**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Late post

IMG_20190707_183123.jpg

I think that I’m very blessed that I have a great front office. I have a great coaching staff,” Towns told WCCO’s Cory Hepola during a live interview at his summer camp. “We think we have the best coaching staff possibly in the game right now from a talent, experience and just culture standpoint. And the culture we’re building here is something special. So I’m a very happy. I’m very glad now we’re introducing [rookies Jarrett] Culver and [Jaylen] Noel to a culture that we possess now. You know, I don’t think the situation before it would’ve been very beneficial for them.

While clearly referencing the Tom Thibodeau-led Timberwolves, Towns talked about how he felt it held back the development of the players.

And that’s a disrespect and a slap in the face to their development, you know, and I want to make sure that they develop not only as players, but as human beings and as men. And, uh, you know, that’s what we’re here to do. And in Minnesota, the thing, one of the biggest things where Ryan and with me is like, we have to make sure our culture is not based on just basketball. This is a family atmosphere. Everything we do here in Minnesota has to be able to have a family. A family backing and a family thought process. And building people’s personalities, characters and showing them more of themselves. And you’re more than basketball.”

:nerd:

"This year, I'm going to come up with something more creative and it's gonna look like a travel but it's not. Honestly! Even when I was on a tour, in Europe or China or even when I'm here in the U.S., I see kids your guys' age that are working on step-backs, working on moves, because it's going to gain you an opportunity to be better than the rest of your peers. And that's what I'm going for.

"So until they call it a travel, if they start calling it, I'll continue to find ways and find ways to get creative and make my impact on the game."
#influence

Blake Griffin ‘Liked’ Tweet on Rumor About Pistons Discussing Trades With at Least 3 Teams

Detroit-has-no-interest-in-shopping-Blake-Griffin.jpg

https://clutchpoints.com/pistons-ne...troit-discussing-trades-with-at-least-3-teams

A rumor is floating around suggesting the Detroit Pistons are looking to trade Blake Griffin, with three teams involved in the discussions.

Griffin “liked” the rumor when he stumbled upon the tweet:

gefq6bdlbza31.jpg

Griffin, the first overall pick in the 2009 NBA Draft, is coming off a great season with Detroit. He put up 24.5 points, 7.5 rebounds, and 5.4 assists per game while leading the Pistons to the playoffs last season. Unfortunately, they lost to the Milwaukee Bucks in the first round and Griffin needed knee surgery.

The 30-year-old Griffin seems to be committed to the Pistons’ plan to build a competitive team around him, and this tweet could very well just be him just expressing his amusement at this rumor, which hasn’t really gained traction anywhere else.

Griffin has three years left on his contract, with the third year being a player option worth over $38 million in 2021-22, potentially making a trade more difficult. The Chicago Bulls were mentioned as one of the three teams involved in these discussions, but again, this is a rumor that should be taken with a major grain of salt.

The Pistons are not good enough to win a title, but they are not bad enough to go on a full rebuild either. Trading Griffin would either give them some sense of direction in the future, or it could just make things worse for the proud franchise.

At this point, it would be a major surprise to see Blake Griffin on the move.

Rumor: Miami Heat Reportedly Willing To Trade For John Wall & Bradley Beal

(Photo by Rob Carr/Getty Images)

https://www.totalprosports.com/2019...xh2N4ARBy_toPkjm-jfEGkidOp4uVBSw4cTJW72SNgywM

Bradley Beal has drawn a lot of interest in the trade market this offseason, most notably the Miami Heat, but it doesn’t appear that the Washington Wizards have any plans to move on from him.

According to a report by the Miami Herald’s Barry Jackson, the Wizards have “rejected all trade overtures on Beal,” as they prepare to offer him a three-year, $111 million contract extension once he’s eligible on July 26.

Things can quickly change if the 26-year old star turns down the extension. If that happens, The Athletic’s Frank Isola is reporting the Miami Heat would be willing to take on John Wall’s ridiculous $171M contract as part of the trade package.

Beal averaged a career-high 25.6 points per game last season to go along with 5.5 assists and 5 rebounds, while earning All Star honors.

Getting another star to go alongside Jimmy Butler is a top priority for the Miami Heat who are looking to build a championship contender once again.

Revamped Nets Put 76ers’ Tobias Harris on Notice

https://nypost.com/2019/07/18/revamped-nets-puts-76ers-tobias-harris-star-on-notice/

Tobias Harris pegs his Sixers “at the top’’ of the East, but the Long Island native believes the Nets are going to be there battling them.

Appearing at the NBA Players Association’s kids camp at Pier 36 Thursday, the Sixers’ standout small forward said he feels the addition of Al Horford and his own re-signing align Philly perfectly for big things.

The 27-year-old admitted to being hardly shocked Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant are headed to Brooklyn, which battled Philly in an edgy first-round series.

The Nets had Harris on their radar if things fell through with KD. Harris indicated, too, he might have met with the Knicks if his Sixers’ five-year, $180 million deal hadn’t come to fruition so expediently.

“I wasn’t surprised,’’ Harris said of the Durant/Irving signings. “You heard a lot of rumblings before about it. I didn’t know for 100%, but if I had to make my guess, I would’ve said Kyrie and Kevin were going to the Nets. Kind of all season long you heard different rumblings. That would’ve been my educated guess.”

The Sixers lost to the eventual NBA champion Raptors in the second round. The Sixers lost Jimmy Butler this offseason, but Toronto lost its soul — Kawhi Leonard. Meanwhile, Harris, Ben Simmons, Joel Embiid and Horford make for a powerful foursome, and they also added Josh Richardson.

“I think for sure we’re going to be at the top of the East,’’ Harris said. “That being said, it’s hard to win games in the NBA. I know it’s going to take a lot of chemistry and work from every guy on the team. We have big goals for ourselves as a team. We’re ready for it.”

Durant may not make it back for the 2019-20 season following surgery to repair a ruptured Achilles tendon, but Harris saw enough of the Nets’ playoff fight in the five-game series to know they are for real.

It’s great competition,’’ said the Dix Hills product who is training in Long Island all summer. “I love how the NBA is balanced. I love how everybody wants to go get their shot. I still think the East is quality, having a lot of great teams, too [like the West[. It will be a great year of basketball. It will be fun for the fans to watch.”

Maybe not for Knicks fans. The Knicks struck out on the big names in free agency and signed seven free agents — Julius Randle the most accomplished.

Harris said his father/agent had arranged meetings with other teams, but those never came to fruition because the Sixers’ deal got done. Harris referred to a potential Knicks’ meeting only as a “what-if.’’

Asked what he expects from the Knicks this season, Harris was dismissive.

“I don’t play for the Knicks,’’ he said. “I don’t care about the Knicks. I’m not going to waste my energy.”

( :rofl: )

Harris acknowledged the Nets “pulled their interest’’ once they got their two superstars and used all their cap space.

“Everything happened really fast at the start,’’ said Harris, an NBA community awards candidate who gave a speech to campers stressing academics. “A lot of moving parts happened. You got a good feel beforehand. It was a pretty epic free agency. I knew I wanted to stay, but you never what could happen in free agency.”

Last edited:
keep Blake

trade everyone else

Problem is nobody else on the team has any real value. They basically have to trade Blake and Drummond in order to start their rebuild or else they’ll be stuck where they’re at for the next few years.

Problem is nobody else on the team has any real value. They basically have to trade Blake and Drummond in order to start their rebuild or else they’ll be stuck where they’re at for the next few years.
Been asking for Drummond to be traded for 2 years now :lol:

I hated Blake onnthe clippers but come around to liking him especially because he’s grown and become more mature at least IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom