Need advice buying a MB PRO

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

Originally Posted by Sputnik

is there a way to use student discount to purchase the refurbished ones?
like can you use your discount online or ask to purchase a refurbished one in store?

Do Nissan got student discounts for salvage Nissan GT-R'S?

Seriously though?
30t6p3b.gif
grin.gif
eyes.gif
indifferent.gif
$%$! are you talking about, bro youre trying to hard.
i have the title on hand, meaning its paid off, not financed like your mom's sofa.
the salvage title is just ******ed.
i asked a srs question and you come in with that #*%**###?
why dont you hop off my nuts pls.

i dont understand why you would post such a stupid, off topic answer that doesnt even make sense, what were you looking for lolz?
i will grant your wish, here you go;
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

(lemme guess, im the attention !$!#% huh?
grin.gif
)

like can you use your discount online or ask to purchase a refurbished one in store?

Seriously though?
30t6p3b.gif
grin.gif
eyes.gif
indifferent.gif
i have the title on hand, meaning its paid off, not financed like your mom's sofa.

i dont understand why you would post such a stupid, off topic answer that doesnt even make sense, what were you looking for lolz?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

grin.gif
)

Originally Posted by CWrite78

is there an absolute reason why you want to spend 1700 for a mac just to surf the web and download music?

i understand buying it for graphic design but, really, 1700 to do what a 400 dollar machine can? but hey, that's your money.

go with the cheapest option, or even a macbook. you don't need to spend so much for such basic things.

The craziest part is that someone who cant gauge the difference between specs for himself shouldnt be dropping almost 2gs after tax for a computer. The Mac hype is straight comedy.

Originally Posted by CWrite78

is there an absolute reason why you want to spend 1700 for a mac just to surf the web and download music?

i understand buying it for graphic design but, really, 1700 to do what a 400 dollar machine can? but hey, that's your money.

go with the cheapest option, or even a macbook. you don't need to spend so much for such basic things.

The craziest part is that someone who cant gauge the difference between specs for himself shouldnt be dropping almost 2gs after tax for a computer. The Mac hype is straight comedy.

For what you want to use it for a damn net book is enough. You will never need anything more than the entry level MBPs they are sick nasty anyways.
I do heavy web design and photo editing that would have average computers buzzing, my MBP doesnt even hum.

It has an i7 in it, that will be good enough for YEARS.

And I am not a student and got the discount. It was 150 when i bought mine....now its 100 off.

Just tell them you a student, they never ask for a school ID or anything! Same thing for my sister who bought on a week later....

not hard to get apples student discount...

For what you want to use it for a damn net book is enough. You will never need anything more than the entry level MBPs they are sick nasty anyways.
I do heavy web design and photo editing that would have average computers buzzing, my MBP doesnt even hum.

It has an i7 in it, that will be good enough for YEARS.

And I am not a student and got the discount. It was 150 when i bought mine....now its 100 off.

Just tell them you a student, they never ask for a school ID or anything! Same thing for my sister who bought on a week later....

not hard to get apples student discount...

Originally Posted by Lpheat22

I'll be using it for the usual school, dling music, surfing the web

Ya I'm just trying to see if I should spend the 2,200 or 1,700?

lol wut?
all that $ just for some office docs, music & web?
I would seriously advice you just get a $400-$600 pc laptop
Although if your Team i hate windows because of the viruses(
eyes.gif
), get the entry level macbook.

lol wut?
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

lol wut?
eyes.gif

This (typed from the new 13') MBP..... I couldn't see me dropping that much on a computer just to do basic *!+. I do a little more than u on my computer and this is helping me to build my credit (did the Best Buy financing thing). I don't think I could ever drop 1700 on something I would use just for the basics tho.

lol wut?
eyes.gif

This (typed from the new 13') MBP..... I couldn't see me dropping that much on a computer just to do basic *!+. I do a little more than u on my computer and this is helping me to build my credit (did the Best Buy financing thing). I don't think I could ever drop 1700 on something I would use just for the basics tho.

Seriously though?
30t6p3b.gif
grin.gif
eyes.gif
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

grin.gif
)
He's just wondering why a guy who has a GTR would be buying a refurb mac, let alone using a student discount. I think it's comical too that you have a $80,000 but is worried about $100 discount on a refurb car. I mean I'm sure service on your car alone is worth more than the Macbook.

Seriously though?
30t6p3b.gif
grin.gif
eyes.gif
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

grin.gif
)
He's just wondering why a guy who has a GTR would be buying a refurb mac, let alone using a student discount. I think it's comical too that you have a $80,000 but is worried about $100 discount on a refurb car. I mean I'm sure service on your car alone is worth more than the Macbook.

Should I get the refurb 13" from Apple or the new one? I heard last years is better than the new one. I'm also trading my laptop in and they quoted $116.

Should I get the refurb 13" from Apple or the new one? I heard last years is better than the new one. I'm also trading my laptop in and they quoted $116.

Originally Posted by cornzilla

Seriously though?
30t6p3b.gif
grin.gif
eyes.gif
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

grin.gif
)

Well considering that I am a student, why wouldn't I use the discount?Why would I spend an extra 100 bucks when I can save it? Doesn't matter how much money you have, you still like saving money. I'm considering buying a refurb bc I need a comp just to keep next to the tv, so I don't necessarily need a new one.

Seriously though?
30t6p3b.gif
grin.gif
eyes.gif
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

grin.gif
)

Well considering that I am a student, why wouldn't I use the discount?Why would I spend an extra 100 bucks when I can save it? Doesn't matter how much money you have, you still like saving money. I'm considering buying a refurb bc I need a comp just to keep next to the tv, so I don't necessarily need a new one.

^^^ the 2011 is faster no question, tere were so probs with the OS but thats all but ironed out with the latest automatic software update.

So with the trade in I would say definite cop either way but do a little more research use google for comparisons.....its nor even close between the i7s and core duo's

If you get the 2010 you will regret it a year later....unless you will just do the basic tasks, word/internet/music etc

^^^ the 2011 is faster no question, tere were so probs with the OS but thats all but ironed out with the latest automatic software update.

So with the trade in I would say definite cop either way but do a little more research use google for comparisons.....its nor even close between the i7s and core duo's

If you get the 2010 you will regret it a year later....unless you will just do the basic tasks, word/internet/music etc

Originally Posted by dream5hift

Do you drive a $80,000 gt-r? If no, get it. However last year models are much slower than this year model google benchmarks for macbook pro 2010 vs. 2011

Spunik relaxed dude, i was only kidding. When you 1st posted your gt-r back wen you got i actually belived you, also my moms sofa is a rental thanks for asking.

Originally Posted by dream5hift

Do you drive a $80,000 gt-r? If no, get it. However last year models are much slower than this year model google benchmarks for macbook pro 2010 vs. 2011

Spunik relaxed dude, i was only kidding. When you 1st posted your gt-r back wen you got i actually belived you, also my moms sofa is a rental thanks for asking.

Seriously though?
30t6p3b.gif
grin.gif
eyes.gif
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

grin.gif
)

eh i dont understand that. did he buy the car himself? if someone wants to save some money let them

Seriously though?
30t6p3b.gif
grin.gif
eyes.gif
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

grin.gif
)

eh i dont understand that. did he buy the car himself? if someone wants to save some money let them

Originally Posted by sneakaprince

lol wut?
eyes.gif

Well the reason I like the 15" is my vision isn't the best so instead of me squinting I rather go larger screen route but still want to be able to carry it and I have a toshiba satellite right now but it's on it's final leg plus my sis has the 1st gen mac and that thing has not had any problems at all while my toshiba has struggled due to viruses and since im not computer savy this seems like the best fit for me. So I guess I'll go with the 1,700 option from best buy since according to you fellas that would be enough for me thanks guys

Back
Top Bottom