginning of they year - 100$ that UNC would make it farther in the tourney than Duke. I made the bet after they lost to Minnesota. He still asks how the heck I knew they would. I wasn't betting on UNC, I bet against Duke.

I don't want to make this a UNC vs Duke thread debate again. (hence why I admitted from jump to being a UNC fan) But there is no way on God's green earth you are going to convince ME with my eyes that I have, that Duke has better pro players than UNC, not now, not then, not ever.

It isn't an argument that Duke doesn't produce pros, it's the truth. If it's played out to you, I care because?

Originally Posted by blazinjkid

I don't know if Williams' ceiling is higher, but he is extremely efficient and there's no telling if Beasley will ever reach anywhere close to his full potential.  Any team in the NBA could use a guy like Williams.

Originally Posted by blazinjkid

I don't know if Williams' ceiling is higher, but he is extremely efficient and there's no telling if Beasley will ever reach anywhere close to his full potential.  Any team in the NBA could use a guy like Williams.

I hate Duke but UNC hasn't produced much of anything great since a guy named Jordan.  Your best player since then is prolly Vince Carter, a guy with the talent to get there who never did.

And K gets guys that have no right being in the leauge to the league I think that means your a great coach. And Grant Hill was on track to be a top 50 all-time player so your argument is even that much more stupider.

And although I've gotten flack for not christening Kyrie as "CP3" he is the no-brainier no.1 pick although I don't necessarily think he's a perennial all-star, just cause I don't think this draft has any of those.

I hate Duke but UNC hasn't produced much of anything great since a guy named Jordan.  Your best player since then is prolly Vince Carter, a guy with the talent to get there who never did.

And K gets guys that have no right being in the leauge to the league I think that means your a great coach. And Grant Hill was on track to be a top 50 all-time player so your argument is even that much more stupider.

And although I've gotten flack for not christening Kyrie as "CP3" he is the no-brainier no.1 pick although I don't necessarily think he's a perennial all-star, just cause I don't think this draft has any of those.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

I would take the "bum" vince over any duke player playing now. Yes that includes JJ and Carlos Boozer (GOT OVERPAID. TWICE!!!!!)
Since Jordan : Kenny Smith, Daugherty, Rasheed Wallace, and Stackhouse are ALL better than any duke alum not named Hill. 

How is he the "no-brainer" number one pick?

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

I would take the "bum" vince over any duke player playing now. Yes that includes JJ and Carlos Boozer (GOT OVERPAID. TWICE!!!!!)
Since Jordan : Kenny Smith, Daugherty, Rasheed Wallace, and Stackhouse are ALL better than any duke alum not named Hill. 

How is he the "no-brainer" number one pick?

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

I would take the "bum" vince over any duke player playing now.
You're fired.

Signed,
A notorious Duke hater

If you judge Vinces whole career, who is better than him playing now? Boozer? Deng? Not even close. Vince was a top 10 player in the league.

You're fired.

Signed,
A notorious Duke hater

If you judge Vinces whole career, who is better than him playing now? Boozer? Deng? Not even close. Vince was a top 10 player in the league.

You're fired.

Signed,
A notorious Duke hater

You're comparing vince's career to booz who is just now entering his prime. Of course you're going to take vince because he already has achievements. That's like comparing steve nash and deron williams right now.Kenny smith and brad daughtery really better than elton or booz? Really?In all honesty vince hasn't done %%%# since he left toronto, half man half amazing died in canada

You're fired.

Signed,
A notorious Duke hater

You're comparing vince's career to booz who is just now entering his prime. Of course you're going to take vince because he already has achievements. That's like comparing steve nash and deron williams right now.Kenny smith and brad daughtery really better than elton or booz? Really?In all honesty vince hasn't done %%%# since he left toronto, half man half amazing died in canada

Bucks may trade 10 pick to rockets and receive the 14/23 pick. Rockets might be looking to get Ilyosova somehow as well.

Bucks may trade 10 pick to rockets and receive the 14/23 pick. Rockets might be looking to get Ilyosova somehow as well.

Originally Posted by woody2626

You're fired.

Signed,
A notorious Duke hater

You're comparing vince's career to booz who is just now entering his prime. Of course you're going to take vince because he already has achievements. That's like comparing steve nash and deron williams right now.

Kenny smith and brad daughtery really better than elton or booz? Really?

In all honesty vince hasn't done %%%# since he left toronto, half man half amazing died in canada

Boozer is 29. Entering his prime?
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom