NBA's Top 25 under 25 discussion

Originally Posted by allen3xis

Oh, yeah OJ over Rose is laughable.

Wow...I was so caught off guard by Jeff not being on there I totally missed that.

SMH
tired.gif

seeing how he's 22 right now and already is the #2 on a team...yeah.

As far as Millsap, little easier surrounded by a great PG and good players, a great coach and system and just have a role, isn't it? We don't know if more minutes will equate to the same production.

Ok now your reaching
laugh.gif

Hes the #2 on by far the worst team in the league so what real point are you trying to make there?

See,just by you saying that its easier surrounded by a great point guard just shows that you dont watch Jazz games.... Millsap gets absolutely NO plays ran forhim,so once again im not seeing how your making a point of having a good PG matters

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by yungmatt

roll.gif
You HONESTLY think that Jeff Green has the ability to become more than a role player in the NBA??? SERIOUSLY?

My thing is,what the hell am I missing and what has he shown you to make you think of him so highly as a player?
You honestly think that Millsap can become more than a role player? And that JG Cannot?

Are you all also forgetting the terrible coaching and team situation that JG is in?

Dre,when did I say Paul can become more than a Role Player?
laugh.gif

Neither of them will EVER be more than role players in the league...

I simply said Paul Millsap is better than Jeff Green and I would take him on my team before Jeff Green

Originally Posted by InMyMind

*@+% the numbers...I'm not a big stat %!+#%.

PAUL MILSAP IS NOT A BETTER BASKETBALL PLAYER THAN JEFF GREEN.

He does not shoot better
He does not dribble better
He does not pass better
He's less versatile
He's less athletic
He does not defend better

You can give him the rebounding edge right now but Jeff was playing the wing for a year and half...let's see how he does now that he's back on the block.

I couldn't care less about some BS imaginary rating system.

I just want to know RIGHT now would yall take Jeff Green over Paul Millsap.... If yall can HONESTLY say yeah then I dunno

One thing that I KNOW Jeff doesnt have on Millsap that cant be kept on a statsheet is heart and hustle, I guarantee you that PAul has more than Jeff in boththose catagories. When a team plays the JAzz they know Millsap is on the floor EVERYTIME after a looseball or rebound, and i highly doubt they talk about thatwith Jeff...

I think with time Jeff Green can become a better Tayshaun Prince player.

Good shooter, very good athlete, great defender and a solid playmaker for others.

Ok now your reaching
laugh.gif

Hes the #2 on by far the worst team in the league so what real point are you trying to make there?

See,just by you saying that its easier surrounded by a great point guard just shows that you dont watch Jazz games.... Millsap gets absolutely NO plays ran for him,so once again im not seeing how your making a point of having a good PG matters
Did I say he gets plays ran for him? It is much easier to be in Millsap's situation compared to Jeff's in OKC, isn't it? Having goodplayers around you and a good system is only beneficial.

If/when OKC gets better he's still gona be one of the major pieces.

Jeff can play multiple spots on the floor, defend 2-4. IDK why you would take Millsap over him..

He does not shoot better
He does not pass better
He's less versatile
He's less athletic
These can't be argued. Not in anyway.
One thing that I KNOW Jeff doesnt have on Millsap that cant be kept on a statsheet is heart and hustle, I guarantee you that PAul has more than Jeff in both those catagories.
And this is just +@#*+!% ******ed.

Originally Posted by sw33nskill

One thing that I KNOW Jeff doesnt have on Millsap that cant be kept on a statsheet is heart and hustle, I guarantee you that PAul has more than Jeff in both those catagories.

It can't be kept on a stat sheet...but somehow you can tell Millsap has more in those "categories" than Jeff does right?

Great call
grin.gif

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

He does not shoot better
He does not pass better
He's less versatile
He's less athletic

You can give him the rebounding edge right now but Jeff was playing the wing for a year and half...let's see how he does now that he's back on the block.

Comparing the shooting isn't fair because Millsap is primairly an in-the-paint scorer. That being said, Millsap IS shooting at a higher clip,but in all fairness, Green has WAY more range....I'll give Green the versatility and defense, but as of now, Millsap IS the better of the two....you canignore the #'s all you want, but they're indicitave of what each player is doing at their respective position....and he's been on a tear sincehe's been starting.

Originally Posted by dreClark

roll.gif
You HONESTLY think that Jeff Green has the ability to become more than a role player in the NBA??? SERIOUSLY?

My thing is,what the hell am I missing and what has he shown you to make you think of him so highly as a player?
You honestly think that Millsap can become more than a role player? And that JG Cannot?

Are you all also forgetting the terrible coaching and team situation that JG is in?

Dre,when did I say Paul can become more than a Role Player?
laugh.gif
I know you never said it, I was just asking if you thought he could.
Neither of them will EVER be more than role players in the league...

