NBA Live 13 Cancelled. vol. AGAIN?!

After a lot of consideration, we have made the decision to not launch NBA LIVE 13. I'd like to give you a bit of perspective.

When we started the process of bringing back NBA LIVE, we knew it was going to be a long journey. We started by moving the game to a new studio. We brought in some of the best new technology that has helped fuel innovation in our other games. We launched an even deeper level of engagement with our community to gather more feedback directly from fans. And we built a whole new development team to bring it all to life. We felt like we were on the right path.

We also made a commitment to deliver a high quality experience — this is what our fans expect and what we demand of ourselves at EA SPORTS. But making great games is not easy, and we're just not there yet on NBA LIVE 13. Having continued to look at the game over the past few days, it's clear that we won't be ready in October. And rather than launch midway through the season, we're going to sit out the full year and stay focused on making next year’s game great. This decision puts us on the right track for success well into the future in a rapidly changing industry.

I'm disappointed that we have not yet met our high expectations with NBA LIVE, but I remain motivated about where we're going. We're committed to delivering new innovation in online, and our progress in the visual presentation of the game continues to take big strides. We also know that a great game starts with great gameplay, and this remains a huge priority for us.

This wasn't an easy decision, but it's the right one for our fans. I hope you'll agree when you're able to play the game next year.

NBA 2K kicking our *** again!

Andrew Wilson
Executive Vice President, EA SPORTS

Last edited:
Damn, I guess you can say that EA knows...what's losin like

Last edited:
Can they take Madden and the team that works on it out to pasture too? What good trade in deals are going on.

Posted this in the 2K thread as well. Copied from OS and its true:

People laughing about this? To me, it is a sad day for sports gamers.

We've now been reduced to ONE NBA game and ZERO College Basketball games. Several years ago we had three NBA games and two NCAA games.

Add in no competition in football and baseball games (hell, 360 users won't even have a baseball game next year) and we are in trouble as sports gamers.

Damn I was really looking toward to this game I'm a huge live fan always have been but now I guess I'm getting 2k this year...is there a roster updated for live 10 at least lol

Update: Essentially the same story why they haven't had anything past Live 10. Apparently the game code had to be completely redone from when it was sent down through EA Canada. They could have a finished product by Dec./Jan., but will hold-off until next year since 2K13 would already have a grasp on the market considering we'd be well into the NBA season...

isnt that what they said last year?
Yup.

This will be a game... a basketball game at that, literally 3 years in development, that is ******g sad.

Its going to be horrible fam... Its sad because I didn't think of it that way until you just said that :smh:
If anything, whenever they do drop a Basketball game, it better be good. Period. They will have no excuses for a flop when they actually get their **** together.

Anybody know if they plan to revive nba street? Or if they plan to do vol 2 with online support on psn or live

to be 100% honest i didn't even know this was supposed to release 

edit: just seen that game play video that shi* looks terrible

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom