NBA Draft Thread 2011

laugh.gif

Rick Rubio is currently playing in a system with a ball dominating 2 gaurd euroleague MVP in Jaun Carlos Navarro, half the time he is relegated t being a spot up shooter, his worst skill as a basketball player.

I'm not saying I'm locking him into him to being a perenial all star but I think it's really silly to be writing him off based on one bad season.

People forget his first season he was amazing, won defensive player of the year I belive, he had a 22 PER, the only thing thats failing him right now is his jumpshot, he shot 42% a that season but around 30 now, but in the NBA, a less physical faster paced game with more free flowing offense I think the old Ricky Rubio will emerge.

Rick Rubio is currently playing in a system with a ball dominating 2 gaurd euroleague MVP in Jaun Carlos Navarro, half the time he is relegated t being a spot up shooter, his worst skill as a basketball player.

I'm not saying I'm locking him into him to being a perenial all star but I think it's really silly to be writing him off based on one bad season.

People forget his first season he was amazing, won defensive player of the year I belive, he had a 22 PER, the only thing thats failing him right now is his jumpshot, he shot 42% a that season but around 30 now, but in the NBA, a less physical faster paced game with more free flowing offense I think the old Ricky Rubio will emerge.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

agreed... but I feel like most of the NBA has already done that and his trade value really really reflects that right now. 

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

agreed... but I feel like most of the NBA has already done that and his trade value really really reflects that right now. 

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Exactly, he failed in the NBA...Why would he rush back to it? And that was UMASS, this is Kentucky. Completely different.

I hate to co-sign BucEm, but he's right...it's been 10 years.  Same reasons why Pitino's name was mentioned in the Nets coaching search last year and also why folks are/were talking about him being a part of the Knicks FO (or coaching) in the near future. 

What are you talking about in regards to Calipari "rushing" back in to coaching in the NBA?  Also, what do you mean "that was UMass?"  Do you know how revelant they were back in the 90s? 

If he comes back to the NBA and fails, he'll still have his pick of just about ANY coaching job in the country and will still make a Kings ransom in salary. 
Kentucky =/= UMASS

If you win at Kentucky your a God.  He already is a God there.  NBA head coaching is much more stresfful than college, more time on the road.  Cal gets whatever kid he wants basically, handpicks his team on a year to year basis.  Why would he leave that for the uncertainty of the year-to-year NBA grind. You acting like he had some deep, heartfelt ties to those kids.  He coached them for a year
laugh.gif
.  Cal prolly could have been coaching Chicago right now a much better job, but he said he had zero interest.

He already makes a kings ransom now, the NBA isn't going to be paying much more if at all than Kentucky does.  And if he even hints at leaving Kentucky boosters will come and throw more money at him.  Your talking as if Pitino left, their is a reason he didn't.   College life is a lot easier than the NBA.  Same reason Billy D. said let me rethink this before he went to Orlando.  Cal isn't going to leave unless it s a job that presents a situation where he can step in and win right away which isn't D.C.

But how can you say that? 

The fact that Cal even listened to the Bulls really should tell you about the loyalty to UK.  If the money is right, he'll bounce.  Depends on if teams are going to be willing to shell out more than he makes at UK. 

He probably won't take a dead-end job like with the Bobcats or Pistons, but why wouldn't he be interested in a team that SHOULD be trending up like the Wizards? 

Again...it's ALL a hypothetical because no one knows the future of Flip.  However, I wouldn't be shocked if Cal's name is mentioned as a possible replacement. 

*As far as Pitino...didn't he listen to a pitch from the Nets?  Again...these guys are smart.  There isn't any loyalty in college or pro sports.  Highest bidder usually wins. 

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Exactly, he failed in the NBA...Why would he rush back to it? And that was UMASS, this is Kentucky. Completely different.

I hate to co-sign BucEm, but he's right...it's been 10 years.  Same reasons why Pitino's name was mentioned in the Nets coaching search last year and also why folks are/were talking about him being a part of the Knicks FO (or coaching) in the near future. 

