NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

i dont understand why some people think the heat have to gice up beasley. The jazz have no leverage in trading boozer. they want to get rid of him so the heatdont have to throw anything special at him and LO is a free agent

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Chalmers
Wade
LO
Boozer
O'Neal

Beasley/Moon/Chris Quinn

Not much depth, but it's a good start, I guess...
bench:
beverley
cook
moon
beasley
maglorie... i think that having moon, LO, beasley, boozer J.O. that can rotate between 3,4,5.. would be a good look...

smh.gif

Memphis helping another team get better. Well not really because they get Odom and Boozer out the West.
laugh.gif
At least they would get Dorrell Wright out of the deal. I would hope for Moonor just not participate in the deal at all. That other small contract Miami might include could be Quinn who would be the backup PG. He's the only otherguy on the team with a small deal that Miami would realistically give away.

I honestly don't mind these 'financial' deals being made. It's not like they hurt us. We get cash and the random pick or two for facilitatingit, and we go on our way. These teams would more than likely find other ways to make it work without us anyway, I just don't like that it has happened morethan once already this off-season.

Odom wants 5/45 from us? 9 mil per?

We have a 3 year window with our core........

2 extra years at 18 mill, he'll be 32 with those two years left.......

I'd rather a 4 year deal, but if that's all it is, an extra year for 9 mil, I say give it to him and let's call it a summer.

Although, if all the Heat can offer is 5/34, then maybe we can add that 5th year, but make it 8 per, only giving up 40 mill, still more then Miami, but savinus a few dollars.
ohwell.gif

JA, just looked at the first page, nice work with the full summary/recap man.
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
AV getting away with highway robbery.

i said about 20 pages ago that the heat would be real good if they got boozer and i got flamed for it,forget you all who said that,i dont see you saying thatnow that other people are saying it.

^
You said Boozer, these people are talking Boozer AND Odom.
wink.gif

You were talking about contending with just Booz, one player away basically, and a decent player only at that.

Boozer and another guy paired with Wade gives you a much better chance, but you'll still be 4th in the East. So relax.

Originally Posted by CP1708

^
You said Boozer, these people are talking Boozer AND Odom.
wink.gif

You were talking about contending with just Booz, one player away basically, and a decent player only at that.

Boozer and another guy paired with Wade gives you a much better chance, but you'll still be 4th in the East. So relax.
Well put.

CP1708 wrote:

JA, just looked at the first page, nice work with the full summary/recap man.

AV getting away with highway robbery.

Yeah JA, great job ! By looking at it I can tell you're a perfectionist like me. I only saw 1 thing that you wouldn't want on there to be incorrect.

Which is: Ben Wallace -> Phoenix Suns Previosuly on the: Phoenix Suns

laugh.gif
@ AV comment

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

Originally Posted by parada45

Whats up with Amare?

I was sure he would be out of PHX by now

I guess the market for soft bigs with bad knees and one eye isn't what it used to be.

You're bein a little hard on the guy, everybody needs a big who can get outrebounded by a slow white canandian little guy on occasion.

Maybe the Hornets will make a signing someday.

I'm not asking for much. One from each group would suffice:

Linas Kleiza
Von Wafer
Rodney Carney

Hakim Warrick
Chris Wilcox
Leon Powe

For the life of me, I don't get why the Hornets let Pargo walk.

He was lighting it up for that squad.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Maybe the Hornets will make a signing someday.

I'm not asking for much. One from each group would suffice:

Linas Kleiza
Von Wafer
Rodney Carney

Hakim Warrick
Chris Wilcox
Leon Powe

Warrick for 2010 first round pick.

Trying to get rid of all Rudy's distractions. Lowry's gone, now Hak needs to leave and let Arthur develop.
laugh.gif

^isnt warrick an FA...?
and the hornets aren't stupid. they're in finacial trouble, but no way do they give a first round pick in a lottery thats predicted to be"deep"

Even though I despise James Posey, I be all for a Warrick-Posey trade
nerd.gif

It be a step in the right direction for Memphis, though he's getting up there in age already.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

nerd.gif

It be a step in the right direction for Memphis, though he's getting up there in age already.

I would love to have Posey back. Too bad Heisley wouldn't take Posey's salary for 3 more years though.
eyes.gif

^isnt warrick an FA...?
and the hornets aren't stupid. they're in finacial trouble, but no way do they give a first round pick in a lottery thats predicted to be "deep"
Yeah, he's restricted and nobody is offering him. They could do a sign and trade for him or they can deal him and Hak accept his QO.

And yes, the Hornets are pretty stupid.

^wouldn't be an bad trade for both teams.
hornets are better off getting both leon powe +wilcox then warrick. they'll be much cheaper, and more reliable.
von wafer is close to signing somewhere, forgot where. i belive the raps are interested in linas too. you really want rodney carney on your team?
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

He's athletic and he can score; exactly what the Hornets need.

Pair him with Chris Paul, and you have a whole new Rod Carney. Runouts and open threes galore.
nerd.gif
I'll trade you James Posey for Bryant Reeves right now.

Carney wasn't too bad last year in Minnesota.

He's young, athletic and is an okay shooter. Could be the next Ariza with added experience.

Back
Top Bottom