NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

Offense, defense, size, small, perimeter, interior, they would have it all pretty much. Clearly the class of the league if they put all of it together withBarnes, and co.

12 better be workin on them free throws as we speak though, it's a big weak spot they need to address.

They'd have 3 guys who could match up on Kobe, 4 if you count Redick too, 3 big bodies to match up with ours, a better point guard then us, and still haveLewis as an ace in the hole.
frown.gif

[h2]Sources: Drop in salary affects buyout[/h2]
Comment Email Print Share
By Ric Bucher
ESPN The Magazine
Archive

Spanish star Ricky Rubio's move to the NBA has been complicated by his sliding to fifth in the draft, but the only options he's currently considering are playing in Minnesota or returning to DKV Joventut, sources said on Tuesday.

Had Rubio been a top three pick, he could have more easily afforded to pay Joventut to release him, a source said. But the difference in salary between third and fifth in the draft is roughly $600,000 a year. Joventut reportedly is asking for no less than $4 million for his release.

Going to another European team is not a realistic option because that team would want a long-term commitment from Rubio and his desire remains to play in the NBA, a source said. Whether he can do that next season or when his Joventut contract expires two years from now is the question.

In any case, Rubio apparently has no objections to playing in Minnesota.

"This isn't about Minnesota," a source said. "It's about the buyout."

Although the Wolves drafted another point guard in Syracuse's Jonny Flynn on June 25, a source said Minnesota is dedicated to having Rubio on the team next season.

Oh yea...

Where are all you Rubio people talking about how he didn't want to play for a certain team at? And how I mentioned that if he was picked in the top 3 thathe could've easily paid for his buyout and that it was his agent fault how he handled the situation of not letting him visit any team possible? I guesseverybody thought it was the homer coming out of me that he wouldn't had mind playing in Memphis.
laugh.gif

Now, the guy will more than likely go back overseas because there's a $600,000 difference in pay during the first season from where he was picked comparedto any of the top 3 picks.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

This is how I look at it.

Ariza + Odom > Artest

I don't think it will hurt LAL THAT much, but they definitely won't be as strong as last year's team.
Odom is a mismatch problem for power forwards because he have decent handles an a decent mid-range/3-point jumper. If he leaves that Laker benchwill not be good like it was last year. The Lakers will loss alot like Odom and Ariza were main components on that team. Plus I feel Artest will want to put up16+ I cant see him settle for 8 points a game.

im still here bhz. i still think he wants to come to ny though, and im pretty damn sure his dad doesn't want to go to minny.
by the way, like you said, rubio didn't admit he wants to play for minny, only sources, sources. until then, i still win this argument
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by BangDak

im still here bhz. i still think he wants to come to ny though, and im pretty damn sure his dad doesn't want to go to minny.
by the way, like you said, rubio didn't admit he wants to play for minny, only sources, sources. until then, i still win this argument
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I mean who wouldn't want to play in 1 of the major cities in the US.
laugh.gif

It's not about what his dad wants anyway, its about what he wants as a player. His dad isn't his agent and his dad isn't playing for Minnesota.There were problem many NBA player parents who didn't like where they were going, but had to accept it.

and apparently, they're controlling the situation.
its basically like today, where the agent decides where the players go. look at ariza, odom, d.lee. they all want to stay with their team, but their agents arethe one who wants the big $.

can orlando afford to get odom.. if we can why not atleast try,

but as far as matt barnes go.. hell yeah bring him over.. he's just another capable nba player
pimp.gif

^
The Cavs can wait, they don't want it with Orlando, no way no how.

Magic/Celtics is what I'm lookin forward too.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by eeibaby

Originally Posted by JordanXI45

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

If LO walks, The San Antonio Spurs are your 2010 Western Conference Champions (& Kobe most likely NEVER gets another ring
pimp.gif
)

I'm not even a Lakers fan but you're trippin buddy. If Lamar walks its a big loss for LA but you act as if Artest can't fill Odom's roll. I think people are forgetting just how good Ron Ron is. He's still top 3 in lock-down defenders and can drop atleast 20 any given night. Lamar is a big time player for LA, but IMO Kobe, Gasol and Artest is still enough to beat the Spurs.
I disagree, people are not giving Lamar much credit he is so much more versatile than Ron. Plus with his height he can play the 4 and become a huge mis-match problem. I'm not dissing Artest but Lamar fits more with the Lakers than Artest does
Thank you. What the hell are you talking about "Artest filling LO's role?!". He is filling Ariza's role. What LO does (did)for LA is VERY overlooked. Dude was arguably the biggest mismatch in the L & easily their 3rd best player. If LO walks & Cupcake doesn't make amiracle happen (
laugh.gif
@ Joe Smith being a possible replacement like theywere reporting on SC), there is NO WAY in my mind LA beats a HEALTHY SA team (you do know they were banged up last season AND the additions theyadded...right?), let alone wins the title.

If LO walks, The San Antonio Spurs are your 2010 Western Conference Champions (& Kobe most likely NEVER gets another ring
pimp.gif
)

I'm not even a Lakers fan but you're trippin buddy. If Lamar walks its a big loss for LA but you act as if Artest can't fill Odom's roll. I think people are forgetting just how good Ron Ron is. He's still top 3 in lock-down defenders and can drop atleast 20 any given night. Lamar is a big time player for LA, but IMO Kobe, Gasol and Artest is still enough to beat the Spurs.
They will still be competitive against the Spurs but they won't be better. Odom has been a huge mismatch for the Spurs and kills them everytime on the boards. Artest is a top-notch defender, but I don't think his offense is as fluid as Odom. And as many people has pointed out, Artest isfilling Ariza's spot, not Odom.

Originally Posted by eeibaby

pimp.gif
)

I disagree, people are not giving Lamar much credit he is so much more versatile than Ron. Plus with his height he can play the 4 and become a huge mis-match problem. I'm not dissing Artest but Lamar fits more with the Lakers than Artest does
Thank you. What the hell are you talking about "Artest filling LO's role?!". He is filling Ariza's role. What LO does (did) for LA is VERY overlooked. Dude was arguably the biggest mismatch in the L & easily their 3rd best player. If LO walks & Cupcake doesn't make a miracle happen (
laugh.gif
@ Joe Smith being a possible replacement like they were reporting on SC), there is NO WAY in my mind LA beats a HEALTHY SA team (you do know they were banged up last season AND the additions they added...right?), let alone wins the title.
laugh.gif
people over look the fact we still have a much strongerPau Gasol and an improving Andrew Bynum with a very hungry Ron Artest. o and some dude named Kobe Bryant. i heard alot of cleveland fans say the same samething about the magic beating them in the ECF. we beat the spurs in the 08 WCF w/o ariza artest n bynum. they havent gotten anybetter they juss got older RJimho is overrated but we will see but i do like mcdyess even tho he is old. its gonna be a exciting nba season but to say there is no way LA is beatin SA isvery outlandish especially with KOBE BRYANT still on the squad

If Miami was to somehow end up with Boozer and LO. Not sure what our cap would look like.

Haslem would be gone Im sure. Probably Jones and maybe Blount too.

I guess maybe we would be throwing away the 2010 plan and I guess Beasley will be back to the bench again.
eyes.gif

much stronger Pau Gasol
Stronger and Pau shouldn't be in the same sentence. Pau will be the same player he was the previous season in a half in LA. Book it. Bynumwill probably end up getting hurt again. When Bynum goes out and they put Pau at center, who's going to play PF and create mismatches like Odom did? Artestcan play the 4, but he definitely doesn't do the same things Odom does. When Artest moves to the 4, who will be the Ariza at the 3 for LAL?

I'm just saying, not re-signing Odom and letting Ariza go for Artest will probably cause LAL to not be so fortunate this season. They will probably meetSAS in the West Finals and as of now I favor SAS. If LAL can somehow re-sign Odom, I have no doubt in my mind that they will probably win back-to-back chips.Odom can also relate to Artest probably better than any player on the Lakers team, so not re-signing him will also affect Artest in someway.

uhhhhh gasol was stronger then he was his 1st year in LA tho

and if they heat got LO and boozer you got to think Beasy will be gone to get one

Lakers take deal off table for LO....
smh.gif

quit playin games dummy before we do u like we did Ariza and his %%+*$$@ agent
tired.gif

Originally Posted by UCLAMIKE

uhhhhh gasol was stronger then he was his 1st year in LA tho

and if they heat got LO and boozer you got to think Beasy will be gone to get one
Of course he was because he went through a full training camp and everything with the Lakers rather than coming in mid-season to learn a new sets.I'm just saying, he will be the same Pau as he was last season. Nothing more, nothing less. That's not saying he won't help, but I don't expecthim to be some incredible force for the Lakers.

why would the heat get LO if they were the ones who traded him down to LA in the first place...
ive been trying to ignore that statement for the past few pages, but cmon guys, get some brains.
he doesn't even fit in either way...

Originally Posted by rleung03

where is the rumor for matt barnes getting picked up? i don't see it anywhere
Damn, i can't find the damn thing anywhere, but i saw it this morning, I swear. I checked, ESPN, RealGM, Hoopshype, and some other site itled me too when i was reading about Odom. I wasn't looking for Barnes or anything, I just saw a bulletin that said Magic close to landing Barnes. It mademe
eek.gif
and i came straight over here and posted.
My bad for not posting a link or a quote.
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom