NBA Legacy Thread, Update Resumes

Nick young was never had as much hops
Manu,Ray also wasn't as big and strong plus not as athletic as Kobe
Allan Houston was flat out not the same athlete
I doubt Brent Barry has that same wiery strong frame as Kobe
Just look at the top dunks of Kobe those baseline dunks the one on Dwight he was a freak just a tier Lower than LeBron and MJ

Nick young was never had as much hops
Manu,Ray also wasn't as big and strong plus not as athletic as Kobe
Allan Houston was flat out not the same athlete
I doubt Brent Barry has that same wiery strong frame as Kobe
Just look at the top dunks of Kobe those baseline dunks the one on Dwight he was a freak just a tier Lower than LeBron and MJ

So you're pretty much saying that Kobe had Vince Carter level of athleticism and this is based only on his highlight dunks, quite a few of which are a result of his elite level footwork. Honestly the only one I would say that doesn't match up as far as speed and leaping ability is Allan Houston but that doesn't mean that Allan Houston wasn't a prototypical SG.

Ray Allen is only an inch shorter than Kobe and their weight has always been within 10-15lbs of each, unless you're referring to season when Kobe bulked up to about 225. BTW I'm not downplaying Kobe's natural athletic talent. I'm only stating that on a night to night basis he always had someone that could in the very least physically/athletically match up to him.

Last edited:
You can be physically and athletically gifted.  It's what you do with it that matters.   There have been plenty of athletic wings/players but they don't really reach a level of being "great."

Btw I like it when people say Jordan's teams where stacked with talent while he was winning.

Let see the talent:

Pippen ok will give you that one.
Paxson. Journeyman 3 point shooter.
BJ avg point guard, no jumpshot.
Luc Longley No explanation needed.
Bill Cartright 80 year old in a 36 year old body
Stacy King :lol:
Kerr Another journeyman 3 point shooter
Harper read above minus the 3 point shooting
Kukoc Overrated Europlayer. Dude was not that good to be honest.
Rodman Past his prime, but a great rebounder. Hall of fame rebounder.
Horace G. Solid 4. Not a superstar though

Was is most impressive was that Jordan won during the prime era of big men. Shaq, the admiral, the dream, Patrick, ZO, Mutombo, KEMP ECT.

heard Colin say on his show that when Dwight retires he's gonna be top 50 , I agreed but Whitlock and the other dude they had on started cracking up though :lol:

Btw I like it when people say Jordan's teams where stacked with talent while he was winning.

Let see the talent:

Stacy King
laugh.gif

Was is most impressive was that Jordan won during the prime era of big men. Shaq, the admiral, the dream, Patrick, ZO, Mutombo, KEMP ECT.
You just going to disrespect my guy and leave Jud Buechler off this list?? 
roll.gif
Kidding.  You have to remember that when you say Pippen, he was arguably the second best player in the league behind MJ....might be like saying Kobe and LBJ lol.  I think that this also goes to show how much of the GOAT MJ is though and how good Phil and that triangle system fit with the teams they had.  

To me the 90s is the best generation of NBA. So many great players that were around. From Mitch Richmond to GP to the mailman.

Top 5 in that era
MJ
SHAQ
The Dream
GP
PIP

Mitch Richmonds name was said in this thread.

Kerry Kittles lol.

Last edited:

Let see the talent:

If all of this is true, how did the Bulls win 55 games with MJ playing baseball?

it really depends on the year , he was top 5 every year 92-96 but Malone,barkley,hakeem,robinson,shaq
Where equally as good in not better in the early/mid 90's for me .
I can agree with you on that list, maybe not Malone, but overall I wouldn't argue with you lol.  Those players were nasty in the 90s.  I'm a little biased because I loved those Bulls teams in the 90s lol.  

Honestly so much of these arguments will come down to what rule set we are using.

No 3 point line?

no 3 point line + wider lane?

3 point line, + hand checking, but no zone defense?

3 point line, + zone defense.

The rules loom so large.

No hypotheticals. It's not "whos's better than who". It's who had a batter career/dominated their eras.

Dirk is also a great player, and he was a lights out offensive player in his peak. Unrivaled shooter...

but the Mavs are a very well run/built organization. Dirk's team was built around him to the tee. They also did an amazing job of hiding him on defense.

He's great, but can't get into a top X list being literal food on defense, not being a dynamic playmaker, etc. No slight, he just gets capped ultimately.

Magic was considered "food" on defense by some. Lakers hid him. He played with two of the best defenders (Cooper, Wilt, etc).

Dirk by 07 wasn't a bad defender. He was an average one. Was never out of position. Understood his role, came up with a lot of steals for a PF.

We should not judge a 7ft scoring PF by his playmaking abilities. That was not required of Dirk. Dirk in his prime scored at an elite level, and rebounded at a good level.

When they won he hardly got any steals.

He wasn't the primary playmaker, Trix & Kidd were the ones playing D on perimeter threats & Tyson was the one defending the bigs.

Great player, but he only checked two boxes. other greats checked several boxes. Dirk should absolutely be knocked for that.

How can anyone say peak ____ >>>>> peak LeBron? That's a crazy exaggeration. Peak LeBron was as good as anyone who's ever played.

Peak Shaq was better than Bron in his prime.

Y'all really forget how literally unstoppable Shaq was in his prime? Only criticism of Shaq was he could've been a better defender...and could've been a better player if he worked harder.

If Shaq put in the work....he's a top 3 player no question. Him being "lazy" puts him in the 5-10 range.
What Bron did against Golden State was more impressive than any individual series from Shaq.

His 2011 playoff run stacks up against any Laker run from Shaq.

Last edited:
I can agree with you on that list, maybe not Malone, but overall I wouldn't argue with you lol.  Those players were nasty in the 90s.  I'm a little biased because I loved those Bulls teams in the 90s lol.  
same , its splitting hairs , pippen truly was the bleprint for these two way guys playing the 3 .

When they won he hardly got any steals.

He wasn't the primary playmaker, Trix & Kidd were the ones playing D on perimeter threats & Tyson was the one defending the bigs.

Great player, but he only checked two boxes. other greats checked several boxes. Dirk should absolutely be knocked for that.
What Bron did against Golden State was more impressive than any individual series from Shaq.

His 2011 playoff run stacks up against any Laker run from Shaq.

Disagree. Shaquille was unstoppable. LEBRON is great in his own right, but he has off nights sometimes defer the final shot. Shaq had no equal in his prime. It's funny shaq downfall or lack of appreciation seems to happen to often due to his off years at the end of his career. He's Top10 in my book.

Let see the talent:

I probably wouldn't just glance over Phil Jackson - and that goes for Shaq and Kobe too - but that's just me.

Disagree. Shaquille was unstoppable. LEBRON is great in his own right, but he has off nights sometimes defer the final shot. Shaq had no equal in his prime. It's funny shaq downfall or lack of appreciation seems to happen to often due to his off years at the end of his career. He's Top10 in my book.

Agree, Shaqs ceiling was as high as any player ever. When he was motivated and healthy...my goodness he took over games on all ends. That said, a guy like Lebron and his ceiling aren't far off. As said earlier, lot of splitting hairs here

Last edited:
If Shaq had a work ethic like LeBron, he coulda been the GOAT. Instead, he's on the outside of the Top 10, looking in.

Back
Top Bottom