Ehhhhhh.....I dunno about that. JG's never gonna be the 'Man' on his team, but I think he's eventually gonna develop into a strong#2. Not really a role player.
I simply said Paul Millsap is better than Jeff Green and I would take him on my team before Jeff Green
I simply cannot agree with this. It's Paul %@*!#!% Millsap. He plays the Ronny Turiaf type role. Rebounds, Hustles, etc.

And how can dude say that JG has less heart and hustle? You do realize that JG is holding his own playing out of position at the 4 right? If he had no heart orhustle, _'s would be putting 25+ on him every night cause he wouldn't fight back against his disadvantage.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

He does not shoot better
He does not pass better
He's less versatile
He's less athletic

Comparing the shooting isn't fair because Millsap is primairly an in-the-paint scorer. That being said, Millsap IS shooting at a higher clip, but in all fairness, Green has WAY more range....I'll give Green the versatility and defense, but as of now, Millsap IS the better of the two....you can ignore the #'s all you want, but they're indicitave of what each player is doing at their respective position....and he's been on a tear since he's been starting.

Well he obviously is primarily an in-the-paint scorer because he doesn't have the ABILITY to shoot from the outside (consistently at least...I have seenhim knock down a few mid range j's). Obviously he's going to shoot at a higher clip. At the end of the day he's still a better shooter. That'slike someone mentioning Tony Parker shooting a higher percentage than (insert any top tier point guard) with a jump shot or Dwight Howard shooting a higherpercentage than Rasheed Wallace...when its because all of their scoring is coming close to the basket. I still don't see how if you go category forcategory...skill for skill...that Green isn't better than Milsap.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

He does not shoot better
He does not pass better
He's less versatile
He's less athletic

Comparing the shooting isn't fair because Millsap is primairly an in-the-paint scorer. That being said, Millsap IS shooting at a higher clip, but in all fairness, Green has WAY more range....I'll give Green the versatility and defense, but as of now, Millsap IS the better of the two....you can ignore the #'s all you want, but they're indicitave of what each player is doing at their respective position....and he's been on a tear since he's been starting.

Well he obviously is primarily an in-the-paint scorer because he doesn't have the ABILITY to shoot from the outside (consistently at least...I have seen him knock down a few mid range j's). Obviously he's going to shoot at a higher clip. At the end of the day he's still a better shooter. That's like someone mentioning Tony Parker shooting a higher percentage than (insert any top tier point guard) with a jump shot or Dwight Howard shooting a higher percentage than Rasheed Wallace...when its because all of their scoring is coming close to the basket. I still don't see how if you go category for category...skill for skill...that Green isn't better than Milsap.

I see what you're saying, but also skill for skill you could say Lamar Odom is > 95% of the NBA....it doesn't necessairly mean they are the betterplayer.

That's a great point...I can't lie that that's a perfect example of skill set not equaling production...but I just personally don't see howMilsap's career has outweighed Jeff Green's first year and the current year he's having.

I look at Milsap the same way I look at Maxiell...they look great at times playing behind these veteran driven playoff teams but I'm not so sure they areor will ever be better than some of the young guys at their position who don't get the "wow, he really plays hard and hustles...he's good"treatment because they play on crap teams.

Um......where is the mighty Greg Oden?
nerd.gif

Cuz he is going to be better then Bill Russell, or so I've been told.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

I see the Gtown homers are out in force today
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

you just worry about those trash #$* big men UCLA is putting out...I don't see Kevin Love's fat face #$* up there either.
nerd.gif

I'm surprised that mother +$$#$* wasn't #2 behind Lebron.

seeing how he's 22 right now and already is the #2 on a team...yeah.

As far as Millsap, little easier surrounded by a great PG and good players, a great coach and system and just have a role, isn't it? We don't know if more minutes will equate to the same production.

smh.gif

fantasy_g_westbrook1_sw_200.jpg

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

Originally Posted by CP1708

nerd.gif

Cuz he is going to be better then Bill Russell, or so I've been told.

He's at your moms.
No surprise there, she runs an old folks home. He fits right in.
wink.gif

Seriously, I been postin all day and I ain't seen you once, I make one little comment about daddy and you there with the quickness. !++?

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

I see the Gtown homers are out in force today
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

you just worry about those trash #$* big men UCLA is putting out...I don't see Kevin Love's fat face #$* up there either.
how that slow stiff doing with the pacers? he like the end of the bench?
laugh.gif

all joking aside

if this list is for this season how is ellis even on the list?

and yall see the reason OJ was ranked higher then rose?
roll.gif

Don't be mad at me that Joel Pryz is better then the almighty savior. Not my fault.

If they could just figure out a way for Andris Beidris to be traded to every team ya'll play, GO would be a monster.
pimp.gif

Jeff is twice the basketball player Millsap is. Only thing he does better is rebound. That's it.

The Georgetown Bias never fails. Jeff averages like 15 points a game on 43% shooting, on a team where he is the second option. Yea, he is a good defender butMillsap is putting up 13 and 8, at a clip of over 50% from the field. Jeff will prob. be better down the line, but right now Millsap is better.

Back
Top Bottom