What are you talking about in regards to Calipari "rushing" back in to coaching in the NBA?  Also, what do you mean "that was UMass?"  Do you know how revelant they were back in the 90s? 

If he comes back to the NBA and fails, he'll still have his pick of just about ANY coaching job in the country and will still make a Kings ransom in salary. 
Kentucky =/= UMASS

If you win at Kentucky your a God.  He already is a God there.  NBA head coaching is much more stresfful than college, more time on the road.  Cal gets whatever kid he wants basically, handpicks his team on a year to year basis.  Why would he leave that for the uncertainty of the year-to-year NBA grind. You acting like he had some deep, heartfelt ties to those kids.  He coached them for a year
laugh.gif
.  Cal prolly could have been coaching Chicago right now a much better job, but he said he had zero interest.

He already makes a kings ransom now, the NBA isn't going to be paying much more if at all than Kentucky does.  And if he even hints at leaving Kentucky boosters will come and throw more money at him.  Your talking as if Pitino left, their is a reason he didn't.   College life is a lot easier than the NBA.  Same reason Billy D. said let me rethink this before he went to Orlando.  Cal isn't going to leave unless it s a job that presents a situation where he can step in and win right away which isn't D.C.

But how can you say that? 

The fact that Cal even listened to the Bulls really should tell you about the loyalty to UK.  If the money is right, he'll bounce.  Depends on if teams are going to be willing to shell out more than he makes at UK. 

He probably won't take a dead-end job like with the Bobcats or Pistons, but why wouldn't he be interested in a team that SHOULD be trending up like the Wizards? 

Again...it's ALL a hypothetical because no one knows the future of Flip.  However, I wouldn't be shocked if Cal's name is mentioned as a possible replacement. 

*As far as Pitino...didn't he listen to a pitch from the Nets?  Again...these guys are smart.  There isn't any loyalty in college or pro sports.  Highest bidder usually wins. 

can someone explain how some teams in the 12th, 13th and 14th spot of the lottery move all the way up to 1st, 2nd or 3rd pick if their pick doesn't show up in the expected order? it has happened a few times and i don't get how some teams automatically move up to the top 3

can someone explain how some teams in the 12th, 13th and 14th spot of the lottery move all the way up to 1st, 2nd or 3rd pick if their pick doesn't show up in the expected order? it has happened a few times and i don't get how some teams automatically move up to the top 3

Always liked the draft threads. None of the fans from the good teams here talking about rings and !!# to kill the arguments. 
laugh.gif

Gluck to all the lottery teams.

Always liked the draft threads. None of the fans from the good teams here talking about rings and !!# to kill the arguments. 
laugh.gif

Gluck to all the lottery teams.

I'm always been a proponent of taking the best player available and then worrying about the dominoes later, but I would say Derrick Williams.

Udoh played a lot better towards the end of the year, but he's still not a guarantee. Williams isn't a guarantee either, but I see a higher upside in him. They have different strengths, though.

I'm always been a proponent of taking the best player available and then worrying about the dominoes later, but I would say Derrick Williams.

Udoh played a lot better towards the end of the year, but he's still not a guarantee. Williams isn't a guarantee either, but I see a higher upside in him. They have different strengths, though.

Having seen almost every game of Derrick Williams career its amazing to have seen his development over the past 2 years.  He was a good as a freshman but watching the leap to being a dominant player in his sophomore season was amazing.  He's only 19 and will continue to get better and has a good head on his shoulders with a great work ethic and a skill set that is conducive to him succeeding at the highest level.  I don't see any scenario where he is not at least a solid NBA player with his upside being much higher than that.

Having seen almost every game of Derrick Williams career its amazing to have seen his development over the past 2 years.  He was a good as a freshman but watching the leap to being a dominant player in his sophomore season was amazing.  He's only 19 and will continue to get better and has a good head on his shoulders with a great work ethic and a skill set that is conducive to him succeeding at the highest level.  I don't see any scenario where he is not at least a solid NBA player with his upside being much higher than that.

Back
Top Bottom