• Clippers

Votes: 5 3.1%
  • Other West Team

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • Other East Team

Votes: 2 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm with it. I don't really blame either totally for the loss.

I just think that Russ as a player won't get OKC far, ever. And for that reason, he needs to be examined first and foremost.

I mean, there are even early signs that the NBA is even getting tired of russ' antics with media and fans interactions.

These things are systemic and the game is just a byproduct of everything that is 'russ'.

Imo
Man the game is the game. We can discuss and dissect.

But as far as off the court its just a matter of opinion. Plenty ppl with Russ approach and or attitude have found success in sports. To me him saying next question is not connected to him not winning. Pop got plenty of rings and isn't with the bull **** when dealing with the media.

I love Russ reactions and attitude dealing with the media. They ask stupid questions constantly. He's not with the play along programmed answer like he reading off a script. Its annoying in a win or loss. Hope he never changes in that regard.

Last edited:
You know I thought Dame was slightly below Westbrook but he leapfroged and widened the gap so much during this series.

This series :lol:

In all seriousness,

The Thunder have the 2017 MVP, a guy who's 1st team all NBA,

they shouldn't be losing to the blazers minus their 2nd best player this year, let alone 4-1. On the heels of what happened last year.

Blow the whole thing up. There's just no way to win in the NBA with this team construct. Your PG who shoots this poorly can't be this important to your team's success it's going to kill you come playoff time.

Man typed all that just to say 'Russ sucks' and act like he was saying something profound :lol:

Even gave pg a preview in the 3rd quarter to show him that it's not a 'bad shot'.
SmartSelect_20190424-040159_YouTube Vanced.gif

Damn I remember hearing about Dames step brother being shot last year and thought that was him. Anyways can’t believe some clown wanted Stouts to be fired in here

In all seriousness,

The Thunder have the 2017 MVP, a guy who's 1st team all NBA,

they shouldn't be losing to the blazers minus their 2nd best player this year, let alone 4-1. On the heels of what happened last year.

Blow the whole thing up. There's just no way to win in the NBA with this team construct. Your PG who shoots this poorly can't be this important to your team's success it's going to kill you come playoff time.
How do you blow it up you JUST signed PG this year, and Westbrook last year? Also who do you make the focus of the team PG or Westbrook.
They not trading Russell Westbrook. Billy D on the first thing smoking outta there though.

Only tradable asset they have is Adams.
Another coaching change, because that hasn't been tried before. Nobody is going to get through to this guy, also who is even available. As a Laker I am well aware of the potential coaches and none really jump out for the Lakers or the Thunder. Howard? Lue? Monty? Kidd?

Definitely not reading 25 pages back lol too washed for that

OKC needs to blow it up. PG hella goofed

Dame a real one. Redeemed himself from last year but that goes to show that Jrue > Westbrook lol

guy avgs triple double each year past 3 years wins mvp and can't get his team out first round...
1. he is not avg triple double in the playoffs
2. i dont care you got 14 assists no business shooting 31 times especially when george is 14/20
3. its been clear for years now that KD left because of this guy
4. okc would have been way better off trading westbrook before KD left
5. please stop voting for this guy all nba hes a bum.

The blame for all of this mostly falls on the shoulders of three people

Russell Westbrook, for playing an inefficient and selfish brand of basketball that is not conducive to winning, being told this for years, and refusing to change anything about his game. He is the most selfish basketball player I have ever seen in my life and to me the most selfish player of all time. Even after KD left and said exactly why he left Russell Westbrook looked to make no changes. What did he do instead? Start forcing it more and engineering this whole triple double thing which sells the facade of him not being selfish because "how can he be selfish if he's getting assists" but that's far from true. He's constantly dominating the basketball instead of deferring to players who are better than him.

Sam Presti, for being in love with one style of building a team so much that it caused him to make the worst trade of all time, over pay Steven Adams, and then keep drafting the same kind of player over and over in hopes that they can make them into a shooter like what happened in San Antonio. This roster is pretty much what it is now and outside of trading PG or Westbrook material changes can't be made, but he needs to look in the mirror and shoulder some of the responsibility.

Clay Bennett, for crying poverty when they were the fifth most profitable team in the league that season and coming off the heels of a NBA Finals trip, and saying that he didn't want to pay the tax which caused the worst trade in NBA history to happen in the first place.

There are other parties who should be blamed here but it starts with these three people.

For my money I will say Westbrook should shoulder the brunt of this because for all the mistakes that Presti and Bennett made, you still had Kevin Durant and he left because of Westbrook. He ran Kevin Durant off.

Back
Top Bottom