• Clippers

Votes: 5 3.1%
  • Other West Team

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • Other East Team

Votes: 2 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I was one of those posters that kept saying Warriors don't need KD. That they were a 73 win team without him.

I was wrong.

They do need him.
Im not in disagreement or agreement with your post.

It’s hard to really say with certainty. KD was the ultimate cheat code for the warriors and makes them unbeatable. but if there’s one thing this series confirmed it’s that the warriors sacrificed depth to sign him. Who knows what better role players they couldve added to their rotation sans KD. Warriors have rolled the dice with two way players, g-leaguers, and second round picks as dudes coming off the bench. Bogut, McKinnie, Bell, and Cook are dudes who probably wouldnt have made a roster on most teams but got considerable minutes at some point in this year’s playoffs. It’s a calculated risk that’s worked for them when healthy. And if im bob myers, I’d do it again in a heartbeat

This a bit tangential but people are (rightfully) commending the raps’ GM for getting Kawhi, who could very well be a one year rental. If kawhi jets that raps team will be in worse shape than next years injury-riddled warriors. But one championship is all it takes to validate a GM’s decision. Warriors squeezed out two from KD.

in the words of NWA, **** the police....especially Oakland PD.

I’m pissed but somehow not surprised that some **** like this transpired :smh:
They said the cop said he didnt have credentials to be on the court. Peep Masai hand.

upload_2019-6-15_0-53-27.jpeg

One team got the finals, the other didn't. One team has one 3 or of 5 finals, the other team hasn't won a chip in decades. One team still competed with injuries in the playoffs while the other sat at home in the playoffs without a glimmer of hope in the horizon. Two different teams. One is ranked #2 while the other is rank in the high 20's at best.

Did you remember to take your blood pressure medication today?

Credentials in hand
16385D4A-1936-4EB1-BCE4-BE05A160EDE5.jpeg

That Officer and that police dept gonna look funny in the light for saying he didn’t have credentials in hand.

So the Oakland cops and GS fan base are one in the same
Cops assaulting black NBA execs and the fans think its okay to assault black NBAplayers

Wow dudes really blaming Danny Green for making a defensive play in a must win game? I’m sure none of you guys in Danny’s position would just give up a lay up in the finals

Wow dudes really blaming Danny Green for making a defensive play in a must win game? I’m sure none of you guys in Danny’s position would just give up a lay up in the finals
Gsw fans: Arrest Danny green officer, he assaulted Klay Thompson thus causing bodily injury to him and we lost the game cause of him. We bear witness to the crime that was committed, it was definitely him, I’m willing to testify in court. We want swift justice for the victim .
upload_2019-6-15_3-13-13.png

upload_2019-6-15_3-15-41.jpeg

Last edited:
Warriors couldve still won if Klay was healthy. They dont need KD to win a championship, but it does make it easier and more secure.
Draymond wouldn't have called KD and asked him to sign with GS if they didnt need him to win a championship
The GM wouldn't have signed KD if they didnt need him to win a championship
They signed him in the off season after they had just made history blowing a 3-1 lead in the Finals

Draymond wouldn't have called KD and asked him to sign with GS if they didnt need him to win a championship
The GM wouldn't have signed KD if they didnt need him to win a championship
They signed him in the off season after they had just made history blowing a 3-1 lead in the Finals
This.
They gave up their depth in order to sign KD, while signing vets to a minimum contract.
Without KD, they'd still be the favorites to win. But signing KD pretty much made it a lock, assuming they're all healthy.

Golden State looked vulnerable against OKC in the conference finals.
Luckily, Klay bailed them out with one of the most impressive runs I've ever seen in my life.
Loosing to the Cavs after that 3-1 lead was probably the last straw.

Don't get me wrong, that Warriors team that went 73-9 was still a great team.
However, I don't think they would've won those two rings without KD.

Back
Top Bottom