NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

Predictable. Jazz had to do it.

Can't let Milsap walk to a division rival, and then watch Boozer walk next year as well.

Here's what I don't get though, so they go after Hedo, SF, then Milsap, PF, now because those guys don't come, go get a PG?

Are they just trying to give their money to someone? Shouldn't the goal be to improve the team period, and not just go from one to the next offeringdeals?

If they've missed out on both, and can't get a big name in town, screw it, keep the money, re-sign the guys you already have and are pissing off, andsee what happens at the deadline.
You know damn well, if they did sign Andre, the press conference would be "well, this is the guy we wanted all along, we're happy to get him, we justwanted to offer millions and millions of dollars to other players first to make him jealous."

I hate when teams do that. So just stand pat Portland. Re-sign Roy, re-up LA, and hope your young roster improves to compete next season.

Originally Posted by franchise3

Now what's Portland to do? Andre Miller?
The team is not sold on him at all. I have no clue. Talks of going for the "BPA" has a lot of fans wanting the team to go after Odom,but that is completely unlikely IMO.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Here's what I don't get though, so they go after Hedo, SF, then Milsap, PF, now because those guys don't come, go get a PG?

Are they just trying to give their money to someone? Shouldn't the goal be to improve the team period, and not just go from one to the next offering deals?

If they've missed out on both, and can't get a big name in town, screw it, keep the money, re-sign the guys you already have and are pissing off, and see what happens at the deadline.
You know damn well, if they did sign Andre, the press conference would be "well, this is the guy we wanted all along, we're happy to get him, we just wanted to offer millions and millions of dollars to other players first to make him jealous."

I hate when teams do that. So just stand pat Portland. Re-sign Roy, re-up LA, and hope your young roster improves to compete next season.
I am sure that cap space can come in handy during the season to get a good player a horrible team is trying to dump. I think the next priorityafter the Millsap bs is to SIGN ROY!!!! and then Aldridge before the whole city goes for Pritchards blood
laugh.gif

smoke screen to make other teams overpay?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

i agree though, just keep your money and resign all that young talent. they def. need a veteran presence though, but i guess the whole team itself can beveterans if they keep playing together..

laugh.gif
What the hell is Utah going to do with Boozer now? They're going to get minimum value for him.

34/5 for Odom is interesting, I can see him leaving.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

laugh.gif
What the hell is Utah going to do with Boozer now? They're going to get minimum value for him.

34/5 for Odom is interesting, I can see him leaving.
For each passing day, I'm starting to think they trade him during the season.

Originally Posted by JONFARR

Originally Posted by CP1708

Are they just trying to give their money to someone? Shouldn't the goal be to improve the team period, and not just go from one to the next offering deals?

If they've missed out on both, and can't get a big name in town, screw it, keep the money, re-sign the guys you already have and are pissing off, and see what happens at the deadline.
You know damn well, if they did sign Andre, the press conference would be "well, this is the guy we wanted all along, we're happy to get him, we just wanted to offer millions and millions of dollars to other players first to make him jealous."

I am sure that cap space can come in handy during the season to get a good player a horrible team is trying to dump. I think the next priority after the Millsap bs is to SIGN ROY!!!! and then Aldridge before the whole city goes for Pritchards blood
laugh.gif
But... that would make sense. Anyways, I think if Pritchard will come around and sign Roy to a max, but I'm not sure about Aldridge. He'salready gone after Millsap, so who knows what he's planning on doing in the long run with LA.
At this point I'd really hope Pritchard does what you said; wait for a good player to pick up in season.

I don't see Odom signing it unless L.A. takes their offer completely off the table.

Why play for roughly the same amount of money over a longer period of time?

*sigh*

This is all panning out like I expected.

-Utah would match
-Boozer will be had for VERY cheap and I will laugh because if he signs an extension with the team he goes to, it will remind me of the Pau deal
-Portland just might screw up still and go after some other player with their money for no apparent reason instead of saving.

If Portland goes after Odom, I will just
indifferent.gif
them. It's liketheir virgins trying to have sex for the first time and attempting to pay %%@!!* after %%@!!* to have sex with them.
laugh.gif

Save your damn money and extend your players or use it at the deadline.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

If Portland goes after Odom, I will just
indifferent.gif
them. It's like their virgins trying to have sex for the first time and attempting to pay %%@!!* after %%@!!* to have sex with them.
laugh.gif

Great analogy.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I've already told my stance... there is NO ONE in FA right now that I feel Portland should be tossing a giant contract at. Re-sign the core and MAYBE bringin some cheaper help (Sessions or Felton). Don't spend money just to be spending money...

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

I don't see Odom signing it unless L.A. takes their offer completely off the table.

I dont know exactly how the taxes work in Cali but once you take them out, It wont be as much of a difference as you would think

Portland should of went after hedo and odom to start FA. once hedo turned them down throw the money at odom so you can start bayless and play him off the ball.

Portland wont have any FA money after this year so save it for what?

Originally Posted by UCLAMIKE

Portland should of went after hedo and odom to start FA. once hedo turned them down throw the money at odom so you can start bayless and play him off the ball.

That probably would've been the smartest thing to do and it would've showed that they were looking to do one thing this off-season andthat's find a point-forward basically. At least it would've been a plan.

And they save the money for extensions or if a high-caliber player is up for trade at the deadline, they can make a push for whomever.

Originally Posted by UCLAMIKE

Huh? Before any extensions/contracts, it looks like:

2010/2011
Roy- 13,500,000
LA - 12,500,000
Joel - 7,405,300
Greg - 6,760,524
Web - 4,773,218
Bayless - 2,292,600
Rudy - 1,246,680
Batum - 1,196,760

Total - $49,675,082

And then we have Blake and Outlaw with options. Without signing any big FA's this year, Portland will have just as much for next year

Originally Posted by heat23

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

I dont know exactly how the taxes work in Cali but once you take them out, It wont be as much of a difference as you would think
Right so why lock yourself in to a longer contract - with about the same amount of money at stake - when you can sign another contract in 3 years?

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

I've already told my stance... there is NO ONE in FA right now that I feel Portland should be tossing a giant contract at. Re-sign the core and MAYBE bring in some cheaper help (Sessions or Felton). Don't spend money just to be spending money...
Really, they don't even need to do it, they don't need to just spend to spend. They can deal with what they have and wait for something.They don't need Andre Miller

Too bad Baby had to go

Back
Top Bottom