NBA Draft Thread 2011

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

I think Blatche is the much bigger problem. Get rid of him and I bet a lot of things would change, on and off the court.
But Blatche is stuck in DC, he is completely untradeable so what do you do in that case.  I know trading someone with the upside of McGee isn't ideal and I agree that its not exactly the best situation to trade him in this weak draft but that team needs to start developing a system/character and those two together make it very hard to do when they are together.

Count me in as one of the guys who thinks the Cavs should take Williams #1 and then either draft Kemba or Knight at #4. I just don't see Irving having the potential to make any all star teams.

Oh and I think Kanter might just end up being the best player in this draft when its all said and done...

Count me in as one of the guys who thinks the Cavs should take Williams #1 and then either draft Kemba or Knight at #4. I just don't see Irving having the potential to make any all star teams.

Oh and I think Kanter might just end up being the best player in this draft when its all said and done...

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

I'd rather have Williams and prolly even Kanter.  I just think McGee is kind of a cancer, he doesn't strike me as a guy who has much interest in getting better or improving as long as he can throw down some dunks/swat some into the stands and do his little military celebration I think he's happy with that.  If I'm the wizards I'm trying to surround Wall with guys who care about winning/improving as much as that kid does and that as long as McGee/Blatche is there that's a team of boneheads.  I understand he is big and athletic but I would be more surprised to see him as a main cog on a championship team than to see him getting caught in a massive drug bust.

I can deal with head cases if they care about winning.  It's why I've come to like Boogie Cousins, kid is off his rocker and immature but you can sense the game matters to him.  I think that is something you either have or don't and I'm not sure it is there with McGee.  It's fine adding a headcase to me if its a team of stable, mature guys (ie Artest on Lakers) but when your a young team I think you have to be wary of building a negative culture which really struck me when watching the wiz this year.  I mean look at Chicago/Dallas this year, those teams thrived on chemistry and one star player, that is as important as anything.  Obv. I don't know Javale so im insinuating but everything about the guy screams clown to me and I've watched enough Knicks basketball the past decade to know clowns usually don't turn that corner.

Pam-McGee-Kissing-Dr-Jay-Slam-dunk-contest.jpg

Basically, I'd prolly pass on having a guy who would pimp out his own mother to win a dunk contest
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Talk about pretentious. Wow.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

I'd rather have Williams and prolly even Kanter.  I just think McGee is kind of a cancer, he doesn't strike me as a guy who has much interest in getting better or improving as long as he can throw down some dunks/swat some into the stands and do his little military celebration I think he's happy with that.  If I'm the wizards I'm trying to surround Wall with guys who care about winning/improving as much as that kid does and that as long as McGee/Blatche is there that's a team of boneheads.  I understand he is big and athletic but I would be more surprised to see him as a main cog on a championship team than to see him getting caught in a massive drug bust.

I can deal with head cases if they care about winning.  It's why I've come to like Boogie Cousins, kid is off his rocker and immature but you can sense the game matters to him.  I think that is something you either have or don't and I'm not sure it is there with McGee.  It's fine adding a headcase to me if its a team of stable, mature guys (ie Artest on Lakers) but when your a young team I think you have to be wary of building a negative culture which really struck me when watching the wiz this year.  I mean look at Chicago/Dallas this year, those teams thrived on chemistry and one star player, that is as important as anything.  Obv. I don't know Javale so im insinuating but everything about the guy screams clown to me and I've watched enough Knicks basketball the past decade to know clowns usually don't turn that corner.

Pam-McGee-Kissing-Dr-Jay-Slam-dunk-contest.jpg

Basically, I'd prolly pass on having a guy who would pimp out his own mother to win a dunk contest
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Talk about pretentious. Wow.

Look at McGee's team. Zero leadership. Look at who he %*@+$!# plays with. Blatche may be the worst influence in the league. Rashard Lewis? Lol. Yi? FOH You gotta give him someone to play with in that frontcourt that actually tries before we say that he's a lost cause.
laugh.gif

Maybe if you have a surplus of good bigs, but the Wiz don't have that. So im not trading my 7 foot athletic freak C who I know can play in this league for guys who I don't know can play in this league.

Look at McGee's team. Zero leadership. Look at who he %*@+$!# plays with. Blatche may be the worst influence in the league. Rashard Lewis? Lol. Yi? FOH You gotta give him someone to play with in that frontcourt that actually tries before we say that he's a lost cause.
laugh.gif

Maybe if you have a surplus of good bigs, but the Wiz don't have that. So im not trading my 7 foot athletic freak C who I know can play in this league for guys who I don't know can play in this league.

Originally Posted by JPZx

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Irving went to duke
Which means nothing.

If Kahn selects Kanter second overall, I will drive like a @#%@!@@ mad men down to the Target Center and perform an extremely uneducated surgical procedure to remove that nasty %@@ mole on his face, and then force Kurt Rambis to eat it.
It would mean nothing if it was any other program, Duke has had the same coach for 20 years. Coach K is the most overrated coach of all time. You can't have that many players fail at the next level and not take some of the blame. He is a great recruiter for his system there is no arguing that. But the athleticism and mental toughness just isn't there (in his players) Hence why they always choke.

Am I saying Kyrie will suck because he went to Duke? Nah, I hope and think he is a talent I have never seen at Duke before. But I have my doubts.

-UNC Fan.

Irving went to duke
Which means nothing.

If Kahn selects Kanter second overall, I will drive like a @#%@!@@ mad men down to the Target Center and perform an extremely uneducated surgical procedure to remove that nasty %@@ mole on his face, and then force Kurt Rambis to eat it.
It would mean nothing if it was any other program, Duke has had the same coach for 20 years. Coach K is the most overrated coach of all time. You can't have that many players fail at the next level and not take some of the blame. He is a great recruiter for his system there is no arguing that. But the athleticism and mental toughness just isn't there (in his players) Hence why they always choke.

Am I saying Kyrie will suck because he went to Duke? Nah, I hope and think he is a talent I have never seen at Duke before. But I have my doubts.

-UNC Fan.

The visual.
sick.gif

The visual.
sick.gif

Irving went to duke
Which means nothing.

-UNC Fan.

Wow! A coach's job is to get guys good to win in college. Not help you have a "Good" NBA career. The guys Coach K gets at Duke aren't overly athletic and that's usually what you need to go to the NBA. BTW doesn't Duke have more "successful" guys in the league than UNC?

Irving went to duke
Which means nothing.

-UNC Fan.

Wow! A coach's job is to get guys good to win in college. Not help you have a "Good" NBA career. The guys Coach K gets at Duke aren't overly athletic and that's usually what you need to go to the NBA. BTW doesn't Duke have more "successful" guys in the league than UNC?

Pistons... trade Rip and Tay to CLE for #4... trade #8 to HOU for #14 and #24... 5 picks in the first two rounds and two huge contracts gone... do it

Pistons... trade Rip and Tay to CLE for #4... trade #8 to HOU for #14 and #24... 5 picks in the first two rounds and two huge contracts gone... do it

Back
Top Bottom