Need advice buying a MB PRO

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

I've had two HDDs brick up on me on macbooks.. These aren't immune from anything. Some people build up these MACs like they are so much better than anything else. But I feel they are all pretty much comparable with no true run away winner.

i've had my hard drive fail twice on my macbook and both times they were able to save all my files and replaced the hard drive, even when it was out of warranty.
yea sometimes things happen, but no viruses or anything like that and excellent customer service

Ya I have a best buy credit card but I used it to help pay for my dads plasma in nov I can easily do the 80/mo And Wally I've heard those are not very common things to happen to macs but I do believe they happen no electronic is immune to failure

Ya I have a best buy credit card but I used it to help pay for my dads plasma in nov I can easily do the 80/mo And Wally I've heard those are not very common things to happen to macs but I do believe they happen no electronic is immune to failure

Yea HDD's are bound to fail, they contain moving parts. Thats why you have an option going with a SSD but to get the same capacity as an HDD you gonna be spending $$$$, and SDD's degrade over time.

Op your better of getting the 1st model, If you get your macbok from best buy and want to put a protection plan it will cover accidental damage, Apple Care doesn't cover accidental damage at all (I know they won't fix my cracked hinge that i broked
frown.gif
). However some best buy's don't offer the student discount, but you can ask or bargain to give you the student discount. (I know i work at Best buy). If they say no, be like i'll take your protection plan if you give me the student disconut, if they say no again f it and walk out and get it from the apple store.

Yea HDD's are bound to fail, they contain moving parts. Thats why you have an option going with a SSD but to get the same capacity as an HDD you gonna be spending $$$$, and SDD's degrade over time.

Op your better of getting the 1st model, If you get your macbok from best buy and want to put a protection plan it will cover accidental damage, Apple Care doesn't cover accidental damage at all (I know they won't fix my cracked hinge that i broked
frown.gif
). However some best buy's don't offer the student discount, but you can ask or bargain to give you the student discount. (I know i work at Best buy). If they say no, be like i'll take your protection plan if you give me the student disconut, if they say no again f it and walk out and get it from the apple store.

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

frown.gif

What first model are you talking about?

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

frown.gif

What first model are you talking about?

If you don't need a pro I would just go for a basic mac and save a few hundred. Then use the money you saved to upgrade the ram and HD by yourself for under $200 and you should be fine.

If you don't need a pro I would just go for a basic mac and save a few hundred. Then use the money you saved to upgrade the ram and HD by yourself for under $200 and you should be fine.

Originally Posted by Fresh Prince of Nowhere

Hmm so what's the difference between the pro and the basic?

Originally Posted by Lpheat22

Dude get the 1,799 Macbook Pro. Don't downgrade yourself to the white macbook if you know you can afford a macbook pro. Totally two different products and not worth actually saving a few bucks just so you can upgrade the hdd and ram. Think long term not short terms when you make this purchase.

If wana compare here you go.

http://store.apple.com/us...Mjg4Njk&page=macbook-pro

Originally Posted by Lpheat22

Dude get the 1,799 Macbook Pro. Don't downgrade yourself to the white macbook if you know you can afford a macbook pro. Totally two different products and not worth actually saving a few bucks just so you can upgrade the hdd and ram. Think long term not short terms when you make this purchase.

If wana compare here you go.

http://store.apple.com/us...Mjg4Njk&page=macbook-pro

is there a way to use student discount to purchase the refurbished ones?
like can you use your discount online or ask to purchase a refurbished one in store?

like can you use your discount online or ask to purchase a refurbished one in store?

is there an absolute reason why you want to spend 1700 for a mac just to surf the web and download music?

i understand buying it for graphic design but, really, 1700 to do what a 400 dollar machine can? but hey, that's your money.

go with the cheapest option, or even a macbook. you don't need to spend so much for such basic things.

is there an absolute reason why you want to spend 1700 for a mac just to surf the web and download music?

i understand buying it for graphic design but, really, 1700 to do what a 400 dollar machine can? but hey, that's your money.

go with the cheapest option, or even a macbook. you don't need to spend so much for such basic things.

Originally Posted by Sputnik

Do Nissan got student discounts for salvage Nissan GT-R'S?

Seriously though?
30t6p3b.gif
grin.gif
eyes.gif
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Sputnik

Do Nissan got student discounts for salvage Nissan GT-R'S?

Seriously though?
30t6p3b.gif
grin.gif
eyes.gif
indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom